Chris Houston

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by amazingandre, Mar 29, 2007.

1. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

On nflta they said he is now a top 10 player.....mike mayock thinks he is the BEST press coverage in the draft.....will start from day one.....says leon hall does everything ok but nothing great....and gives up inside leaverage....but houston doesnt have as good of ball skills.....what would you guys think of us goin with houston??????i like the idea....ive seen film where he has shut down some of the better receivers in college....thats what we need....esp against teams like colts we need to press more....

2. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

can someone move this into the draft forum plz i messd up!!!!:wheel:

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I would love for us to drop down a few spots if possible and maybe get a 2nd round pick in the process. then take the best DB available in Nelson, Hall, Houston, Revis.

I have no problem with any of these guys....or okoye, carriker, anderson, brown.....lol.

4. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

I want houston just cause his name (im sure this has been said). That is one jersey that can last a long time and never be outdated.

5. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I would be thrilled if we got Houston or Revis in the first. We may be able to trade back slightly, say to Carolina, but not much.

6. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

trade back, receive a 2nd rounder

1 Revis/Houston/Hall CB
    2 Abiamiri DE
    3 Hill/Smith/Taylor/Williams/McKnight...pretty much Best WR Available
    4 Paul Soliai DT
    5 Roderick Rogers FS

defense is set with pass rush, top 3 corner in the draft, space eater in the middle, and a solid safety (dunta and one of the CB's drafted should help him out)

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

That's a really good mock. I hope it works out that way.

8. redkoolaid

redkoolaid Rookie

I dont care what anyone says...

Houston >> Hall..

As a matter of fact I wouldnt mind trading down, in order to pick him up, and recoup a 2nd round pick..

9. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

if you take out mcknight out of the WR picture since his nickname in the pros will be mcdrop i'm fine with everything you got...however everything i've been hearing in the papers, other mocks, radio, and anywhere is pretty much saying that we're going to go offense with the first pick...which is ok...a lot of people around the league feel that we're going to be targetting levi brown or dwayne jarrett...i can see positives of both...but i'm a defensive guy...personally i want landry...but i doubt we'll be able to get him at the 10th spot...next on my list is reggie nelson via trade down...then i go to the corners...then to the DE's...but i could definetly live with your mock

10. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

For some reason I'm just not sold on Chris Houston....has the tools but this guy was burned quite a few times and also got tagged for numerous past interference calls in 06...I get the feeling his stock rose due to his combine efforts which some have said was mostly because he is a gym rat...

11. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

Really, Who did he get burned by? Every game against the elites he shut them down. His stock was already late 1st early 2nd before the combine. The combine helped solidify the draft position.

12. texansturningthecorner

texansturningthecorner Rookie

really like any of those outcomes totally agree :laughjump:

13. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

Yeah if he takes #32, then I already have his jersey. From when the first jerseys came out before we had any players. They put HOUSTON #32 (being the 32nd franchise):yahoo:

14. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

The shutdowns against the elite I'd say were 50/50....teams generally didn't throw his way so thats a plus for him...but for instance I remember watching the Tenn game and Meachum was only thrown at about 6 times and he had 4 catches and 1 a TD...The LSU game Bowe still had almost 70 yds on just a few catches..not to mention the 1st game of the year, sure Jarrett only had 35 yds receiving but USC torched them so bad in every aspect I don't think its warranting mentioning any defensive effort...He also gave up TDs to Wis, Bama, Miss St and SoCar...Houston is fast and can lift weights, but somehow I think he needed more experience but his stock is soaring and I hope if he becomes a Texan my gut will be dead wrong (which is has been known to be especially at Texas Hold'em)

15. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Wanna join my "Doesn't matter who we take in the first because he'll be an upgrade over last year's starter" Club?

16. Il_Bruno

Il_Bruno Veteran

I like Houston partly because he went to my HS. He's as strong as they come at corner but is still only average against the run. With all that strength and speed its hard to see him not panning out to be at least a quality #2 corner.

17. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Hilarious and a good post, if they did draft houston I would go out and buy his Jersey the next day, just for that reason.

Ok all kidding a side, I am sure some of yall know how much of a ND guy I am but some dont. I have seen Hall play a lot and I think he is a good player but honestly I do not think there is much upside to him. where as Houston is about on par with him but I honestly believe that there is a lot of upside to him. He messes up on a lot of plays but because of his ability he over comes them.

Of course I do not know much about revis except what I have read which is a shame.