Chris Houston - CB - Ark

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Trenches, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Trenches

Trenches Veteran

Another one of my boys from Ark that declared. We need a CB and there is an outside chance he is there at the top of the 3rd round. This guy is a TRUE freak. How many CB's have you heard that bench 450lbs? He was one of the top 3 strongest guys on the team. He also has great speed. Check out what he did to Dewayne Jarrett in week 1. Held him to his lowest game of the year. Ark plays strick man-to-man and Houston uses his strength at the line well.

The more I think about it, after his combine showing, he may move into the 2nd round.

I like the thought of another physical presence in the secondary.

2. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

I dont like most of what you say, but you are right on this one. Chris Houston is a very good player. Depending on his combine he may be able to sneak into the first. Bottomline is the kid plays straight man and will get after any WR. Yeah he gets beat, but he is better than most of the DBs on our team cept Dunta of course. If we get him in the third I will consider it a major steal.

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

while still rating Leon Hall as his top cb, Mike Mayock (Draft Analyst for NFL Network) is looking for Chris Houston to rocket up the draft board similar to what Dunta Robinson did when the Texans selected him #10 overall. could go as high as #12 to Buffalo with outstanding combine- with great speed (sub 4.4 forty) & strength for the position (bench pressing 24-28 times).

4. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

THis is where I think our #8 pick starts getting interesting. Showing interest in a certain player may make people like Buffalo holler at us.

5. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

lol @ 3rd round. could be the first corner taken, top 12 even. meanwhile, leon hall is reported to be in the 4.5 range now. look at him in the second.

6. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

I am in a mock on another site and I picked up Houston with our 2nd round pick after getting Peterson in the first...I think I would wet myself if that actually happened on draft day and by the sounds of some of the comments on this post, I wouldnt be alone.

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I would buy you a beer :toast2:

8. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Katsofna's draft really piqued my interest in this guy.

Is he worthy of 8???

I would love to get a true cover corner.

In terms of need CB is up there with FS and LT in my book.

9. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

I think I'll pass on this guy. I like the idea of Michael Coe or Corey Graham on the second day more than I like the idea of this guy.

10. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

We desperately need another CB, a second day guy won't cut it.

11. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Houston isn't worth #8, but if we trade back he would be a viable option for our team. He is very strong and fast. He needs to work a lot on keeping his hips low when planting and his initial cuts. If you watch the film, he appears a little stiff when trying to make the cut on the WR's. He didn't really show the willingness to gamble on a route and "jump" it, but he showed that he is very willing to go for the breakup and initiate contact.

12. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

#8 could be a bit much. there's just some really good players that will be available there and i don't see him in that group. if one of the quarterback falls to #8, and you want houston, trade down a few spots and wait for 'em.

13. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Way off subject, but is that your actual photo there Kastofsna? If so, did the shock therapy work? Just messing with ya. Kind of looks like a HS pic. I doubt anyone is ever very happy with them.

14. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

chris houston measured in at 5'9 7/8 185lbs

his height may drop him a few slots. hopefully into the 2nd. reminds me very much of dunta robinson with his size, speed, and physical play.

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

16. YoungTexanFan

Duanta is a twig compared to Houston. Houston can put up 400+ on bench. His height is a little disappointing though. I was hoping for like 5'11-6'0

17. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

I still have Coe coming to us in the 4th round. FS is a bigger need than CB for us..that's just one reason I don't like us to go after a 'top' rated corner or Clements in FA.

18. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

well if we can get a top cover corner like clements or houston, we could get away with CC at safety. it wouldnt be ideal, but it would still be better than faggins out there, who cant cover worth squat and has no recovery speed.

19. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

don't get me started on C.C. Brown. i can't see how anyone can make a case for this guy to be a starter. i personally think he's hit his ceiling. he makes wayyyy to many mistakes during the course of a game. Landry all the way at #8. It makes too much sense.

20. YoungTexanFan

I knew I couldn't be the only one who saw Faggins for the joke he is. However, I tend to get riled up on that subject, so I'll leave it be.