Chomp Chomp Chomp

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Joe Texan, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Yep thats me chomping on the crow over Sage being better than Matt. If we get the production from Matt for the remainder of theis season like we got saturday night then he hands down deserves the starting job. I know I was all in Sages corner but Matt just took it to the bank and deposited a gem.
    So if all you I told you so's need to pile on me as I enjoy the crow feathers and all, then here ya go, let me have it.

Hervoyel likes this.
  2. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

If we get production from Matt this season like we did Saturday then he will be deserving a Pro Bowl to go along with his starting job....Sorry may be getting a little ahead of myself there. lol.

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I think Matt is better than Sage. But lets not forget the Saints had the 32 ranked pass defense last season

4. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

I believe we ALL have had to eat crow at some point in time rooting for the Texans. :texflag: :shades:

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

True dat......

I won't be able to watch the game, till I get home tonight. So I still haven't seen Matt do anything that would make him "special".

I never said Sage was better than Matt...... only that they were both good enough to get the job done. I hope Matt does separate himself in 2008.

6. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Its ok...thats why Kubiak is the coach and you are not..lol. I always liked Schaub since seeing him play at UVA. The guy is heady and laid back. He doesn't have the strongest arm but if Andre/Andre/Walter like him...then I love him. :fans:

7. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

NEVER! NOT ME..lol

8. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

itys!

9. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Not me!

Although I did support Da .... :thinking:

aw...never mind. :redface:

Pass the salt and pepper.

:coffee:

10. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Greenwood has made me eat crow a few times. He's also made me spit it back out, I wish he would make up his mind.

11. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

Was it me or does Greenwood look very fat and very slow now?

12. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

That 'name we shall not mention'...me too!

err...uhmmm, would you pass that when you're done Cup!

13. Mr PC

Mr PC Hall of Fame

I have seen many posts similar to this, all because one preseason performance. Schaub did look good vs the Saints playing the "lets throw at Jason David" game. But now everybody is jumping on his nuts because of one preseason game? If Sage happened to look better than Matt, the first thing I would expect to hear is "its just a preseason game." Now people are talking about Matt as a top 5 QB and comparing him to Tom Brady because he had a good preseason game.

14. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Shun the non-believer!!!

Hahaha jk

15. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

I'm surprised crow isn't on the endangered species list thanks to Mario Williams!

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think you need to define "everybody"

17. Hooston Texan

Hooston Texan All Pro

If Matt produces in every game like he did against the Saints . . . he'll be the greatest QB who ever played. Nobody goes 14-for-16, 183, 2td's all the time (actually, it was 14-for-14 not counting Davis's drop and the throwaway Matt was forced in to when the screen pass was foiled), so I hope that's not the bar you are setting for what Matt has to do to definitively justify the trade and starting over Sage.

As a longtime, long-suffering UVA fan, I like to think of myself as the driver of the Matt Schaub bandwagon. I've been sold on his play since 2002. But what remains to be seen is whether he can survive an NFL season. At some point, the guy who can play all the time should start over the superior but physically-questionable player. Continuity is very important. Yes, the hits that hurt Schaub (apart from the Odom sack) were highly illegal, but we know that gutter-thugs like Albert Haynesworth and Drayton Florence would gladly give the 15 yards to knock Matt out again. Defensive coordinators everywhere would be greatful if they did.

Believe me, when it is time for the doubters to eat their bad-trade/start-Sage crow, I'll be the waiter. But I'm not sure dinner is served quite yet.

18. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Rep to anyone who admits to being wrong. One game doesn't prove it but that was a heck of a game.

19. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

I'll wait to call judgement until after the Girls game. If Schaub does separate himself, I still believe that Sage can pick up where Schaub leaves off if he gets injured later in the season. One thing not to forget (no seems to forget this in the hot RB competition discussions), when trying to judge the better of 2 players, you need to also factor in their ability to stay on the field. That ability can offset some minor deficiencies amongst players.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Can't wait to see it:scarygirl: