Charles Rogers, for those that had doubts

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Ihategeeks, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

Is now going to practice without the Red No Contact Jersey.
    He is officially 100% healthy and healed.

Unlike the wild predraft/postdraft rumors that something was wrong with him said.

2. Blake

Blake MMQB

Cool. Lets hope he stays healthy.

3. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Thats good for him, but now he needs to make it through a full season.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Over/Under on Rogers' shoulder blowing out: 8 games.

I'm taking the under.

5. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

If you're going to be wrong, might as well go down in flames right ?

6. And he has only 1875 yards and 7 TD's to catch up to Andre Johnson. Seriously, how rediculous is it for you to brag about Mr. Weak Bone on this board? He only 3 more TD's and 243 yards more than Kellen Winslow. :goodnight

7. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

burn. i'd also like a piece of the under.....i got even money on him not even making it the whole summer with his coaches hurling bricks at him :ouch:

8. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Games? Can we put an OVER/UNDER on him just getting OUT OF TRAINING CAMP! lol

9. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Ihategeeks, you relize how funny it is to brag about a WR not wearing a red no contact jersey right?

10. swtbound07

he is such a better player then andre johnson though...the only red jersey johnson ever gets to wear is battle red, and thats only twice a year...rogers gets to wear his red jersey 365 days a year......thus making him more priveleged? :confused:

11. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

I don't think this whole thread is that funny when we have Joppru on the bench for a 3rd straight year. I don't think Texan fans have much room to talk.

The brick has to be the dumbest/most ignorant idea I have ever heard. I hope he can make it through the season.

12. GoPats

GoPats Veteran

I think it's lost on him.

"For those that had doubts?" About what? Him making it through the offseason without missing any time? We're more than a month away from camp...

13. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

There was a reciever a few years ago named Chip Glass. Could that be Rogers dad?

14. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

yea but were not bragging bout joppru.....cause hes always hurt.

15. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Well, Rogers has made the field Joppru hasnt. Besides, there is nothing wrong with a little humor. Nobody is saying that they hope he never plays again, they are just guessing how many games he will play based on his previous seasons.

16. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

That was the funniest thing I've heard all week..... Thats only 243 yards and 3 TD's more than I've caught/scored in the NFL. Way to go Collberbone Rogers :ouch: . Not wearing the no contact jersey, hahaha. Priceless.

17. duece

duece Rookie

the theory behind this is that jerry rice's dad was a mason so jerry used to work with his dad laying bricks. the workers would throw the bricks at him and he would catch them(of course). thus making him have really strong finger tips and hands...jerry has said many times that he believes the reason he has such great hands is because of the long hours catching bricks. so coaches are trying to reciprocate this by doing it in practice hoping it helps their players to catch better....not knowing that the only way to teach the body to better at doing something is to ACTUALLY do that movement over and over again. the body will learn as well as the person......some people have the gift of catching others don't....that's why you have db's and wr's...lol...i say that in jest as i was a db(people have always said my hand were in question though..lol)

coaches are always trying to create new ways to gain an advantage and to liven up practice. i remember when i played that we used to have to catch tennis balls(making the diamond with the fingertips), the theory being that you have to concentrate much more on the tennis ball so when you go to catch a football it is much easier to catch. i didn't see the advatage but hey i made practice little more fun.

18. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

For those who had doubts ...
    About his HEALTH
    After drafting Mike Williams.

What the heck did you think I ment?

19. swtbound07

we get your point...charles rogers is temporarily healed...and while we realize this, texan fans are trying to merely reinforce to you that A) he has to stay healed for 3 more months, B) the lions coaching staff is using fun and innovative new ways to injure him and C) nobody on this particular board cares about rogers or his collarbone...except to occasionally take time out to praise the football gods about the reciever we got out of that draft. talk to us when he is 100 percent healthy in a real, brickless game. oh wait...nobody here will care about that either

20. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

There were discussions after the draft about the condition of Charles Rogers, because of the drafting of Mike Williams on this forum.

This isn't some , ooooh Charles Rogers is comming, watch out Andre Johnson . I could care less about that.

But I really enjoy reading the majority of feedback in this thread. You guys are either sensitive to the point of xenophobia, or just flat out punchy cranks.

And how is updating the status of Charles Rogers bragging? What did I brag about? Wow, that bone healed up better than any bone ever healed before, WAY TO GO CHARLES ROGERS, YOU GOT THE BESTEST CALCIUM EVER.

Someone says Mike is drafted because Rogers is hurt, I said he was fine, this is proof he is fine. Nothing else behind this thread. If you read anything else into it, you're being a * * * * *