Carr's Message to the Fans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by kbourda, Dec 18, 2006.

1. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

While i'm posting on this board I listen to 610. And I heard David Carr wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. He went on asking everyone not to let what he and the team are doing now get anyone down during the holiday. I admit, I have been one of his biggest detractors but I can appreciate him putting all of this criticism in the holiday perspective. Mr. Carr if you read this or anyone that knows him reads this let him know that the Bourda family would like to wish his family and the entire Texans organization a very merry Christmas. Thanks for reminding me to take off my fan goggles off for a second.

2. Toro

Toro Veteran

Sometimes we all tend to forget that at the end of the day, these guys are humans too.

Carr is a class act and a genuinely nice guy.

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

yeah i do like carr as a person but as a player he is not the QB that will make the texans good

but best of luck to carr

4. Toro

Toro Veteran

Yep. I don't hate the guy personally, I just want to see the Texans get to the next level, and I don't think Carr's that guy.

5. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

good point fellas, he's always been a stand up guy.

6. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

Good post. I am one of the last to get off the Carr bandwagon, but I like him as a person and wish him and the rest of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

At this point, I think it's better for Carr and for the Texans to go their separate ways at the end of the season, but I wish Carr the best and hope he enjoys some success in the NFL.

I was reflecting on this earlier in the day, and I thought about Jim Harbaugh, who was drafted by the Bears in the 1st round to be their QB. The fans turned on him, so the team let him go. He subsequently signed with the Colts and one season led them to the AFC Championship game, finishing 2nd in the MVP voting that season.

I thought perhaps Carr could have a similar experience somewhere else and hope that ends up being the case, in large part because I agree with Justice's observation that the organization failed Carr more than Carr failed the team--especially that joke of a former General Manager we used to have. Last year, Pro Football Weekly cited an unnamed NFL source as saying if he were David Carr, he'd sue Casserly for non-support.

Anyway, it was something for me to later see later in the afternoon that Harbaugh was hired today to be the new head coach at Stanford -- right after I thought of him for the first time in years in light of Carr's situation.

Merry XMAS to all!

7. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

He really is as angry as we get at him...................

8. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

So, what you are saying is that next year, we will be sans-Carr and will be the Detroit Lions?

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

David Carr is a great guy, great role model...but as a QB...that's a completely different thing.

10. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

No! I expect we will be way better than the Lions, in part due to improved play by the new starting QB, who will be helped by having a better offensive line and running game...

The Lions will continue to remain pitiful until they get rid of Millen, who I think is even worse as a GM than Casserly.

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I'd love to see some of the Christmas cards sent out by members of this board:

"Merry Christmas - I just wish you'd mow your lawn more".

"I really can't stand how you raise your kids. However, I think you are good people - Happy Holidays".

etc.

Double Barrel and jerek like this.
  12. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Your not supposed to do that .

Texans Horror likes this.
  13. #Ocho

#Ocho Rookie

I've read here that people say that Fresno State never played anybody which is just ignorant. Outside of their WAC schedule they had to play some good teams and they were competitive. They didn't win much but it was fun to watch.

I personally witnessed David connect with Bernard Berrian more than a few times against what was the #7 team in the country named Oregon State under Dennis Erickson, who was an assistant of Jim Sweeney back up north.

They destroyed OSU 63-7 or something like that and I believe a very good Barry Alvarez Wisconsin team learned who Carr and Berrian were.

If I made the highlight reel as being the #1 "JACKED UP!!!" MNF halftime deal, I might have a few other things on my mind, like "Please be open before I get clobbered AGAIN!"

Anyway, Dave would be a good fit on a team that has a competent front office and a team that wants to and has the talent to win. I think Chicago would be a nice place for him to be.

Merry Christmas Dave, Melanie, and Austin!

14. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

Hey--all I'm saying is that I don't want Carr to be our starting QB anymore. I don't have any personal animosity towards him.

15. Runner

I know. I think I need to take a sabbatical from the board or I'm going to end up banned. :)

16. mexican_texan

Sure, let's trade him for Grossman or Orton. He can be reunited with Berrian.

17. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

WHOA u could get in trouble for that!!!! Thats worse then my finger smilie

Texans Horror likes this.
  18. Runner

And posting that on the Happy Holidays thread was the only place to put it on the boards? I thought there were a few other Carr threads today where it might have been appropriate.

19. mexican_texan

True...

Merry Xmas to all...and to all a---screw it...Carr sucks.

20. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

This is a good post.

Runner likes this.