Chiefs 'Dreadful' Sunday Defeat

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by JustBonee, Sep 30, 2004.

1. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/09/26/another_dreadful_sunday/

Biggest HURT ever! Man! .... from above article

"But there wasn’t a loss, even in that 6-10 season of 2001, that hurt as much as what happened to the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium against the Houston Texans."
    "And, make no mistake the Chiefs are a good football team. They just are not a good team right now. Lose to the Broncos in Denver; that’s understandable. Lose to a team that made the Super Bowl last year, that’s hardly an upset.

But lose to a 0-2 Houston team that’s just in its third season of existence? And, drop that game at home, with a crowd that was revved up and as helpful as any group Arrowhead has seen in some time? There’s no way to easily explain what’s happened to this football team."

It will be nice when the day comes, that losing to the Texans, isn't the lowest thing in the universe that can happen to another NFL team. Waiting for the day when losing to us can be understandable too.

2. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

Sassy...I actually don't mind those type of comments. It is helping us fly under the radar so to speak...I admit that it is a bit hurtful to the pride but I think this might be last season we have to "surprise" people. I suspect our boys in blue will be getting the respect that they deserve by the end of the season.

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

For some reason, this seemed like an appropriate bump.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I bet losing to us last year hurt even worse than it did the 2nd or 3rd years. Losing to us the first year was probably the worst for teams. If the Texans ever lost to an expansion team, I'd be mad/disappointed also.