Clint Stoerner

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by KarlK, Jul 10, 2019.

1. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

I think you are exactly right.

2. Dejaview

Dejaview Veteran

In a nation of whiners here is one more. There is actually many sides to any issue and this board is sidetracked and railroaded by a few whiners but this crap is just ridiculous. Shouldn’t we actually see the new changes in pads first? Again, Shinobi figured out the problem and expressed it so clearly.

3. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

So this is what we have come to, we are so bored and so ready to complain that we are even complaining about the radio people talking about the team. Not even the full time ones but just a temp one. Good God we need lives.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Politics go in the No Spin Zone.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Would everybody ******* read this please!

Carr Bombed, CWTexansFan, JB and 6 others like this.
  6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

He's actually very good at explaining plays. Like the throw Watson missed in the playoffs to Watson in the endzone. He said Watson was late with the throw and explained why he was late with the throw. I like this kind of analysis.

7. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I always found if a commentator falls on the optimistic side, they're labeled as sheep simply saying what the Texans want them to say.

If the commentator falls on the pessimistic side, they're labeled as truth tellers.

maverick512000 and CWTexansFan like this.
  8. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

Thank God that dumb rube is not on the air today.

Wade Smith is instead. Wade is objective, measured and professional....all things that the hayseed lacks.

Good riddance Clint. Back to the trailer park you go.

9. KarlK

KarlK Veteran

Then there are those that live in reality and fall in between these 2 extremes.

Unfortunately none of the full time talking heads employed by 610 am fall in this category. 610 would rather have their people boast about a Texans utopia, where unicorns roam free and Leprechauns rule.

justmy2cents and steelbtexan like this.
  10. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

If you truly feel this, then why continue to listen to 610? Go to 790, they are more critical of the Texans org.

Carr Bombed likes this.

11. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Gave up on that trash years ago.

The Houston talk radio is worse than any I've ever heard. I've never seen a single guy on any of those stations I liked other than Richard Justice way back in the day, and then he sort of disappeared.

The whole concept is terrible. Way to many commercials and all of the competitors seems like they are on commercial break at the same time.

12. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

He's fine. I've heard worse. That texans radio show on 610 the Monday's after a game is the worse 2 hrs. Thinks it's from 8-10 am

steelbtexan likes this.
  13. BOBdaFRAUD

BOBdaFRAUD Veteran

stoner......... eh ehe eh heheh

14. ShinobiMusashi

ShinobiMusashi Veteran

I'm just a glass half full guy I guess bubba, maybe it's from growing up watching so many NFL team yearbook episodes where they would sugar coat horrid teams. I just found the 1992 Bengals episode on Youtube and they did a pretty good job of making David Klingler look like a future Hall Of Fame elite quarterback and that the Bengals were on the fast track to being contenders lmao, if only they knew the pain and misery that team was in for the next decade.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  15. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

At the end of the day whether someone is doing a good job or not is based entirely on the bias of the listener. A reporter could have years of experience covering a team, inside sources that go all the way to the owners, a near perfect record on predicting big moves a team will make and smoking gun evidence to prove it all. If what they are saying, however, doesn't match the listener's preconceived views then they are either a shill or a hack. The solution is very simple, if you don't like it, don't listen/read/watch it. Problem solved and you might actually make an impact.

Ultimately they don't care if you like or agree with them or not they only care that you are tuning in. Reminds me a what wrestler Randy Savage once said ( and I'm paraphrasing) "Cheer me or boo me I don't care just don't sit down and do nothing when I come out because that's the real career killer"

otisbean, CWTexansFan and JB like this.