Charles Spencer wishful thinking?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by badboy, May 31, 2007.

1. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

In reality, he played very little in his pro rookie year. Why are we so optimistic over a few snaps? I include myself as I really know the need at LT. But is that all it is? Are we buying the "potential" tag that some of us hate to hear? Winston played much more but does not have the fans drooling at the mouth as does Charlie S. I mean most posts think Winston will develop into a very good player at RT but almost all I talk to think Spencer if healthy is Pro Bowl material.

2. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Basically just going off of what we saw in the short time he started. And there is a reason Kubiak was saying losing Spencer was the single worst moment of all of last season.

3. real

real Guest

Spencer earned the starting spot in pre-season and was the opening day starter....Eric Winston did not...

Spencer earned the name big nasty in training camp for the way he played....Eric earned the name caveman for the way he looked...

Spencer came in with a chip on his shoulder and wasn't going to take anything, even from Vets (as evidence of his fight with Babin)....Eric....no comment...

The guy was big, strong, agile and nasty......

Why shouldn't we be optimistic given he can fully recover ?

4. quicksilver

quicksilver Overweight

Two superior responses. I'd just add that LTs are sexier that RTs.

5. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Let me add that we have not had a guy with his talent and potential skill set on the OL in our history.