Chad Calling out P-Buch

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by THEFUTURE, Sep 23, 2005.

1. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

so has anyone else seen sports center or any other sports show that shows Chad and his little sheet of paper..."who can stop 85 in 2005?" on the list in P-Buch... first off, wouldnt dunta cover him, but thats besides the point.... as an athlete, these are the things you love to see. maybe it finally lights something in Buchanon, he has to have at least seen it or heard that his names there....he is a player from the U, and self proclaimed "showtime" these are the things a lot of those players love, they love the attention, and love the challenge. granted he needs to earn his spot back, but maybe him getting benched, and him seeing Chad's list, will finally do something for p-buch...hopefully

2. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

Chad who?

3. Scooter

Scooter Funky

chad johnson of the bengals i assume.

4. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

You know I seem to remember CJ sending the Browns DBs each a bottle of Petpto last year do you remember how that ended up? Browns win and CJ had 45 yds? I think so maybe he should just shut his trap and play. But then again if it is a battle P-burnt might just win as long as he doesn't have to tackle anybody.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Wonder if Chad got the memo from Capers that P-Burnt was benched ?

6. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

Second rate recievers compare themselves to second rate corners I guess. He wants nothing to do with the man shutting half the field down. My 12 year old cousin playin JR. High ball could take one to the house against PBuc.

7. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Im not much of a Chad Johnson fan, but come on he is still a top 5 receiver. And YES better than AJ right now.

8. Elite

Elite Veteran

Yeah Chad is far from second rate. but he is only better than AJ because he has a real QB.

9. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

You don't want Chad lighting what Philip has.

10. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

Calling Chad Johnson second rate is rather laughable as well. Have you not watched him lately?

11. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

carson palmer is awsome, i was against him when he was drafted, but jumped on the wagon mid of last year. maybe USC just produces top tier nfl qbs who know how to win??...

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Who all have the Bengals beaten so far?

Chad Johnson is good and ever since he guaranteed a win against us, the Bengals have become a better team. IMO we need a Chad Johnson on our team. Someone who is going to bring a contagious confidence to the table because losing is not acceptable. Until one of our players comes out like that, we will continue to have nice guys that know how to accept losses.

13. WildBlackBear32

WildBlackBear32 All Pro

We've got Travis Johnson! If you ask some around here, he's had about the same impact that Chad has had with the Bengals.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

The 10-yard cushion we give receivers is the main culprit.

If our d coord. and the corners don't attempt to jam ANY team's receivers, there's just not much of a chance of stopping a top tier WR or a bottom of the barrel WR.

Playing THAT far off the WR gives the WR sooooooo many options it's not even funny.

I hope Faggins is able to get physical and jam anybody he lines up against. I don't see Dunta much because teams have not really challenged his side of the field much thus far...so I can't see on TV how aggressive he's being on the line at the snap.

Chad is a great WR, but he's like any other WR: You jam 'em long enough and limit them early in the game...and the QB slowly fades out of even looking at that WR's direction. In the opener with Philly and Atlanta, the look on T.O.'s face after a whole game of getting roughed up was just priceless.

No reason why Faggins and Dunta cannot do this to Chad or any other WR for that matter.

15. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Exactly. What is with that??? With P-Burnt's speed he could jam WRs at the line and then easily catch up. I really want to know why our CBs play so far off.

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

What do you mean by this? Do you mean he has displayed alot of confidence and swagger.

I hardly believe the two's productivity equal each other. Maybe Johnson can start to make some plays and bring it around for us from a pass rush perspective.

It is funny but as I wrote that comment Travis Johnson did come to mind for some reason.

Let's also not forget that aside from jamming the receiver the other thing to do with a guy like TO or Johnson is to not talk to him at all no matter what he says to you because they are the type that feed off that.

17. Elite

Elite Veteran

If i remember correctly Chad Johnson was a third rounder that proved he had it tomake it in this league and its only natural he can talk shyt he is related to Keyshawn Johnson.

18. AlexVanderpool

AlexVanderpool Veteran

With a REAL offensive line.

19. Cincinnatikid

Cincinnatikid Veteran

You cant jam Chad Johnson because if he gets by you then he is gone, example play number 2 in their game last week. He blew by the CB and then split the Safties. The other reason he is big time is that he isnt like moss who goes only vertical, he makes the tough plays over teh middle, runs end arounds, and catches very low balls. I would probably say he is top 3 in teh NFL. AJ would be better on another team but still dont know if he is top 3. And when you focus on CJ then you gotta deal with the other receivers such as TJ Housh. and their younger guys who are playing well so far. CJ may have blown the pepto incident, but last week he got into smack talking with Smoot of the Vikings and he came out just fine. Got me a lot of points in fantasy.

20. TexansCanes

TexansCanes All Pro

say what you want about him talking, the guy can play and very few in the league prepare as much as he does. he sleeps at the facility. i loved the shcedule in his locker, he played fred smoot, who isn't all-world but the guy ain't that bad. we'll see what he does week he called out mike brown and jerry azumah(sp?). i'd take andre ahead of him but they are very close and top 5-10 when it comes ability at wr.