Channel 13 needs a glass stomach

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by NastyNate, Aug 10, 2013.

1. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

...Because they can't possibly continue to function with their heads' up their own asses. This re-broadcast is abysmal, my cell phone captures better video.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I hope I never have to watch another game on that channel .... Texans games are the only occasion that I will tune into to that channel - they lost me during the last presidential election with their political bias.

3. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

They have had the Texans' preseason games since day 1, how long does it take to get this figured out?

4. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

well our rookies get their feet wet on game 1 of preseason i guess they do too

5. powda

powda Hall of Fame

The worst part was ONLY losing video and not audio. I still had to listen to Spencer "slow to, fast thru" Tillman. How can a guy with a voice that good be so hard to listen to? No ideal what the other broadcasters name is but he was just as obnoxious with his pop warner observations.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Watching Spencer wasn't easy either ... His attempt to "model" that bag was comical.

7. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

NFL network is replaying all the preseason games and they had the repaly on last night which I recorded and am watching now.

Looks like it was the Vikings announcers,but at least I'll be able to watch it.

8. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Joel Meyer I think. Guy is terrible but he fits in perfectly next to Tillman who is also terrible. I have only ever had exposure to Oilers and Texans preseason game broadcasts so I was wondering if anyone who had lived elsewhere could tell me if the team there had an equally lousy preseason crew/broadcast or if this is just a Texans thing.

I don't remember the Oiler's preseason games being this lousy but it has been a long time so maybe they were...

9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

For anyone that listened to the Kubiak Conference yesterday, you would have to ask yourself, can't they afford some better sound equipment themselves. The entire broadcast sounded like Kubiak was talking into a muffled tin can. The only clearly unmistakable sounds were those created by Kubiak tapping the podium.

10. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Yeah, at least we could watch the game, but their announcers left a lot to be desired....lol. Plus they were doing a lot of sideline interviews at precisely the wrong times (as it so happened).

Still, it was nice to see the game. :)

11. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I'm having trouble with the radar, sir.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  12. CloakNNNdagger

13. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Not that I'm generally sympathetic to the media, but I bet the local Houston media didn't appreciate much the Saturday afternoon presser after many may have got in quite late from covering the game in Minneapolis the night before. But then Kubiak is anything but media friendly.

14. CloakNNNdagger

He seemed much more curt and in a hurry to leave the podium than usual. Didn't feel like he was in a great mood for whatever reason.

15. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

Sorry to have to tell you this, but the rebroadcast isn't for you. They are rebroadcasting because all those commercials got axed/messed up by the bad feed. Now they can tell all those advertisers they gave them 2 for the price of 1 so they don't complain about paying for ads that didn't run or run clean.

16. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Veteran

wow so the re-broadcast was messed up too? thats a dam shame smh...

17. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I think their broadcats makes for a fun drinking game. Take a drink or a shot whenever they say the wrong name of a player, mispronounce a name, or screw something else up. I'm positive there are many ideas that could contribute to a fun game.

18. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

In the Oiler days, there wasn't any internet to speak of. Radio was more than acceptable. We've become spoiled by todays technology. And well we should, for what we pay.

19. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

The commercials were about the only thing we did see.

20. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Here's ABC Channel 13's telecast of Miami Dolphins @Houston Texans, for those who don't want to wait for the Saturday game...

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://www.thesidelineview.com/sites/default/files/BRRZhJqCQAAs6ob.jpg-large.jpeg[/IMG]