Chronicle reporting Schaub hurting, probably out vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nunusguy, Oct 30, 2007.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"I didn't see the hit, but if it was dirty, maybe we should have a dirty hit on their quarterback and all chip in to pay the fine. We just don't have that mentality, and maybe we should get it. It is old school. And that's how football should be played."
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5256370.html
    N.D. Kalu has the right idea, even though Kubiak says the team doesn't or shouldn't play that way.
    It's really like the countrys policy on torturing terrorists. Of course you don't do it, officially. But off the record, in reality you do what you need to do.

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Then do something about it!!!

Ya think?!?!

3. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Been telling ya to get that buck eighty five out there on the field, Bill! :bat: :)

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Well .... we'd have to get an interception or fumble first .

i guess we could blitz a db but it could only be Dunta . The way the others hit it would'nt be a cheap shot cause I don't think they'd knock Rivers down .

Of course by getting even , we would'nt get the sportsmanship award . :heart:

5. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Here's an old-school idea....

Send D-Rob on a CB blitz the same way the Steelers used to send Rod Woodsonagainst the Oilers. Moon would always get knocked senseless and our passing game would suffer.

....or Kalu could have just taken a shot at Rivers back when he had the chance.

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I am not concerned about the retaliation for the Schaub hit because in the course of a return there is a lot of stuff going on and most players didn't see it as it happened.

This is what I am concern with:

Gary Kubiak Can't Say Conc..., Concuss..., Describes Matt Schaub as 'Dinged'

Chronicle calls it a concussion. Kubiak won't characterize it.

If you can't trust them to be straightforward about this, what sort of injury will they be straightforward with? Is there a medical privacy reason for not revealing this?

7. Texan_Bill

Kubiak doesn't have to characterize it, because I know a bruised brain when I see one.....

8. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I'm about 99.9% sure that part of the NFLPA deal waives medical privacy. Our team just seems to play games with announcing injuries.

9. Texans_Chick

I tried to look into this and all I found was this:

link

10. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

It may sound wrong...but I would have sent N.D. or Shantee or one of these backup DEs that can generate some speed to come off the edge and late hit blind side Rivers right in the earhole. Then I would have had my DE walk over to the San Diego sideline and start pointing at Florence while bouncing and shaking his head up and down. Then I would have my whole defense start jumping on him and congratulating him, almost as if our defense had gotten an interception or recovered a fumble. Mass celebration: chest bumping and high fives all around. Probably would have resulted in an ejection, but nobody would have missed that message, I can tell you that.

Topher likes this.
  11. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

My read on the unwillingness to use the C word is, once you label a player as having had a concussion, they come under intense scrutiny about being able to play.

I know many of you have been frustrated by lack of forthcoming on the part of the Texans, but I think this one may fall in a different category.

There is so much pressure now about head injuries from the press and the league, I wonder if the Texans are trying to avoid the "concussion" label.

I'm not trying to defend the stance necessarily - just explain it.

12. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Is culpepper still starting for the Raiders...and do they still have an OL that rivals ours as the worst in the league. I think our players are getting pissed off and are going to come after Oakland. Our team is getting embarassed out there and I can tell our players are starting to get really upset.

I don't know if we win against oakland...I sure hope so. But I think our team players with more of a fire than it has. That in itself is a moral victory.

And I agree with TC on this...after Schaub threw the interception, all our players were looking for the ball/guy...I don't think our guys saw Schaub get hit like that because he was behind everybody...If they did I would think they would have started a HUGE fight. I almost wish we would have had a big brawl and I don't normally promote fighting. It would have built some team commraderie (sp?)

13. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Isn't Shanny the weasel always shady on his injuries as well? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

I've never gotten the mindgames these folks play with injury reports.

14. Texan_Bill

Even if that were true (players reacting to the interception returner and not seeing the initial hit on Schaub), I am sure that the hit was shown on the replay and certainly coaches up in the box saw it and could relay it down to the field...

15. TexansSeminole

Has anybody noticed how that is the second player on our defense to say that we are "too nice"?

16. Texan_Bill

[​IMG]

The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man, thinks we are too soft....!!

17. Texans_Chick

I am sure that in SD they wouldn't replay a hit on the QB in the stadium. They followed the ball carrier.

Even after the game, Kubiak said he wanted to look at the tape.

Stuff on the field looks different than when you are watching the game on TV. That's why I always TiVO games that I was at, unless I goon and forget.

18. TexansSeminole

Not alot of things worse than a soft football team. Or a team coached to be soft.

19. Texan_Bill

Of course Kubiak wanted to look at the tape after the game - thats as cliche as Craig Biggio saying "we wanted to do this 'for the fans'" - but dont think for a second that the coaches in the box, didnt see it and I know that someone on the sideline saw it...

If anything, the television softens the blow compared to at field level.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I think on the official injury report, Kubiak is listing Schaub's injury as a "bobo".

TEXANRED and IlliniJen like this.