Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chad Johnson gets All-Pro JAndre Johnson snubbed.. What your take?

trutexan02

Waterboy
This is a slap in the face. Chad Johnson didn't do anything to deserve All-Pro selection. Popular choice, nothing more! AJ owns him!

I'm a big fan of AJ, and CJ didnt do much most of the season, but when he did, it was ridiculous. I had him on my fantasy team, and towards the end he started putting up some monster numbers. That being said, AJ did do a lot, but offensively, you know we retreated from the pass, so I can't really say AJ was most deserving either.

103 Rec. for AJ in an offense that rivaled that of the previous season (atrocious). CJ has an offense loaded with PROVEN talent. He should be a hands down choice but is didn't do anything to support that assertion.

"CJ didnt do much most of the season, but when he did, it was ridiculous"

Monster games shouldn't earn annual awards.

AJ produced all season. CJ had four good games 2 of which were sensational. He shouldn't get all pro due to inconsistiency alone.

JMO

It is blind homerism to say Chad Johnson did not deserve All Pro selection and Andre Johnson did. Chad led the league in receiving yardage with 1369 yards (15.7 avg) and had 7 touchdowns compared to Andre's 1147 yards (11.1 per) with 5 touchdowns. To me, 5 yard pass routes aren't all that impressive.

It is blind homerism to say Chad Johnson did not deserve All Pro selection and Andre Johnson did. Chad led the league in receiving yardage with 1369 yards (15.7 avg) and had 7 touchdowns compared to Andre's 1147 yards (11.1 per) with 5 touchdowns. To me, 5 yard pass routes aren't all that impressive.

and the last time i checked he doesnt call the plays either so who fault is it...AJ i dont think so guy,think about it you might need some more time:brickwall

I do not think either of the earned it. C Johnson consistently puts up a couple of big games a year and disappears in others. Hopefully with a new QB soon AJ's best years are ahead of him.

not a snub...chad had more yds and tds...chad went missing eh? how many total yds did aj get over the last 4-5 games in the season..il guess <200

He droped way too many passes in the clutch...that's what kept him from winnning in my eyes.
While Chad made a few amazing plays and racked up the yardage when it counted most.

BTw..I'm more upset Ray Ray is going to the Probowl to replace Gold....that should be DeMeco's spot... hot dammit!

Andre had a good year but Im not suprised he isnt an All-Pro....and I am suprised he was a starter on the Pro-Bowl roster

Democracy never works.

Alternatively, it's not the issues that put you in student council, it's your popularity.

He droped way too many passes in the clutch...that's what kept him from winnning in my eyes.
While Chad made a few amazing plays and racked up the yardage when it counted most.

BTw..I'm more upset Ray Ray is going to the Probowl to replace Gold....that should be DeMeco's spot... hot dammit!

I agree, finally someone else besides me said it, Freak athlete-Now come up big with the easy balls in key situation. He has sometimes dont get me wrong, but to be elite, do it more often, I am sure the QB would apprecheate it.:shades:

YEA and how does Ray make it before DeMeco? Ray did all this with Nagta and Gregg in front of him, and Suggs and Adalius around him.

Demeco had back back ups playing DLine in front and a Rokkie DE in the DE spot, with not a lot of saftey help at all.

I do not think either of the earned it. C Johnson consistently puts up a couple of big games a year and disappears in others. Hopefully with a new QB soon AJ's best years are ahead of him.

Chad had been telling them to throw him the ball all year long. MarvinLewis & Carson Palmer feared the Double teams.... but when they started to throw him the ball, OchoCinco showed them what's what.

Chad most definitely deserved the all-pro label.

Andre.... had the same problem. But he wants to play Mr.Nice Guy...... & you know what happens to Mr. Nice Guys......

Watch some other games....... this last few weeks in the play-offs, we've seen drops by Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn, Mushin Muhommed........ all of them drop passes...... all of them have dropped passes on third down..... that's why they are payed so much, because they catch more than they drop, because it isn't as easy as they make it look.

It only looks worse, when they only throw him the ball 5 times a game, and usually not until the second half, and we're already down by three scores.

