Chron on Cush

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MarioWrecksIt, Oct 1, 2010.

1. This article gave me chills. Only 9 Days!!!

Link

2. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

We can only hope...

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I guess we'll see a few personal fouls against him next Sunday..............I'm cool with that and I reckon Eli's ecstatic.

4. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

[​IMG]

My wife says I've got a full on man crush for Cushing. While I disagree, I can't wait to see him split some heads against the Giants.

5. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I am SO ready for the Cush to come back!!!

6. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

More than anything, I hope his attitude is infectious. Even if he's not the same player physically, his hunger/football mentality should help motivate the rest of the defense

7. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Wow, Jerome Soloman hasn't been that bad lately. But, reading what Cushing is doing, I can't wait to see him back on the field. Him just being in the locker room will change the attitude of the team.

8. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

she says that probably only because she does too.

9. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. I really think he has a huge effects on the overall attitude of the defense and he had that effect as a rookie. With a year under his belt I think he'll command even more respect, be even more outspoken and have a more contagious personality.

....at least that's what I am hoping based on no insider information what-so-ever

10. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i dont want to steer the thread off course, but this is why i have a hard time with cushing's failed test. the failed test came before last season and despite being tested more than regularly since then, he's gotten bigger and faster and stronger. you dont have that much discipline and decide to risk it for unnecessary aid and i'm positive he hasnt as a pro.

i say this right now, cushing's 1 - going to put a hurtin on somebody (a whole lot of somebodies). and 2 - in twelve games will statistically destroy every other texan. he's the best cover anything (zone, man, mid, whatever) on the texans which is actually kinda sad, second only to mario as a pass rusher, second only to demeco in run support, the only linebacker we have who can play on the line both as DE and 43 over, and the leader in turnovers (6 last season).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    drewmar74 likes this.
  11. TexansForTheW

TexansForTheW Veteran

Cush is working harder than ever. I guess that over trained athlete syndrome will be coming up:/. Cush why did you have to be so bad at lying.

12. Number19

Number19 Hall of Fame

I'm sure he's documenting medical examinations and testing for this possibility.

13. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

He should be, have an independant lab check blood and urine a few times a week, that way he'll be able to provide many more details to the NFL if the problem should arise again...

14. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

According to Solomon's article, he's been tested twice since his suspension. There is no mention of the results.

15. I'm sure if he tested positive for anything we would have heard about it. I don't know all of the protocol for NFL drug testing but I wouldn't think there would be an option to appeal if you test positive during a suspension.

16. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

First, I'm certainly not suggesting that he did fail it, but I wouldn't know the time frame for the results either way. I imagine the NFL appeals process is pretty thorough so even if a test came back negative and he appealed it, it probably wouldn't become public until the appeals process ran it's course. If it's true that his body is generating hCG naturally it's always going to be a possibility.

17. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I agree, and given that whoopin' Dallas put on us, we need that attitude bad.

18. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

Chron on Cush.....

sounds like a cheech and chong movie

19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Giants will be a good team to come back against. Hopefully entire team will be up after crushing Oakland. I think Pollard will see a comrade in violence and be extra pumped if that is possible. Hope the flags don't hurt us cause there will be some.

20. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I pray to the football gods that the return of The House Of Pain is in our future. :ninja: