Classless move by a classy franchise?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hook'er, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

EVERY team in the NFL (even the Raiders) had #21 stickers on the back of their helmets yesterday except our Texans. The ONLY Texans to wear them were Andre Johnson & Eric Winston who formerly played with Sean Taylor. I thought that was a pretty classless move, what are you thoughts on that situation?:texflag:

2. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Why were they wearing #12?

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

It's #21. Unless it was mandated by the NFL - whats the problem?

4. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

you mean #21 stickers? And I think you are making too big a deal out of it. Yes it was a very sad thing. Should they all have done it maybe maybe not. Could have been that they respected the 2 guys that played with him enough to let them stand out in the crowd. I would leave the issue alone.

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Ummm . . I believe it's #21.

Other than that, why try to make something out of nothing?

6. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

It was a player option. I watched other games throughout the day and I would say around 1/2 to 3/4 of the players were wearing the #21.

7. SA Texan

SA Texan Veteran

It's a non issue and no it wasn't classless. Everyone (and every team) has different ways of handling things and honoring people. It's just like you can still support the troops without driving around with a yellow ribbon on your car.

8. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I found it odd that other teams were wearing his number on their helmets. Normally it is just the team the person played for. Why weren't all the teams wearing the numbers of those Broncos players that died during the offseason? Aren't the Broncos already wearing 2 different numbers? I assume some are wearing 3 now? If this keeps up they are going to look like Ohio State with those stickers all over their helmets.

9. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

If we were the only one out of 32 teams to NOT wear a #21 sticker in honor of ST, then I would have a HUGE problem with it. But i don't think that was the case.

I don't know all the facts about this but I sure hope the yanks over at ESPN don't make this a story if we pretty much diss'ed the tribute and the rest of the league pretty much honored it. i'm not a huge ST guy and all the facts aren't out but what is the big deal with putting a 21 on your helmet like the rest of the league? (if that is the case)

10. adam

adam Guero

Yawn. Taylor's death was certainly sad and tragic, but I am not going to damn the Texans over a helmet decal.

11. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

Your right #21, I'm not damning the Texans just woundering what you guys thought?

12. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

lets all find stuff about the texans to complain about.

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

My good friend Ed Hochuli told me that Gary Kubiak has moderate to severe halitosis. Man somebody buy that guy some listerine and altoids and orbit gum.

14. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

Lil' bigger please!:texflag:

15. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

Oh', and I love the Texans!:texflag:

16. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Thats good and great and all but your satrting of this thread sounds more like a gripe fest. You say your not damning the Texans but you did type it in bold and in Red so if you are not damning them what exactly are you doing? We can not read emotions behind a computer screen and with typing words. We can only deduce what the temperment is of the typist but who they type those words. By using the red and the bold it looks like you are damning the Texans.

If you do not know the guy and have never met him would you put a decal on your helmet if you were not a Redskin? I have to much respect for people to do something that is fake and disingenuous? So the players that played at U M can put stickers on their helmets and the Redskins can to so then it adds more weight to it and makes it a true sincere statement versus some crap the NFL told players they had to do.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I think thats the one. Those were team mates of his. We are too classy for irt to be anything else.

18. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Honestly I am NOT a great fan of mandatory honoring. It takes the symbolism and meaning out of it. I don't care whether it's PC or not, but I'll rather have 3 true friends show up for my funeral than 500 people who really did not care, but feels obliged to wave the flag because the alternative is considered bad.

Let the players that feels like honoring (as in, the ones who knew him?) do it, but stop imposing your morals and norms on other people. You'll get either pissy or shallow people.

Goldensilence likes this.
  19. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

That's very true Malloy!

20. Hook'er

Hook'er Veteran

Like I said before, I'm not damning the Texans. I'm here till the end, I was just wondering why our Texans were the only team to not have the stickers?:texflag: