Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chad Ocho Cinco Released

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
That doesn't say anything about his route running ability!!!! Dude, you're making my point for me. I said that the dude has a low football IQ and that's why I wouldn't want him here. But he has always been known as a great route runner. Him not being able to remember his playbook and routes has nothing to do with his ability.
Not being able to remember a route shows a poor route runner either way you want to slice it. He couldn't do what he was asked to do. He couldn't run the routes. That's poor route running, and for the record I've never denied that he wasn't getting things well. I've just added to the fact that his physical play was an even bigger issue. Check the history of the Patriots offense in the last 6 years or so, and most of those WR's could catch onto that offense just fine. God forbid a ten year vet with several 1,000 yard seasons had to do that.

You saying that he couldn't remember his playbook or plays does nothing but reinforce everything that most people on here including myself have already been saying. But some people are too stubborn to admit such a thing apparently.
I'll be book marking this thread for about mid season when Chad isn't doing squat on the Dolphins. It will be interesting to hear what the latest spin is for why the guy isn't any good anymore from you. I'll probably just get some insults flung my way though I'm sure.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
You're saying I'm spinning things my way. I say you're spinning things your way. This is going no where because obviously we see things differently. The only thing I'll leave you with is never put words into my mouth and say I said something if you can't back it up. I told you this before, and I'll tell you again. Respect me and I'll respect you. Lying on me is not respecting me.
No, you've sat here and made a terrible argument for a WR that hasn't done jack but for one season in his last four seasons and from everything I've read from you on this, you're not that knowledgable on the guy's career.

Texn4life

All Pro
No, you've sat here and made a terrible argument for a WR that hasn't done jack but for one season in his last four seasons and from everything I've read from you on this, you're not that knowledgable on the guy's career.
Ok, then find the quote where I said he should come here. You can't because it's not there. Therefore you lied and said something I didn't say. You freaking said the guy was never a good route runner and you say I don't know anything about his career?!?! Get out of here with that. And like I said don't lie on me again.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Ok, then find the quote where I said he should come here. You can't because it's not there. Therefore you lied and said something I didn't say. You freaking said the guy was never a good route runner and you say I don't know anything about his career?!?! Get out of here with that. And like I said don't lie on me again.
Your entire argument here has been indicative of that. Hell, you can't even grasp the fact that his route running abilities were exposed in NE. Hell, even the team reported that he tried and tried, but couldn't do it. That's a problem with running routes man either way you want to slice it.

Texn4life

All Pro
Your entire argument here has been indicative of that. Hell, you can't even grasp the fact that his route running abilities were exposed in NE. Hell, even the team reported that he tried and tried, but couldn't do it. That's a problem with running routes man either way you want to slice it.
You said he got open based on pure athleticism and speed. He ran a 4.54 coming out of OSU. He was never a burner even when he was in college. There are quotes all over from opposing players, coaches, and analysts who talk about his route running abilities and his ability to come out of cuts. Him not knowing how to make route adjustments says nothing about his physical ability to run routes. You keep trying to put words in my mouth, but that doesn't surprise me. You also keep skirting about me telling you to find the quote that said I wanted him here. You can't even say you were mistaken about it. It tells me everything I need to know about you as a man.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
You said he got open based on pure athleticism and speed. He ran a 4.54 coming out of OSU. He was never a burner even when he was in college. There are quotes all over from opposing players, coaches, and analysts who talk about his route running abilities and his ability to come out of cuts. Him not knowing how to make route adjustments says nothing about his physical ability to run routes. You keep trying to put words in my mouth, but that doesn't surprise me. You also keep skirting about me telling you to find the quote that said I wanted him here. You can't even say you were mistaken about it. It tells me everything I need to know about you as a man.
You know everything you need to know about me as a man now? Lol!!

You haven't provided one single link throughout this entire discussion to prove anything you're suggesting man. I don't owe you anything as the minute you got cranking in this discussion you started dishing out insults and even when called on it by the mods, you just re-worded your insults.

We can sit here and agree to disagree as far as his speed or his route running skills, but I watched him in Cinci for years and he had speed and athleticism especially, but he never looked like a crisp route runner like a Marvin Harrison or a Larry Fitzgerald type who he had comparable numbers to. That was a huge reason why I never understood why the hell Bill Billicheck ever thought it was a good idea to bring that clown over there when they desperately needed a deep threat. That decision is partly why they lost the SB, because they never had a good deep threat that entire season which made it easier to cover the TE's and Welker in the middle of the field.

Texn4life

All Pro
You know everything you need to know about me as a man now? Lol!!

