Chiefs versus Texans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/03/chiefs_vs_texans__game_1/

first preview

2. JohnsonFan

JohnsonFan All Pro

thanks, i am not nervous

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Jeez, I didn't realize how good their defense is. Thats a pretty impressive unit overall

4. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

The way it's written makes them seem that much better. I could easily substitute Chiefs players with Texans players on that list and it would work well enough (other than the safeties party).

We will see.

5. HersheyBar

HersheyBar Veteran

The D only got better. We got rid of some dead weight and the middle is solid as a rock. LB are the best in the league. Look at the depth Chart. With the loss of JA Taylor is going to have to pick it up a notch and has had an outstanding preseason. The D could be responsible for 3 to 10 points if this happens you might as well move on to the next game

This though is more of a team of Marty ball. Not bragging about our Offense. Herm is very concervative and Solori our OC is an *****. For what ever reason Huard and the Offense jelled last year. The poor outing in the preseason is nothing to worry about as he had the exact same preseaon last year.

Chiefs 13 - 10 Texans.

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Texans 23
    Chiefs 13

heard it here first :0

7. HersheyBar

HersheyBar Veteran

Yes we did. I will be the first to eat some BBQ CROW if you all do win. On the other hand I have been told we serve some very nice BBQ CROW KC style. I might have to ask for a catering service if we do win. There seems to be a lot of you all. LOL

8. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

If you have someone that can run the ball and chew clock, it helps your defense because they aren't on the field as long.

It would be nice if the Texans could put up some early points.

9. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

Two words... Jones and Mathis... special teams is going to have to be huge this game.

10. HersheyBar

HersheyBar Veteran

If that happen the Chiefs are in trouble, if we get the coin toss and keep your offense off the field you all may be in trouble. Either way it is going to be a good game I am sure of it.

ChiefChick likes this.
  11. HersheyBar

HersheyBar Veteran

We have a great punter, and who know who we will have before the week is out for a kicker. Time will tell but if I am the Chiefs I kick it out of bounds on Punts, and squib it or onside the kick offs. Can't be any worse?

12. jaybird

jaybird Veteran

That would be the smart move. Jones has some serious speed... and Mathis is no slouch either. Both are great returners.

13. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

33-21. Matt Turk recieves the game ball and the chick.

14. HersheyBar

HersheyBar Veteran

That is what I hear. If they are not touching the ball it can only be a plus for the Chiefs

15. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

I seriously think the key for the Texans will be scoring early and minimizing Larry Johnson's input. If KC is forced to throw too much their glaring weakness will lose the game for them. Their offense both scheme wise and personnel wise is limited by a less than adequate O-line. My main question is will their O-line be able to make the holes for LJ to exploit? I think if we are to be successful on offense we will need Ron Dayne to soften up the defense in the early going.

16. HersheyBar

HersheyBar Veteran

Well the OL just got a shot in the arm. MacIntosh will start. He practiced today and was very impressive coach Herm pronouced him the starter at LT. He is especially good at run blocking. Passing game might surprise you. There are players you have not even seen yet. The D is very impressive. We can score and if that happens on D it will be a long day for the Texans. I agree with you about the TX's scoring early though. It would be a huge advantage.

17. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Put the link to your normal board and I'll be sure to come by and take a few bites of crow.

Fair's far.

18. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

This game's going to be a tough one, no doubt. KC has a very strong defense and a very good running game. If we can limit the turnovers and get a consistent pass rush on Huard it's game, set, match. LJ's going to do his thing, no doubt about it, but even he can't win this game by himself. Home field advantage, Matt Schaub at QB, defense swarming to the ball.....
    Chiefs 14
    Texans 27

19. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

OH and I forgot to mention, I live in the KC area, know all about the "Passing game" and O-line situation.

20. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

Texans 27
    KC 10

LJ will bust a big one and set up a TD and that rookie kicker they have will go 1-2 and as far as the Texans go I see 2 to's on D that results in 10 points and Matt to AJ for one TD and Green for another add one more Brown FG late to make it a three score game.