Chris Palmer and Billy Miller on 790am in the 8 o'clock hour

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

2. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Vinn,

I missed the first 8 minutes. Do they save the show? Can I go back and listen to it somehow?

3. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Most interesting thing so far is that Palmer lays the Offense at the doorstep of Capers...he's (Palmer) only doing the offense that Capers asks for.

4. Vinny

I'm not sure if they archive their shows. Palmer's interview is over but Miller has yet to come on. I think Miller will be live.

5. Vinny

Palmer's offense was wide open in Jacksonville. We no doubt run with Capers style ball.

6. Texans Pride

I noticed that too....He made it very clear that he runs the offense the way Capers wants him too.

7. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

Thx for the link Vinny. Seems like Palmer was very defensive about the "conservative offense" remark.

8. Texans Pride

Vinn, I didn't know that they streamed. Do they have specific times that they have Texans radio? I'd love to be able to listen in when they talk Texan talk

9. disaacks3

It came across as not too 'trusting' of his players... IMO, his repeated comments of doing what "we think will be best for them" sounds a lot like "we don't trust them to execute anything else".

In that, he might be right, but it does sound like they've been 'holding them back' somewhat.

10. Boris

Boris All Pro

certainly he's aware of the criticisms being made & IMO its a prudent way to give perspective.

there's the Marts school of aggressive offense & Capers' style on the other end. Every fan has a preference.......mine is for ball control bruising RB style. Given Capers' philosophy why would he seek out Palmer & additionally why would Palmer accept the position? seems he would still have been assured another NFL coaching position...... so what gives?

11. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

wow, they had Billy Miller on the radio to talk about basketball...

12. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Kind of a waste of interview time if you ask me...

1st question: Do you want the ball more?

*Cut to basketball talk*

Oh well, I liked the Palmer interview...He seemed to place the blame of poor execution, much like Capers usually does...

13. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

I agree. They talk about Miller getting the ball more for like 1 min, then they talk about the Lakers (like anyone in Houston cares).

14. disaacks3

Yep, the Billy Miller "interview" gave me great insight into how Billy REALLY feels about the Lakers....unfortunately, I couldn't care less about the Lakers.

15. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

hmm that interview was so educational...... :cool:

16. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

The Palmer interview was interesting but the Billy Miller "interview" was a waste of time. This offseason crap is driving me insane! :brickwall

17. Texans Pride

Why even have him on? That seems like such a waste of time to have talking about another sport, and only asking one about the sport he plays. . . .LAME!!!! :brickwall

18. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

I waited like 15 mins to hear what Billy had to say, just 2 be dissapointed and annoyed by the LA Fakers talk.

19. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like Miller contributed as much to the radio show as he did for the offense in the 2004 season.

20. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Capers is absolutely not a conservative coach !! He simply believes in running the ball effectively and often. His gameday philosophy is not different than Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells, John Fox, and others. Using the running game as a primary threat in an offense doesn't have to be vanilla (Carolina in '03, Pittsburgh '04, lots of Denver teams, any Dan Henning coordinated teams) and it can be very effective (the list is too long)...

Capers likes to take risks. He tries fake field goals at peculiar times. He often goes for it on 4th down (Jacksonville '03). He loves to blitz and gamble on defense. I think the Jimmy Johnson comparison is very accurate. Jimmy constantly reigned in Norv Turner's offensive playcalling- demanding that Emmitt pound the ball. However, at the same time, he invented the 3rd quarter surprise onside kick and loved to take calculated risks like that.

Please everyone who is calling Capers conservative stop it! He believes in running the ball (thank god!) and it is up to Palmer to utilize his offensive talents within Capers philosophy to create a successful offense. If he's not up to that challenge, then he should step aside.