Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Casserly in Camp Today.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
NickScurfieldCharley Casserly is scheduled to be at Texans practice today. I'm walking over to the field now.. will interview him if he's there20 minutes ago from TwitterFon
Boring news day...saw that Casserly is in town watching practice and figured I'd share. per Scurf's twitter page.

puke.gif

I wonder if Dave Ragone will be attending tomorrow's practice? Why not just bring Mittens himself back while we are at it. Just to come back and catch up on the 'good ole days'.

If you don't learn from the past you are destined to repeat it.

Last edited:
Get jimout of town, NOW!!!. I don't want this team contaminated too. Sheesh, it's taken Kubiak the better part of three years to weed out all but a couple of remnants from the C & C factory.

I wonder if Dave Ragone will be attending tomorrow's practice? Why not just bring Mittens himself back while we are at it. Just to come back and catch up on the 'good ole days'.

If you don't learn from the past you are destined to repeat it.

Fixed. Your PM box was full so I couldn't give you a heads up that way.

Last edited:
We just gave up a boatload of picks to some huge unknown talent, Buchanon or something like that, should give our D the 1,2 punch when you factor in Jason Babin.

Hey, I think the Texans pulled the trigger too soon on Babin as a DE. Time will tell on that one but I think we should have let Seattle keep their lousy Safety and continued working on trying to turn our lousy LB back into a DE. He's got 8 tackles and 2 sacks in two preseason games with the Eagles. It just took him a couple of years to get all that Vic Fangio crud out of his head.

Good point, I was just going with the flow of the thread, I wish all former Texans good luck except when they suit up against current Texans.

Dunta Robinson just signed a 5 year extension, with a $30 million signing bonus. He'll be reporting to camp later this afternoon.

Todd Wade has just been giving a performance bonus for reaching contractual incentives, most notably a 40.3 million dollar bonus for continuing to breathe.

Todd Wade has just been giving a performance bonus for reaching contractual incentives, most notably a 40.3 million dollar bonus for continuing to breathe.

That's nothing. Boselli signed a contract extension for 10 years at $10 million per year and a signing bonus of $45 million.

David Carr signed a 10 year 100 million dollar contract for reaching 302 comp in 442 attempts with a percentage of 68.3. The yards per completion(5) and number of sacks(76) incentives were not met and will be deducted accordingly from each offensive lineman's salary.

That SOB should not be allowed back in Houston city limits much less at practice at Reliant Park.

I am a professional and carry myself like a decent human being. If I saw cASSerly in person again I might not be able to control myself from kicking him in the nuts. I remember calling in and berating him after his 2003 draft especially for drafting Joppru over Witten. That sure was a winning move. So was Dave Ragone.

I HATED that prick. He wasted all of the extra picks we had coming in as an expansion team. The Babin and P-Burnt trades are unforgiveable and probably some of the worst trades in all of the NFL the past 5 years.

cASSerly screwed this franchise and set us behind by years. While, Kubiak and Smith are far from perfect and the jury is still out on them there is no question that we have amassed far more talent than cASSerly could have gotten us after 20 years. You couldn't do a worse job than him even if you tried.

That SOB should not be allowed back in Houston city limits much less at practice at Reliant Park.

I am a professional and carry myself like a decent human being. If I saw cASSerly in person again I might not be able to control myself from kicking him in the nuts. I remember calling in and berating him after his 2003 draft especially for drafting Joppru over Witten. That sure was a winning move. So was Dave Ragone.

I HATED that prick. He wasted all of the extra picks we had coming in as an expansion team. The Babin and P-Burnt trades are unforgiveable and probably some of the worst trades in all of the NFL the past 5 years.

cASSerly screwed this franchise and set us behind by years. While, Kubiak and Smith are far from perfect and the jury is still out on them there is no question that we have amassed far more talent than cASSerly could have gotten us after 20 years. You couldn't do a worse job than him even if you tried.

Matt Millen agrees with you.

I forgave Casserly a long time ago, so I don't really care if he's there. (It's not like he's making personel decisions at camp today.) Maybe Capers and Casserly were just a bad pairing.....the guy did help us during 2006, whether people want to admit it or not.

Matt Millen agrees with you.

It is a joke that BOTH Matt Millen and Charley Casserly are employed as football analysts. It just shows you how worthless most of them are. Both of these jokers have absolutely zero credibility and it is an insult to Lions and Texans fans to have to see Millen and Casserly in NFL studio shows during the season. It is like rubbing salt in the wound. You would think both of these jackasses would have some humility and lay low considering how poorly they did their previous jobs.

It is a joke that BOTH Matt Millen and Charley Casserly are employed as football analysts. It just shows you how worthless most of them are. Both of these jokers have absolutely zero credibility and it is an insult to Lions and Texans fans to have to see Millen and Casserly in NFL studio shows during the season. It is like rubbing salt in the wound. You would think both of these jackasses would have some humility and lay low considering how poorly they did their previous jobs.

Once upon a time Casserly did help build SB winning teams.....so he atleast has that on his resume over Matt Millen.

Why? If a network is willing to pay for your analysis, nothing wrong with taking the job. More a network issue offering them the job versus either one of them saying yes.

It is a different set of skills to analyze what someone else is doing versus doing that same job yourself. Millen got the job in Detroit because he consider a quality analyst and Casserly was came off somewhat candid and relative sports GM terms was somewhat entertaining.

I kind of miss Thigh High. He didn't have the speed to break the big one, but he was shifty, reliable, and fun to watch.

I still can't help but wonder where he would have ended up career-wise if he hadn't of dropped that deep ball thrown by Carr against Dallas.

Thanks for all the bad memories guys! I feel so much better now. :headhurts: This thread should be locked and burned.

casserly back in camp.

In other news, career suicide rates skyrocketed in the locker room. Frank Okams career was seen strangling itself with the practice bubble, while jacoby jones career simply ran a deep route and never curled.

Back