Casserly not the VP any more. Does anyone think.......?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Big B Texan Fan, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Does anyone think that him being stripped of his VP title was the posturing of him getting axed. Now he's just in charge of talent evaluating. Monkeys can evaluate talent and give the info to the coaches to see who they want.

I dunno man, I'm sure I'll get blasted on starting this thread and get called a doom-sayer and stuff. Just my opinion though, he'll be gone after the draft but before the season starts.

2. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I'm smarter than a monkey ..... where do I sign up? :rolleyes:

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I have zero qualms with Cass evaluating as I believe that is his greatest asset. The guy knows players. The problem is that we have overpaid in FA, but that is for another thread.

4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'm not sure if his talent evaluating is really even that good.:) He was better at trading for picks.....then wasting them to move up or trade with, more than anything but he did get the picks to start with. His talent evaluations always left a bad taste in my mouth. In Washington he did best with other guys around him. His biggest legacy was leaving them with all of those picks. His draft choices were not strong unless he had Bethard and Gibbs with him. I don't think it is doom and gloom to say that. I think the plan was to phase him out to start with. I think Reeves still being here is a big sign of that. I don't see him going anywhere, especially with Kubiak.

5. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

If you only have to be smarter than a monkey, most people on this board would have the credentials to be NFL talent evaluater. I think it would be fun.

6. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

hey I said it first so I have dibs ....

I wonder if CC is smart enough to draft this kid?

http://media.putfile.com/Kylar

7. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Sorry, didn't see your post. But hey, at least we can agree. I'll be more than happy to do that job with you. By the way...don't know where you got that video, but that is friggin' awesome.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

LOL..the next Joey Porter

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

From what I hear, his greatest ability is in talent evaluation. Where he falls down is that he allows the coaches to influence his picks too much. When he worked with Beathard, he was shielded and Beathard picked based on Casserly's recommendations. You see after Beathard went out on his own, he wasn't too good either. They were a good team. This might be the perfect situation for Charley now, if he sticks around.

10. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Not really sure. How can I find out if I'm smarter than a monkey? idonno:

Oh, CC wants to know too. :)

12. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Well, have you ever thrown you poop at another person due to anger or for your own satisfaction?

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

No, but I've really wanted to. :)

14. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I don't know if Casserly will be gone by the start of the season as I believe he is under contract for one more year, but it could open the door to him leaving at the end of next year and the Texans bringing in someone else.

15. The Preacher

The Preacher Veteran

Is it just me or why didn't he learn from the best? Beathard built the team around the Hogs. CC is always trying to hit the home run and well, our line hasn't been exactly stellar. :crying:

16. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

It could open the door.

My problem is I am not sure where the blame lies in our personnel mistakes. There has been a lot of talk kicking about regarding bad player acquisitions that it was the coaches' fault, the scouts' fault, contract peoples' fault ... the only thing I do know is that Cass is supposed to be relatively the man in charge of them all. One thing's for sure, the Chron doesn't help us to sort it all out.

I have been on the fire Casserly bandwagon for a long time, but the more I've thought about it, the more I like some of his draft day decisions, and as I say, I'm not sure who to credit/blame for so much of what goes on.

Does anybody have legitimate, specific information regarding division of responsibilites?

17. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

18. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

It's sad. Did you notice that the kid that got blown up is on the team with the Texans logo on their helmets?

19. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Bob McNair does but good luck getting him to tell you. I think Casserly is not directly to blame for most of these decisions, but at the same time like you said he is supposed to be the one in charge of it, and if there's a problem with an underperforming organization, the first place you should look is at the top, so maybe that's why Capers and most of his staff are now gone and they figured they'd give Cass another chance with a new HC and if it doesn't work out this year then I believe his contract is up and they just won't resign him.

20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

That and the #99 on defense is 10 years old, 6 foot and 280.:muscles: