Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Centers available in the 2009 draft

Number19

Hall of Fame
... Luigs, solid base can hold the point but not sure how athletic or well he fits scheme, 3rd rd...
My standby, NFL Draft Scout has him graded just the opposite. Their description is that he has marginal power in his base and lacks a strong anchor. However, of all the centers this year, including Mack, he grades out as being the most athletic.

Some examples ( first grade Luigs, second Mack ) :
...Initial quickness : 7.8, 6.7
...Lateral Movement : 6.8, 5.8
...Balance/Stays on his Feet : 6.3, 6.8
...Pulling/Trapping : 6.8, 6.6
...Reactions/Awareness : 8.2, 8.0

Mack dominates in areas such as Run Blocking, Pass Blocking, Explosion/Pop and Use of Hands/Punch.

Luigs need an off season or two in the weight room, typical of the vast majority of rookie centers, but he has all the athletic skills needed for the ZBS. His analysis also says that of ALL the linemen in the SEC this past season, he is the most sound technician. In addition, he is a high-character type with excellent work habits.

mussop

Hall of Fame
My standby, NFL Draft Scout has him graded just the opposite. Their description is that he has marginal power in his base and lacks a strong anchor. However, of all the centers this year, including Mack, he grades out as being the most athletic.
Pretty much waht I said about him to start this thread.

Next up is Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas Dont remember who they were playing now but was really not impressed with this guy. He seemed to fit the bill as a mobile athletic guy but really was getting killed at the POA. Was really getting drove off the ball. Seems like we already have that problem. If I had to grade him I would say 6th round pick would be good value. I dont see him making a big difference anytime soon.

:cowboy1: