Chester Pitts,,,

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CT CSTM, Mar 4, 2010.

1. CT CSTM

CT CSTM Rookie

left Reliant for the last time today,,,as of midnight tonight he is no longer a Houston Texan. He stopped by the shop this evening with his trunk full of "8 years of stuff",,,even though the FO has been telling him this whole time that they'd give him a deal,,,,,"we'll take care of you",,,,"we want you back",,,"we're not going to let you go",,,"we don't want you in another uniform" don't ya think that they'd at least make an effort to say some kind or reassuring words to him as he left the stadium today? Hell no,,,he told alot of the people that he would deal with day to day good bye but he said the "powers to be" had nothing to say to him or made no effort to tell him a simple "Thanks",,,

He's been cleared from his injury and will miss no time at camp. He's rehabbed harder and more dedicated than anyone that has been injured like this before and according to him "Tomorrow morning when I wake up,,,,I'll no longer be a Houston Texan",,,you know it has to be a pretty sinking feeling for him after being one of the faces of the franchise since its inception and a corner stone in the locker room.

2. False Start

False Start On # 69

No Way! This is truly a sad day in Texans history. :(

For me anyways.

3. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Thank you Chester for all that you have done for this ball club, I wish you nothing but the best. Thank you for being a Texan. Truly a sad day.

4. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

It was expected[that he was gone]. Good luck to CP where ever he ends up.

5. False Start

False Start On # 69

I had a feeling he was gonna be let go, but I was hoping it wouldn't happen. I just like him as a person, and his hard work he put in while he was with this team. Good luck to him wherever he lands up. :texflag:

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Hey ... we have Studdard .

On second thought , I blame Chester's Dad for not having played with Kubiak .

7. BigTimeTexanFan

BigTimeTexanFan All Pro

An original player, sad to see him go.

Good Luck!

8. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Any chance the Texans will still try to sign him, in free agency?

9. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

that's to bad. But, there is still a chance they could bring him back. You never know what happens. I wish him luck, he's a good guy.

10. GP

GP Go Texans!

Out of respect for not knowing how much was attempted, on the side of the Texans ownership and management, I will refrain from siding with Chester and thereby blasting the owner and Texans front office.

I will say this: Chester was probably one of the more valuable pieces of the franchise's past history. Out of all the guys on the team, he was able to hang on to the very end and be out there as a true contributor.

Offensive line has now been placed front and center, without a doubt, as maybe THE area of concentration for either free agency and/or the draft.

Will this impact the Kevin Walter situation? Rick Smith said he can't keep everybody. Well, now you lost a part of the offensive line. So if you go the route of free agency to replace Pitts, do you sacrifice Walter in order to use that money for Chester's replacement? Or does Smithiak promote a current player into Pitts' position and draft for depth behind the new starter?

Lots of maneuvering, IMO. I think we're going to have a very active free agency that'll keep things interesting from now until the draft. Just my gut feeling right now.

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

If we want him back, we need to get photos of him in a Broncos jersey and then email those to Gary.

He'll be back in Houston, fo sho.

12. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

This is one of those "jaw droppers" for me. I haven't really been following him much this offseason, but I never thought he'd be let go. I thought he was consistent and a solid piece in our O-line. I know we need to upgrade at a lot of positions for us to get to the next level, my only concern is a huge turnover where we openly cut or lose key free agents that are big contributors. I'm having flashbacks to years past where we lost some veteran players and took a HUGE step back. I'm hoping they have something great up their sleeve and we'll all look back and say "man, that was a great move!".

Regardless, good luck Chester.....you were a great ambassador for our franchise and had a contagious smile. Hope you land on your feet somewhere and are extremely successful wherever you go.

13. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I don't think anyone will want to sign him to a contract until he can pass a physical. So he may be one of those people where it takes a while before he gets a contract.

14. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Its unfortunate if he didn't get a nice heartfelt goodbye from Texans staff. That's simply professional courtesy for a guy who has put it all on the line for your team and paid his dues without reaping the reward of playing for a winner his entire NFL career thus far.

But I can't blame them for not resigning a 30+ year old OL coming off of injury. It sucks for Chester but he has played his best years on what is (hopefully) Houston's worst teams.

15. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

booom!!!! lol

16. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Pitts was my favourite Texan.
    :pissed:

17. Bull Pen 1

Bull Pen 1 Hall of Fame

Good Luck Chester.

So there is only one original Texans left on the roster and that is Kris Brown, why I don't know.

18. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Chester Pitts is a hard worker and probably the best offensive linemen we have ever had. Sad to see him go as I was hoping he would retire as a Texan.

19. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The OP has solid cred, and I do not doubt one word of what he says. The contract situation is what it is, and the business of the NFL is tough sometimes. I don't hold that against them. However, there's a right way to treat people, even in departure, and it's becoming more evident all the time that the Texans FO is full of jackasses.

I'm starting to get really pissed off at the team.

20. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I hope that's not true. Chester Pitts has been one of my favorites for years. He's probably the only guy besides Andre that played well on offense in 2005.