CC Brown/Texans probs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Silver Oak, May 6, 2009.

1. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

2. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I missed the part where he said something controversial.

3. Texsker

Texsker Rookie

Yeah, I heard it too. For people who don't listen to the interview, the summary, in a nutshell, is that he's claiming that the team chemistry on the Texans last year wasn't very good. He says that the Giants players "gel" a lot more than what he experienced in Houston.

Although team chemistry can't be forced, I hope the Texans' staff takes these comments to heart and works on ways to promote greater team unity.

4. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

He's just bitter because we cut him. If you listen to everyone on our team they all talk about how good the team chemistry is.

5. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Texans problems? Yeah, they are with the Giants now. CC is in a position to be loved after being spurned and being off the playing field due to injury. It should feel like the first day of school for him. I wish him the best.

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The difference is that their team has more veterans with playoff experience and we are just starting to learn how to win games. Once they get a taste of the playoffs and any success, the chemistry like the Giants will come. Also, the Giants pulled off one of the greatest upsets in SuperBowl history. If that doesn't make a team come together with chemistry, i don't know what will.

P.S. Hey Can't Cover, lets see if any of that chemistry let's you see the field.

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

So, everyone who cares what CC Brown has to say raise their hands.

False Start likes this.
  8. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I guess Carr signed him up for the Ex Texans club and he felt wanted .

9. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

When are people going to admit the Texans are perfect? What would a player know about team chemistry anyway?

On a more serious note, the number of times we've seen the secondary burned because people are out of position could easily lead to "chemistry" problems. Haven't players said before that they've been confused by Smith's defensive schemes? Maybe Winston Smith has got to that bit of history too.

10. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    The Texans' problems? We had guys like C.C. Brown starting for a couple years at a time.

False Start and RTP2110 like this.
  11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm sure a dude that just got signed as a free agent is not going to say that his new team is lesser in any phase than his old team. He's not going to say "Well, one thing I will say about Houston is that they had much better this or that than over here in NY".

12. False Start

False Start On # 69

Wow, they are making this guy out to be good. Best of luck to them...... :heh:

13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

After watching the last few years, does it take a CC interview to hint of a Texans D chemistry problem? In general, you could see how players on the O fed positively on each other. One player never seemed to be truly called out as a "problem." However, there were constantly individuals and groups (whether DL, CB's or DB's) and, of course, coaches all negatively called out at one time or another for their lack of ability or lack of effort or lack of football IQ. It was was obvious that the "blame" game was always going on under breath, undermining any positives that may having been present. All of these nonconstructive factors were evident with the D, and it shouldn't take CC's comments to have miraculously opened anyone's eyes to the obvious.

14. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

I think I will file this in the who gives a crap category. It would be no suprise to me that a very young team doesnt have great chemistry. The longer they play together the better it will get. I dont think this is much of a "problem".

15. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Nice, couldn't have said it any better

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

So Orwellian of you. Hopefully Bush can live up to and leverage the fruits of Fangio and Smith's labor.

Brown in my opinion was talking about off field alchemy rather than on the field chemistry. For the record we were 8-5 without this services last year.

17. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

We already know our overall D hasn't performed up to expectations yet. He's just found another way to say the same thing.

18. Runner

Huh. So I take it you don't subscribe to a view of the Texans closing out their day by sitting around post-shower in their towels holding hands and singing kumbaya.

19. Runner

Wasn't CC at least "adequate" under Capers? I don't recall specifics, but I thought he was ok.

20. Runner

He was also part of a defense that trended from average to bad. I don't think his statement was taking a shot at the Texans as much as giving an honest opinion of differences between the teams. Maybe there is some information to be gleaned here.