Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr's QB rating

Ranger98

Practice Squad
I had been told that Carr's QB rating for the 4th quarter of games this year was highest in the league going into the Viking game. Does anyone know of a site where I can support this claim? If it is in fact true he must look un-believable after this past Sunday.

Thanks

That was stated by a commentator, who I suspect had flunkies doing the comparison for him. I am not aware of an internet comparison by quarter for all the QB's but you can individually look them up on the stat pages at nfl.com, espn.com or sports.yahoo.com.

Here is one such page for David Carr.

In the 4th quarter he has a rating of 4th Quarter 132.8 over 5 games this year
66.7% Completion % and 466 yards. That is tough to beat.

I have just been selectively looking at some other top QB's and haven't found any higher yet. One interesting outlier is Peyton with 84.0 QB rating in the 4th quarter this year. I haven't seen enough of his games to understand the drop off. I suspect it's a function of being in the lead in the 4th quarter (with the exception of the NE game). This would lead to shorter safer passes, not taking shots at the end zone and even excepting the sack instead of forcing a bad throw.

I haven't seen anything on the net, but I remember they showed the stat at the beginning of the 4th Quarter. David Carr HAD a 140.9 QB rating in the 4th, then went on to throw 2 TD passes, with no INT's. So I suspect that it only could've risen to more astronomical heights after that. Edit: Actually, it fell to 132. Argh.

The 4th quarter stats are Very Good Its those 1st quarter stats that bother me , A QB rating of 45.1 , 11/27 , 40.7% completion , 5.9 yards per attempt , considering Carr leads the NFL in YPA with 9.2 im not sure what the problem is here . Seems the offense overall plays lousy to begin the game .
Another Odd stat is hte fact Carr has 7 TD passes . All of which have come in the second half , 2 in the 3rd quarter , 5 in the 4th quarter . Not so sure where to place the blame for the first quarter woes . Is it the play calling ? Is it the O-line ? Are defenses more prepared for what the Texans try to establish early ? Your guess is as good as mine . idonno:

corrosion said:
Not so sure where to place the blame for the first quarter woes . Is it the play calling ? Is it the O-line ? Are defenses more prepared for what the Texans try to establish early ? Your guess is as good as mine . idonno:

You know, I wonder if maybe our approach to games the past two years has anything to do with it. I know then we were really trying to keep the game close going into the fourth quarter.

What I am saying is it seems he is way more relaxed now in the fourth than he ever has been and normally we wouldn't get as agressive then either.

I don't know! idonno:

My guess is THROW THE BALL! Lol. :twocents:

Our offense isn't supposed to keep the game close. That is a fundamental mistake in theory. It is supposed to try to score 1000 pts. and then some and the object is to win, not to tie.

I applaud you HJam72....so right!

We should go into the game with a ratio of 3:1 passing for the most part. That way Carr can get a little rhythm going and warm that arm up for later in the game. Then after having a nice first half up by 14, come in the second half leading but with the mindset that they're under and need to rally up 28 points to tie the game!! :thumbup

Back