Casey to return against Titans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.elpasotimes.com/texas/ci_13801171

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Good, we can re-introduce 3 TE sets.

3. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

YAY the lights are on bright lets see what u can do CASEY !!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

Umm who the hell is James Casey?!

5. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Be honest though, it was nice to see Anthony Hill catch and run (and drag 4 guys with him). Joel is a good player but he doesn't have the athletic ability of JC (or OD). Really excited to see if Casey lives up to the hype.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

:mcnugget:

7. 50boys

50boys Rookie

You probably don't know him by his government name... Does Thor ring a bell?

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I'm not sure how much hype's involved with a 5th rounder, but the dude has got some hands. After going to TC practices and watching him throughout preseason, I'm not sure if he even dropped a ball. We all know how good OD is, Casey has the hands to be just as good, if not better.

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I hope Casey lives up to the hype but I am more interested in JJ's return. He has turned into a pretty good receiver and I was unsure if I'd ever be able to say that. Hopefully Slaton can use Jacoby as a role model in curing his fumble problem.

10. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Casey will give us another option on 3rd downs and we need him to step up as a security blanket along with Dreesen and Anderson.

I think the coaching staff is planning on distributing OD's impact like this:

3rd down conversions: Get the ball to Dreesen, Casey or David Anderson when we would've gotten it to OD.

Big plays: Get the ball to Jacoby, Kevin Walter or Andre Davis when we would've hit OD for a 20+ yard pass. Walter should become a larger factor in the redzone offense as well.

I'd like to see Hill in for more than the 6 or 7 offensive plays he had last week. I think he could be a very important piece in solving the run blocking puzzle. Plus he's a threat to get decent yards in the passing game as well which he showed last week. But most importantly we need him blocking.

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Hopefully JJ is showing some leadership and is approaching Slaton about how to fix that.

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Slaton: JJ, what advice can you give to me on my fumbling problem? I need your help desperately!

JJ: Try holding on to the ball, Steve.:tiphat:

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

We need JJ for this game. We have to have somewhat of a dual threat for AJ to go off.

14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I like what you say about Hill. Most are concentrating on Casey which is ok if he can block, but I'd like to see Hill catch then bull dog for a few more (as long as he does not get Slaton's disease).

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Hopefully, but I think Slaton is in a mental daze. Many thought he would be drafted first round and then went in third. He had a great year and everyone was SS this and SS that and then a few months later he is being benched. No one told him in college that he had to use both hands to protect the ball and maybe he didn't. That was then and this is now.

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

More like "Steve, I know you have always grabbed the rock and then your feet go to instincts, me too, but I learned if I did not grab with both hands and hold on, I'd be jumping into my mama's arms after I successfully scored a tip after sacking the groceries." Something like that could be said.

17. TimeKiller

TimeKiller Guest

This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not
    Well he's pretty highly thought of around here, not to mention his whole page in the draft section of Sports Illustrated or all the "HEY ROOKIE" shows that come up on the ht.com/tv stuff. He's got hands like OD, he's built like OD and he's hungry to prove himself...like OD. Imagine having both of those guys on the field at the same time DAMN YOU SHANAHAN FOR NEVER DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!

That catch and run of Hill's was impressive. Didn't notice him blocking really but don't tell me we can't use a guy who can freight train 4 defenders for a couple extra yards once or twice a game.

18. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Everyone is forgetting that Bruener was capable of doing exactly what Hill did. Its just that:
    1) he didn't run good routes
    2) he didn't have good hands

...like Hill