Carson Palmer demands a trade

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Imatexanfan, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

2. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

He would be a very good fit in Arizona.

3. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

his arm is shot and his accuracy has dropped off big time, along with his confidence.

4. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I don't blame him as I would hate to have to listen to TO & Chad constantly.

Seattle or Arizona would both be good fits. I wouldn't want to see him go to the Titans as he would probably turn them into a winner.

5. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Great idea, blow up the team this year and tank to win the Andrew luck sweepstakes next year! I bet without Palmer, 85 and TO they could lose more games than the Bills, Broncos or Panthers.

6. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

Palmer wants to leave mainly because of their OC, Bob Bratkowski. He's pretty much given the team an ultimatum, him or Bratkowski. I remember Ocho calling out Brat a year or two ago...and with the way the Bengals have been performing...I can't blame either one of them for wanting to get rid of the guy.

I can see him landing in either Arizona, SF, Tenn, or Oakland.

7. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Questionable if any of those guys are even there next year. Palmer wants out, TO is a FA(iirc and if so, unlikely they bring him back), and I believe there is an option on Ochocinco's contract. Benson also a FA

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Who would want Palmer, much less his contract? Al Davis, maybe. Palmer is a statue and hasn't been the same since his elbow injury in 2008. His retirement would be a favor to the Bengals, who don't seem to realize that Palmer is toast.

9. Kulluminatii

Kulluminatii Hall of Fame

I still think he has something left in him. While I don't think he'll have a Kurt Warner type resurgence and take a team all the way to the SB...I think he would be able to take an average team into the playoffs. Not sure I would want him in Oakland though, I'd like to see what Campbell has for another year.

10. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Palmer had a good couple of years, but has been bad since. Not really sure why anyone would want him.

11. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Is she tired of facing Ray Lewis, James Harrison and Troy Polamalu twice a year? Then maybe she should simply retire.

12. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

There was a report last week Marvin met with Childress for dinner and football talk. Maybe he's already planning to whack Bratkowski? Although, it seems kinda weird that they met while the dude was still employed

They've already picked up Chad's option. He'd have to be traded.

13. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Didnt catch that, thanks

14. J_R

J_R Hall of Fame

Mike Brown: "We are not trading Carson." Says Palmer requested trade last week and Brown said 'No.' Also, Childress not coming to #Bengals.

15. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

The Bills could use a QB :thinking:

I think Carson still has it in him, he just needs a new environment and a good offensive line around him like any QB in the league.

16. ThruThick&Thin

ThruThick&Thin learning2forum

How do you figure that? Why does everyone, including the media, overlook what Fitzpatrick did for BUF this year? I actually rooted for them because I knew Fitz was out there goin to work with his lumberjack beard lol

17. Blake

Blake MMQB

Waiting for the Jessee Jacksons "runaway slave" comments about Bengals owner Mike Brown.

Wait, that only works when the owner is white, and the athlete is black? My bad.

18. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

He is also threatening retirement. We suck, but they are a train wreck. Get ready to be completely irrelevant once they lose Ochopsyco, TO, Casrson Palmer and co.

19. Blake

Blake MMQB

I get what you are saying. I think he had a fine season too. But do you consider him a franchise QB? I can see Chan Gailey giving Fitz the reigns next season while they groom their franchise QB of the future. CAM NEWTON! jk I have no idea which QB they would take.

20. ThruThick&Thin

ThruThick&Thin learning2forum

I think I would build around Fitz. He almost beat the Ravens and a lot of other teams. Maybe BUF was the only other team more "snake-bitten" than HOU. At least give him another year to fizzle out or improve even more