Cedric Benson arrested.

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by drewmar74, May 4, 2008.

1. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Per PFT's rumor mill.... They allude to boating while intoxicated.

KVUE News in Austin, Texas, is reporting that Bears running back Cedric Benson was arrested early this morning by the Travis County Sheriff’s department.

The report does not give a reason for the arrest, but does say Benson is out on bond.

Benson has had previous legal trouble. In 2004 he was found guilty of criminal trespassing in connection with a break-in at a woman’s home. In 2002 he was arrested on marijuana possession charges.

The Bears’ 2005 first-round draft pick, Benson has been a disappointment in the NFL. After the Bears used their second-round draft pick on running back Matt Forte, there has been talk in Chicago that Benson won’t be around much longer.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

3. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Wow. Talk about a dumbass.

*sniff sniff*

You guys smell that?

*sniff*

Yeah, I definitely smell a suspension coming.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Which would lead to the obligatory "Should the Texans sign Cedric Benson?" threads. :brickwall:

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The Texans refuse to take players from UT!

:sarcasm:

6. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

A Longhorn in trouble with the law?? Can't be. They get arrested all the time but the UT Athletic Dept always comes through with a clean drug test.

7. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

I knew the bears traded the wrong back the minute they did it. CB is worthless now.

8. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

What a maroon, I just don't get these guys, millions of dolllars in his pocket you think it would be pretty simple to have someone sober drive if you have had a couple too many. He needs to get his act together and stay out of trouble. It's really not that hard.

9. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Surely, surely you don't think we'll get subjected to these, do you?

Can you guys delete them as they pop up?

Showtime100 likes this.
  10. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

The Matt Forte era is starting sooner than expected

11. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Yes sir.

He's a pretty physical runner, isn't he?

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

13. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well let me be the first. 200 dollar waiver wire price, why not ? the cap hit is on chicgo's books not ours. Price of a cup of cofee ? give him a sniff.

14. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Yes I'm Shocked !! Shocked, that people were on the lake in Austin drinking and smoking and getting...well you know the rest. It would be more of an event if there weren't people on the lake intoxicated. Kinda like the junkies on 6th street. Capistrano has it's swllows. Austin has it's junkies on 6th street.

Both will poop on you if you don't keep an eye peeled.

http://www.sanjuancapistrano.net/swallows/
    http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Austin

15. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Benson gets busted and you take the opportunity to bash Austin?? I'm a Houstonian and always will take up for my hometown especially over Austin, but that post was just misguided anger toward.............something.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

You won't get that from me and I wanted the Texans to try and get hold of him when he came out. I was incredibly wrong about that one and I've been grateful for a couple of years that I wasn't in charge of that draft.

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

good thing it wasn't williamson county or ....well you all know about the reputations of that county

18. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

F** da bears cause they screwed us in the draft. For whatever it's worth, they should have chosen Otah who is more of the physical, big OT who fits their scheme. Albert or Williams would have slide to us, depending on whom KC picked. Nothing more would make me happy than to see the Bears (and Titans) fall head first.

I hope this screws with some Chi-town mojo.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I get the feeling that you are communicating through some type of wormhole, transmitting from 1923. Once again proving that your surreality is most likely fueled with moonshine and your quasi-inebriated rants served up by a shouldered parrot bought at Pirates R Us.

There are many lakes around Austin. 6th street is not a haven for junkies, but rather a haven for tourists and college kids.

20. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

I just read through some of the Austin link. Being from Round Rock I thought a couple of the comments were kinda funny. Then I read this under "attractions in Austin":

The Yogurt Shop: Here four stuck-up high school cheerleader bimbos got raped, maimed, pillaged and burned by four l0zer slakker punks because they wouldn't put out or give them free yogurt. All four punks either got acquitted because they did the gene pool a favor, or are awaiting new trials because they ratted out on each other and lied about who did what

That has got to be the sickest thing I have ever read. For anyone not familiar with the yogurt shop murders, 4 young girls from 13-17 years old, were bound and gagged, raped, and murdered execution style. Then their bodies were doused in gasoline and burned to chars.

I have no problem with people poking fun at Austin, but if anyone ever said anything like that to my face, I can assure you they would never say it again.

Thanks for the link but I don't think I will ever be going back to that site.

Lucky likes this.