Carr's Quarterback Rating

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansFanatic, Sep 17, 2006.

1. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Last week Carr's QB rating was 102.1 and by my calculations his quarterback rating so far this weekend is 126.7. Not bad for a guy who people want run out of town....

2. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

dont forget to mentioned 3 touchdown passes also

*3 fumbles but that dont matter :sarcasm:

3. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

Not bad for a guy who throws 1 yard dump off passes and fumbled three times. Stats are such a wonderful thing! You can twist them and bend them and do all kinds of wonderful things to make a P.O.S. QB look great! Carr sucks!

4. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Carr was by no means great today....he was decent...he still didn't get rid of the ball a couple of times, he fumbled the ball 2 or 3 times, and he didn't look down field enough........he's what I always said he was............average.

5. FanZilla

FanZilla Rookie

3 TD passes when we are so far down that the 3rd team D is in and they don't care if we score 30 points. When David has stats that are actually in a close or winning game I will be impressed.

He needs to lose his tunnel vision and realize that the d-line will be coming.

6. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

Carr looked like crap until they backed off in the fourth quarter! I guess this is a lost cause, Carr was awsome I love David! We have a chance to loose 16 with him at QB this year!!!! Go Carr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Agreed.

8. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Revised rating for this week after all the numbers are in:

Carr will be ranked among the top 3 NFL quarterbacks with a 115 rating after playing two of the best teams in the league (possibly Super Bowl teams).

9. Meisterman

Meisterman Veteran

Carr did nothing when it counted. Once the game is out of reach and Indy puts in the the 2nd string...then with no presuure... he pats the stats.

Garbage time stats are for 3 year extensions...cough...

10. SpinDoc

SpinDoc Rookie

This is real. And I hate losing.

11. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

12. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

the "tunnel vision" where he looked right then threw 30 yards to the left for a TD or the "tunnel vision" where he pumped right and threw left for a TD?

Maybe the reason he did well in the 4th is beacuse he had time...you really think that if Peyton and Harrison and Wayne are still out there when they are up by 30 that eveyrone else is going to stop trying?

13. PhnzUp

PhnzUp Rookie

we gotta make a change and put in Sage. Lets give Moulds and Andre an opportunity to earn their money.

14. TFL

TFL Veteran

Yea bench a guy becuase the line can't block and d can't stop, and put another QB in there, and that fixs the problem. Wrong,Carr did not look to be the problem the last two games.

15. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Go Carr!!!!!!!!

16. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

You guys keep bashing Carr for not getting rid of the ball, and for "not realizing that the D-line will be coming."

Kubiak, the man in charge, the man with substantial football knowledge, keeps telling Carr to SLOW down, not speed up. Also, after about 215 sacks, he knows the d-line is coming, there just usually aint a damn thing he can do about it but throw short.

If you dont think Carr is the answer for this team, you are entitled to that. But a lot of times folks don't know what they are criticizing or hardly look to the big picture when making their assessments.

you know who else does that? retards.

*by the way, i am lukewarm on David Carr. Don't love him or hate him, but i think he has played well considering the circumstances the last two games.

bigtex77 likes this.
  17. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

co-signs. I want his stats to look good when it counts. 3 fumbles is unacceptable period.

That said....I'm willing to stick with Carr throughout this year. If Kubes pulls him early then fine but as for now David has this year to show me something. I might even give him 4 games next year just b/c he is in a NEW system which some of you forget.

18. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

one fumble was Flanagan's fault as well, and another one was because he got hit while throwing. that could've happened to anyone in this league.

19. GoTexans

GoTexans Rookie

Good then tell the Texans to draft a secondary.

20. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Mostly garbage time stats. And the Eagles showed today that they're not that good.

Bottom line, the team is 0-2 and Carr has been a major contributor to both losses.