Coachdent going on the Kubiak Show

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by coachdent, Dec 4, 2006.

1. coachdent

coachdent Veteran

On hold right now. Going to ask about the offensive line schemes.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Cool! Give us 'radio-challenged' folks an update when you're done.

3. TexasJedi

TexasJedi Hall of Fame

He's on now. Talking about Leach, and the tight ends.

4. real

real Guest

Heard him...

5. real

real Guest

Kubes said he could tell he was a good fan....

6. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

listening to it now...

7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Good call Coach!

8. coachdent

coachdent Veteran

Thanks! I found the streaming 610 site finally up here. Wife not to thrilled, we're late for dinner! But good stuff.

I don't think we use the tight ends as much as we should. Hopefully planted a little seed to do it more because Winston is going to need a lot of help this Sunday against Vandenmunchcrunch!

9. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I missed it, Coach. But I feel like I can sleep a little better knowing that you're calling the show as opposed to the average 610 caller.

10. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think Van Den Bosch (however you spell it) must have our game circled on his calander, because he absoultley destroys our O-line.

11. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

Coachdent for OC! :gotexans1

12. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

Shucks. I would have liked hearing you call in Coachdent. I have really come to appreciate the knowledge you take the time to share on here.

13. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Ha, thought that was you. Heard on the ride home a caller that asked a similar question you brought up on you "objective thread" and I asked in that thread if that was you. Impressive call.

edit - This is similar to what I posted on the other thread:

Personally, I don't think it was the answer you were looking for as Kubiak's response was basically he'd like to keep the TE's back to protect but also to release them to get up the field - to find a "happy medium".

edit 2 - Also, another caller got through to talk about Ron Dayne, but when he got on - he changed the question to "how long you think the fans will want to wait for Carr to go through his learning phase" (as Kubiak mentioned Carr was going through this with his new system) and "what is your response if you hear the cheers in Reliant when the guy y'all passed on is playing" (VY). Shoot - now I really don't recall his answer, but something along the lines of Kubiak mentioned it's gonna take some time for Carr to learn this system and the good thing about Carr is he knows he had an off game, as he had in the past (most likely Ten.) and will like to see how he responds the next game. Never really addressed a "time frame". Concerning the VY question, mentioned that the decision was to go with Carr at the time and once the decision was made, there was no reason to go after another QB.

14. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

Well, that second call you wrote about was just being rude. Trying to surprise a figure head by posing a fake question then trapping them into one like that is just disrespectful.

15. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

yeah, the radio guys were embarassed he got through like that, but Kubiak took it in stride. I'm sure Kubiak is frustrated on multiple levels like the fans are, but he's working through it.

At least he responded better than our previous "E" coach.

16. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I second that

17. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Coach I didn't hear your call... what were your recommendations? Did you mention using the TE's to help with max pass protection packages? One thing that I didn't see in the Oakland was the 5-wide sets that spread the field. That seemed to work really well against the Giants.

I'm sure you were insightful and all, but when NFL coaches start listening to fans they end up sitting with them in the stands.

18. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I don't get the TE thing... Leaving a TE to block means that you leave have an extra guy on the defense free to cover right? Wouldn't that be the drawback in having a TE to help with pass protection?

19. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

That caller was "Longhorn Scott," an extreme arrogant ass that would make an otherwise non-caring college football fan hate Texas.

The fact that he lied to the producer and told him that he wanted to talk about Dayne, then buttered up Kubiak with the "my wife is a St. Pius grad" thing and then surprised Kubiak with a "how can you live with yourself by not drafting VY" question is not surprising. It fits a bitter, arrogant, and nauseating pattern and it usually shows up when he calls the morning show about anything un-Texas. His attitude is almost enough to make me root for OU once a year.

20. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

Well I'm a longhorn myself, so I can feel him on the VY thing. I know its exhausted here, so I won't go into detail - but I will say that all the longhorns out there are telling the rest of the nation I told you so right about now.

But wow, to disrespect the head coach, especially while going under the identity of Longhorn anything - what a shame. Some people really are just *******s. :brickwall