Chris Berman: A Texan?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mexican_texan, Nov 7, 2005.

1. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Is the second-most* annoying guy in ESPN a Texans fan? I remember seeing him depressed in that GB last year and did not show highlights, he just showed someone giving away kids books or something. And, I never recall him dissing the Texans when everyone else was.

*smoothastheothersideofdapillow scott

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

As an elder statesman for ESPN, maybe he just has a little more class.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Rumblin' Bumblin' Stumblin' Berman?

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

heh-heh, I actually like Berman. A little over the top, but I don't think NFL Primetime would be what it is without his personality.

Maybe he's just a fan of underdogs. Without a winning season in franchise history, there is no doubt the the Texans are the NFL's underdog. ;)

5. Runner

Sure, he can entertain you without going for the cheap, easy laugh of kicking a team while it's down. That can be defined as a classy, in a sports world kind of way.

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Berman has always been fond of Dom Capers. Dom's one of the NFL's all time good guys.

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

"Berman has always been fond of Dom Capers. Dom's one of the NFL's all time good guys." -- vinny

-----------------------------

Yeah, and a glass of warm milk and some cookies on a rainy Sunday afternoon make me all fuzzy on the inside, too...but come on.

Dom being a class guy was great for the first couple years of our team's existence. It set the tone for us in terms of the Texans being a "class" organization. But when the professor starts coming to class in his underwear and eats the goldfish out of the class aquarium...it's time to move on.

I would hire the crew from The Longest Yard right now.

(...which is pathetic to think I'd sell my soul for a consistently contending team, huh?)

8. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

cmon the longest yard wasn't even consistently funny -- at least with Dom coaching the Texans the message board is!!:sarcasm:

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Nothing at all wrong with class and being good people. I admire good people myself.

10. GP

GP Go Texans!

Class without results is a "good feeling," but point me to where anybody ever won anything by being grandfatherly without the skills to win?

John Wooden comes to mind, but that guy is just in a completely other world than the rest of the poeple on this earth. Closest thing to the balance of class and raw, killer instinct.

I agree that class is important. I just think Dommy's got too much class and not enough shark in him.

Then again, you look at Del Rio and it's the opposite (IMO). What a contrast.

11. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

where in anyones post did anyone say that being a good guy should come with winning or anything of that nature.. the point was that Berman isnt rippin on Houston, because he respects Dom. Football at the end of the day is still just a game, whether Dom is a good coach or not, he is still a stand up human being

12. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

Wait Berman #2 most annoying? Dude... when he does that lil curly "whoop" sound with every little juke move... I just want someone to hit him in the face with a aluminum bat. He has to be the most annoying hands down..

With Kenny Mayne's retarded I think im funny but make no sense sketch comedy skits coming in at #2..

But He has to exhibit class because he is the senior NFL Analyst not to mention he sets everyone else up to bash the teams.. He never pick sides in anything he always poses the questions.

13. Cincinnatikid

Cincinnatikid Veteran

How can you hate kenny mayne? Did you never watch his long interviews on sports center? When he tried out for a ball boy at the us open was the funniest report ive ever seen.

14. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Bobby Bowden wins many games and he is "grandfatherly". It can be done, but it is rare.

15. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

berman and kenny are my favorite guys. kenny has a different type of humor only certain people can admire i guess. i like bermans highlights and the fact that he does follow teams and is sincere when he isnt doing highlights. i would believe berman over "mr. im a steak"

and its "as cool as the other side of the pillow" - stu is pretty annoying to me. and his eye just trips me out.

16. jgl35

jgl35 Site Contributor

Joe Pa at Penn State has done it for years.

17. metalmike

metalmike Veteran

Quite Frankly Stephen A. Smith is the most annoying human on the face of this earth.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  18. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Be quiet, Clone. Jim Rome has Smith beaten by a mile.

19. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

John Madden has them ALL beat by miles. But Smith is more annoying than Rome.

20. Runner

Dick Vitale's got to be in the running, and he's not trying to be annoying.