Carrs Stats

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by grandslam1, Nov 7, 2005.

1. grandslam1

grandslam1 Veteran

CP/AT YDS TD INT
    D. Carr 22/30 219 1 0

thats not bad but there was that one fumble...

2. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

the only stat that matters is the win lose ratio. With David Carr we are about 1-13 right now.

3. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

and if we had Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas for that 14 game stretch we'd be what? 13 - 1?

4. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

no if we had them we would be 14-0.

Now if we had say, Brady, Warner, Young, McNabb, we would be 13-1.

If we simply had Tony Banks we would probably be 7-7.

BUT we had Carr, so we are 1-13. Don't have to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game with that statement, you just have to look at the FACTS.

you starting to get the picture yet?

5. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

after reading that it is QUITE clear .... hook em

6. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

FACTS?!?! Look at the game, gets maybe half a second in the pocket before he has to scramble and then when that happens only half the field is available to throw to. Can you imagine if he tried to throw back across the field on a scramble what all the Carr haters would be saying about that?!?! Half the time when he does get the ball to a receiver, it gets dropped!

7. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Did you ever see the Rams with Tony Banks? He was absolutly horrid in LA - St louis. Tom Brady would no longer be the prettyboy of the NFl cause he would have no teeth. Mike or Marcus Vick would get destroyed beh9nd our joke of an O line. Carr has his doh moments but he looked really good yesterday and he gets slammed.

8. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

this post falls under the heading of "if you give a person enough rope, they'll hang themselves"

9. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

If you mean by worried that I'm preying every week that we win.. then yeah, I'm getting worried. Seriously, if Capers can somehow show me a completley different team than what I've seen the first half of the season then I might not throw up if McNair decides to keep Capers. I believe that a coaching change is needed but it cant just be some new guy. McNair needs to eye his target and go get him. Settling for some other head coach just because everyone's calling for Caper's head would be hurting the team far more than helping it.

10. Bear

Bear Rookie

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you here. Except for 1 all-out-blitz that I noticed, Carr had 3 to 4 seconds each time. That is average for the NFL.

You are right, it would be better for Carr to pump fake and either have the ball knocked out for another fumble or just get sacked.

Half the time? My eyes aren't as good as they once were but I think you are stretching the truth just a tad here...

11. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

OMG!!! I didn't know Terrell Owens was apart of msg board! Can you come to the Texans mr. Owens!?!?!?!?!?

coughCLOWNcough

12. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I sincerely hope you're kidding with this one. If you think for one second that we'd be better with Tony Banks then you have no business watching football. Nothing against Banks, but Carr is so much better of a QB.

13. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

For one game, Carr had time and completed 73% of his passes and threw for 219 while hitting mostly short passes bc the game plan has to be set up that way do to the previous history of time allowed in the pocket. Had 219 yards and would have been up to 260 if Bradford would have held on to the ball. 250 isn't great but would be above average for the NFL.

See you win either way, either an interception or a fumble.

Ok, maybe stretching the truth because maybe it only feels that way. but since you brought up NFL averages, I'm pretty sure they drop more than the average NFL receivers. And that includes Andre bc every now and then he gets a bad case of the drops!

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Sorry, but that is simply factually incorrect. I'll post a passing game break down in a little while, but you can watch the game clock and Carr had the ball in the air in 2 seconds or under on the vast majority of plays. Even on many of those plays you can see the protection breaking down. Anything past 2 seconds is perilous. This pass blocking is "looking better" because the O has been limited to 1 or 2 read plays where Carr drops and throws. The pass protection is still far, far below NFL average.

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

He did real well when the offense was spread out though.

16. Bear

Bear Rookie

I would like to see your breakdown on exactly how long he had each pass. How do you get the documentation? I mean, I didn't have a stop-watch for every play; I'm only going by what I saw.

And please don't get me wrong, I am NOT defending the O-Line nor am I saying Carr is the worst QB ever. Neither are good under our current system.

17. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

I bet you, if we had Brett Farve, we would be undefeated!!!!:yap

18. kevinjagsfan

kevinjagsfan Rookie

no, I was at the game yesterday, and Carr more than a few times had about 3-5 seconds to read and make a throw, and he did neither. Also, Carr I think twice yesterday ran outside the tackles and could've thrown the ball away for incompletions, but instead he fell to the ground and took the sack. He's just very shellshocked, and it's a damn shame. He really had great potential, but now.......

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I agree. Wish we had seen more of yesterday's team during the first six games, though.

Hopefully your "not far" is next week instead of next year.

If you define "just around the corner" as next year under a new coaching staff, I'd agree 100%! ;)

Seriously, though, I was delusional enough to buy into success (defined as 8-8 or anything better than 7-9) happening this season.

Honestly, caddy, and I mean this question with all due respect: how long would you give Coach Capers before deciding to let him go? I mean, how many losing seasons? (just curious where your threshold of support is for the coach, that's all. Not a trick question or anything)

Always and forever!! Even when they lose. :redtowel: :fans:

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

The break down, FWIW, will be up shortly. The times come from the game clock. I do not try to break it down into less than 1 second increments. Somewhere there may be a stat for average QB time, but the real comparison is top 10 O's because that is what we want right? Looking at the top 10 O's you will also see them have plays under 2 seconds, but the % is less. The big difference is they also have successful plays with 3+ and 4+ seconds which percentagewise just doesn't happen for the Texans.