AJ is a freakin' Texan for cryin' out loud. Is there any wonder why he wasn't chosen?! This team has no respect because they've never earned it. Individual awards are definitely biased by the team that a player is on.

This award had nothing to do with what team AJ played for... it has more to do with numbers....its high number of catches compared to lack of yardage and low number of TD's in comparison to other WR's are why AJ is not the All-Pro

AJ produced all season. CJ had four good games 2 of which were sensational. He shouldn't get all pro due to inconsistiency alone.

Andre had 19 catches for 156 yards and zero touchdowns in the last five games of the season. That's not, as you said, producing.

This award had nothing to do with what team AJ played for...

Who picks the award? The Associated Press, which is made up of people. You are delusional if you think teams have nothing to do with their opinions of players.

For the first time since 2002, the Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning is not the first-team quarterback on The Associated Press NFL All-Pro team.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees edged Manning 25 to 24 in voting by a nationwide panel of sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL.

Source

:ok:

That is what had alot more to do with it than him playing for the Texans....AP selects DROY so how come Demeco won?

I agree 100%. Andre Johnson is absolutely an All Pro caliber receiver. The post I was responding to, though, said that Andre produced all season. That's not true, regardless of whose fault it is.

And, Demeco won DROY because he was the best defensive rookie in the league.

That is what had alot more to do with it than him playing for the Texans....AP selects DROY so how come Demeco won?

DR was heads and shoulders above the no. 2 choice. It is not as clear-cut with AJ and CJ. When two candidates are neck-in-neck, what factor(s) do you think influences the voters?

DR was heads and shoulders above the no. 2 choice. It is not as clear-cut with AJ and CJ. When two candidates are neck-in-neck, what factor(s) do you think influences the voters?

Production, Impact, Touchdowns,

I wouldnt even put Andre Johnson over Marvin Harrison or Torry Holt for that matter... Bottom line is, for having 100+ catches...he didnt do much with them, especially in the 2nd half of the year

Lets keep in mind the offenses these players are put into. There is no way AJ could possibly put up CJ's numbers when most every ball thrown his way is within 10 yards of the LOS, simply does not work that way. Statisticly, CJ was the better receiver, but when you put everything in perspective, I think AJ had the better season (if the roles where reversed, I would say AJ at least matches CJ's production), however, I wouldnt expect the Press to count that, and as a result CJ should be All Pro.

Lets keep in mind the offenses these players are put into. There is no way AJ could possibly put up CJ's numbers when most every ball thrown his way is within 10 yards of the LOS, simply does not work that way. Statisticly, CJ was the better receiver, but when you put everything in perspective, I think AJ had the better season (if the roles where reversed, I would say AJ at least matches CJ's production), however, I wouldnt expect the Press to count that, and as a result CJ should be All Pro.

Great response....its true, people dont put systems into consideration....they can only judge them on common things, catches, yards, td's

AJ bigger stronger and faster... but Chad doesnt drops as many balls and I think Chad is a better route runner too... To start a new team.. I go AJ but to win right way Ocho Cinco... but you cant go wrong with both

and the last time i checked he doesnt call the plays either so who fault is it...AJ i dont think so guy,think about it you might need some more time:brickwall

I never said it was his fault. But you don't get All Pro just because you're a physical freak with more catches than anyone else. Production has to be considered regardless of whose fault it is.

This is a slap in the face. Chad Johnson didn't do anything to deserve All-Pro selection. Popular choice, nothing more! AJ owns him!

I see your point - consistency matters - but to say that Chad Johnson did nothing is absurd. He led the league in receiving yards and scored 7TDs despite getting no service at all for two thirds of the season. I don't like the guy a whole lot, but he runs excellent routes, catches better than AJ and finished much stronger.

I know AJ's dip came because of how the offense was being run, but if you're looking for form players then it's an easy choice. Also, I think that starting WRs get judged a lot on their ability to make big-time, game-breaking plays. CJ had plenty of those, and I can only think of one or two for Andre this year.

Don't get me wrong - as players, I'd take Andre over Chad for my team any day of the week - I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Back