You haven't provided one single link throughout this entire discussion to prove anything you're suggesting man. I don't owe you anything as the minute you got cranking in this discussion you started dishing out insults and even when called on it by the mods, you just re-worded your insults.
When you say that I said something I didn't say, you're damn right I'm gonna have a problem with it. And what are you talking about I haven't provided links? When I compared him and Steve Smith I provided stats..... When you said he was a poor route runner I provided a quote that talks about his route runner being on par with Marvin Harrison. I'd be here all night if I provided links where people talked about how good of a route runner he is.

On the other hand, you can't find one quote where I said I wanted him to come here. And I did exactly what cak told me to do. You can go cry to him if you'd like.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
When you say that I said something I didn't say, you're damn right I'm gonna have a problem with it. And what are you talking about I haven't provided links? When I compared him and Steve Smith I provided stats..... When you said he was a poor route runner I provided a quote that talks about his route runner being on par with Marvin Harrison. I'd be here all night if I provided links where people talked about how good of a route runner he is.
Steve Smith's situation was completely different than Chad's in Cinci. Steve Smith never showed any real signs of slowing down or an unwillingness to play with his team even when he wanted to be traded and he had a lot worse to work with for most of his career in Carolina than what Chad had in Cinci QB wise. Smith has always been huge in big games for the Panthers as well, while Chad hasn't performed well at all in big games and tried punching his coach in the face during halftime. They are pretty different players as Steve Smith can be a hot head at times, but Chad is just about himself and his attention. And yes, you provided a link there at that point, but nothing to suggest that Chad Johnson's route running abilities can't be questioned. I gave you proof of that from the Patriots camp which you wouldn't accept. I guess that should tell me all I need to know about you as a man. Lol!

On the other hand, you can't find one quote where I said I wanted him to come here. And I did exactly what cak told me to do. You can go cry to him if you'd like.
Don't need to, and that isn't exactly my style. Your own actions do that just fine and you're pretty amusing to be honest.

Texn4life

All Pro
Steve Smith's situation was completely different than Chad's in Cinci. Steve Smith never showed any real signs of slowing down or an unwillingness to play with his team even when he wanted to be traded and he had a lot worse to work with for most of his career in Carolina than what Chad had in Cinci QB wise. Smith has always been huge in big games for the Panthers as well, while Chad hasn't performed well at all in big games and tried punching his coach in the face during halftime. They are pretty different players as Steve Smith can be a hot head at times, but Chad is just about himself and his attention. And yes, you provided a link there at that point, but nothing to suggest that Chad Johnson's route running abilities can't be questioned. I gave you proof of that from the Patriots camp which you wouldn't accept. I guess that should tell me all I need to know about you as a man. Lol!

Don't need to, and that isn't exactly my style. Your own actions do that just fine and you're pretty amusing to be honest.
The only thing that you provided backed up what I said. That Chad Johnson had issues with their playbook and route adjustments. His issues there had nothing to do with his physical ability. Steve Smith was being shopped around before last year so obviously his own team thought he was slowing down. Hell, I provided facts showing that Chad had better years than him in both 2009 and 2010. You're the only one buying what you're selling honestly.

So because you lied and said I said something I didn't it's safe to say you're a liar then right? I'm not attacking you. Just stating facts.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
The only thing that you provided backed up what I said. That Chad Johnson had issues with their playbook and route adjustments. His issues there had nothing to do with his physical ability. Steve Smith was being shopped around before last year so obviously his own team thought he was slowing down. Hell, I provided facts showing that Chad had better years than him in both 2009 and 2010. You're the only one buying what you're selling honestly.
YOu got the facts wrong again. Steve Smith wanted out, because the franchise was in disarray. He somewhat dogged it the year before which does warrant criticism. He then got to know Cam Newton and they developed a relationship and Smith no longer wanted to be traded and he was immediately taken off the trading block. Carolina never wanted to let him go, but wasn't going to keep him around if he was going to be unhappy on a rebuilding team.

Chad Johnson's physical abilities declined several years ago. Hell even when he had 1,000 yards in 2010 he didn't look the same and looked to be in decline. Hell, I had the guy on my FF team that year and he helped me win a SB and I could tell he wasn't the same guy even in his last good season. In 2011 he was horrible which is exactly why a #2 WR that was older than him got better stats than him. His problems with the Patriots did have to do with not being able to grasp the system. Yes, that is true, but that was only part of it. Your problem is that you keep trying to pin point that as the only reason why he couldn't perform or stay on the field consistently. He had several BIG drops, he wasn't getting open nearly enough getting separation, and he couldn't even run the routes properly.

You can keep dancing around this issue all that you want, but you've got nothing here. A guy that has 3 out of 4 poor seasons at the age of 34 or whatever he is now doesn't equate to being a WR that hasn't been on the decline.

So because you lied and said I said something I didn't it's safe to say you're a liar then right? I'm not attacking you. Just stating facts.
No, it's not safe to say that.