Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Casey question

Number19

Hall of Fame
Comments have been made, and it was mentioned in the Chronicle, that Casey can long snap. But is he good enough and consistent enough to win this responsibility for next season? What are his chances of doing so? Has the organization made any comments along this line? I would think that this would be a huge positive for the team if he could serve in this capacity, saving a roster spot.

Comments have been made, and it was mentioned in the Chronicle, that Casey can long snap. But is he good enough and consistent enough to win this responsibility for next season? What are his chances of doing so? Has the organization made any comments along this line? I would think that this would be a huge positive for the team if he could serve in this capacity, saving a roster spot.

Casey is what 255 pounds? Do the Texans really want this guy to long-snap?

Antoine Caldwell can also long-snap and he is already a center. Caldwell should be the long-snapper.

Casey is what 255 pounds? Do the Texans really want this guy to long-snap?

Antoine Caldwell can also long-snap and he is already a center. Caldwell should be the long-snapper.

For that matter Barwin is supposedly a capable long snapper.

Both Casey and Barwin demonstrated their long snapper abilities at the combine.

Is this REALLY a pertinent question right now? I'm sure he'll get a look at LS, but I doubt that's why he was drafted.

Casey snapped really badly at the combine but performed much better at his workout when the Texans brought him in. He had gone away and really worked hard on that skill.

Kubiak said that he had that skill and that he would work with Bruce Matthews to get even better at it.

Not sure if that means they are wanting him to long snap but they are definately going to work on developing that aspect of his game.

imo using a valuable roster spot on a long snapper is and always has been the biggest waste. If we can have a guy contribute and be the long snapper, its a great thing

I agree that having Casey be our LS would be ideal provided he continues to improve (which i'm sure he would with the help of Bruce freaking Matthews).

The flipside to having him be our LS AND contribute on offense and other special teams roles would be that there is a higher % chance he'd get injured and we'd be left without a LS for at least the rest of a game.

I dont know about y'all but week 17 against New England with the playoffs on the line i'd feel much better having a LS that's been doing it all season long snap the game winning FG attempt than Casey's backup who hasn't taken any live game reps if he were to get hurt.

Anyone else remember that Giants/49ers playoff game a few years back when the Giants lost due to an errant snap on a FG attempt when they had a guy who had only been on their team for 1 week playing LS?

Back