Chronic: Texans' Davis taking it slow after knee surgery

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans34Life, May 19, 2006.

1. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3874260.html

----------------------------------------

2. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Hmmm. The running back coach is the same as last year-Chick Harris.

And at least last year when I heard Harris speak and show game film, he is not coaching that the RBs are supposed to dance around in the backfield. In fact, last year, he was saying the same thing that Kubiak is saying--that with the zone blocking, the RB is supposed to get one cut and go downfield.

Early in the year--its hard to break that instinct, I guess.

3. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

If his knee was really completely healed and they are worried about him aggravating the knee in practice, how is his knee supposed to hold up for a full season wihtout getting aggravated? I understand being cautious about an injury, but the coaches are either being overly cautious or there is something really wrong with his knee. It's been 5 months since the surgery now and he is just now starting to run? :confused:

4. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

I think his knee has been bad for years and Capers had him play on it. Sounds like the new crew want to give him a chance to be totally healthy.

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Too bad after last year he is still inexperienced. One more guy that should have gotten more playing time.

That "told a few different things" = better coaching. I hope.

6. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

I wouldnt mind seeing Vernand Morency get a start or 2, but lets hope DD can get back healthy and show the NFL what he can do with a good o-line

7. TexanBorn51

TexanBorn51 Veteran

Patience is a virtue and IMO let the knee heal awhile after all we still got him for the season no turning back now. But what I really see as an advantage now in practice camp to this is that the time, practice, and focusing is on the other running backs to get with the system. Here you have Morency, Smith, Lundy, Cook, Hill, Weaver, and Damien Rhodes. Wow lots of running backs lots of new names now is there time to see where the shine is.

8. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

It's just mini-camp.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I agree. This should help the new guys get the reps they need in practice and perhaps in preseason games as well. As a 3rd string RB, Morency needs more reps if he wants to show he can play in this league, and show the coaches he is worthy of the #2 spot.

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Sorry. I thought I only posted once.

11. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I think the surprise of the group will be Lundy. Not flashy like Davis, but has been running the scheme well for some time in college and has a nose for the end zone. He is a low to the ground type of guy who will flurish in Kubiak's scheme.

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I've got a bad feeling about this "healed" injury...

13. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Exactly. If his knee is fully healed like the article said and they are worried about the knee in mini camp, what's going to happen during the regular season? Either the knee is not healed or it's damaged more than we know.

14. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Exactly. If his knee is fully healed like the article said and they are worried about the knee in mini camp, what's going to happen during the regular season? Either the knee is not healed or it's damaged more than we know.

15. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

16. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

18. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

19. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame