Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cheat sheets...... who uses them??

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Every draft guide I've looked through has a bunch of cheat sheets in them. QBs, RBs, WRs, etc......

what do I do with them??

You can probably tell from my football comentary around the board, that I don't know what I'm talking about half the time, and I make the other half up.

So chances are, I'm going about the whole FF thing all wrong. I generally get a few ADP sheets from different sites, publications, etc.... to see when I can expect certain players to go, and strategize around that.

Doing so, why would I need the cheet sheets?? I'm getting the feeling, that there's more info in them, that I just don't understand the value of.

Every draft guide I've looked through has a bunch of cheat sheets in them. QBs, RBs, WRs, etc......

what do I do with them??

You can probably tell from my football comentary around the board, that I don't know what I'm talking about half the time, and I make the other half up.

So chances are, I'm going about the whole FF thing all wrong. I generally get a few ADP sheets from different sites, publications, etc.... to see when I can expect certain players to go, and strategize around that.

Doing so, why would I need the cheet sheets?? I'm getting the feeling, that there's more info in them, that I just don't understand the value of.

I use them to mark off who is getting drafted. I also get 2-3 and compare rankings and then make my own on recent injury reports, etc. It may be overkill but it helps me feel prepared before I cuss my team :)

I generally get a few ADP sheets from different sites, publications, etc.... to see when I can expect certain players to go, and strategize around that.

That's about the best you can do, really. FF is all about putting yourself in position to be lucky, and then hoping that luck hits you. You can make educated guesses, but beyond that, it's luck. We all think LT and AP are going to be the top two guys in FF, but you just honestly never know.

So print out some ADP charts, move guys around based on your personal intuition and whatever camp info you can get, and then keep an eye on injuries and position developments. You never know when a guy like Ryan Grant or Earnest Graham is going to deliver, so be prepared to snatch guys like that off the waiver wire.

I use them to mark off who is getting drafted. I also get 2-3 and compare rankings and then make my own on recent injury reports, etc. It may be overkill but it helps me feel prepared before I cuss my team :)

This is pretty much what I have done for the past 17 yrs, and it's worked pretty well. Nice to take home the money at the end of the year!! Like Eriadoc said, pay attention to the injury list and position developments. I keep a list of rookies and watch their development. Don't know about your league, but, with mine, a good rookie will be GONE in a heartbeat, so don't sit around and ponder what to do, just snatch him up.

ABOVE ALL! Be thankful for TT!! These guys/gals will give you valuable information. I have read about an injury, suspension, etc on this board long before I've seen it in the media. Great source right here for info on FF.

I use footballguys.com and download their Draft Dominator App. The app integrates the cheat sheets and bases forecasting off of the specific leagues scoring system, draft order, starting positions, etc., that are inputted manually, which is very easy. It makes draft day extremely easy and provides more time to talk smack.

what do I do with them??

Well first thing's first is that you have to know what types of point system your league has and really understand it to come up with a strategy in drafting as to what position is the highest value position for points. Every league is different, so you have to really keep in mind what position is the most important.

Yes, cheat sheets help. What I like to do is get a list of players like someone else said and mark them off. I also like to get a list of last year's top players at each position and see how they did point wise, and speculate what they will do this year. Each round figure out who is the best player available, BUT also consider whether or not you can still get really good value at that position in the next round, and if there's a certain player available at another position that won't be in the next round you might want to consider that player for your current pick.

What I will be doing this year for most of my picks is going straight for players each round that I have no question will produce rather than make a lot of gambles on my own personal speculation. Certain guys are no brainers, and I like to make sure that I can always get guys that will give me decent points even on their worst weeks. I'd rather have steady consistent points from each player that might not be in the 20+ range, but around 10 to 15 points weekly, rather than some players who might have HUGE weeks and then off weeks off and on. Those are the types of guys that give you headaches every year, because you never know when to start them and when not to.

I hope this helps.

This is pretty much what I have done for the past 17 yrs, and it's worked pretty well. Nice to take home the money at the end of the year!! Like Eriadoc said, pay attention to the injury list and position developments. I keep a list of rookies and watch their development. Don't know about your league, but, with mine, a good rookie will be GONE in a heartbeat, so don't sit around and ponder what to do, just snatch him up.

ABOVE ALL! Be thankful for TT!! These guys/gals will give you valuable information. I have read about an injury, suspension, etc on this board long before I've seen it in the media. Great source right here for info on FF.

Yeah there are many lists that are obsolete. I'm a member at pigskinaddiction.com. I love the way they do things and their draft guide is 89 pages but it is put out in July when injuries and developments haven't happened. I also have been on TSN since 2001. I compared their rankings and cheatsheets to cbs.sportsline and some players have a 10-15 ranking discrepency. So you really have to see who is on the move and who is injured or banged up. That is why I make my own off of a combo of them.

Back