Carr's leadership abilities

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansSeminole, Oct 15, 2006.

1. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I have come to the conclusion that Carr has no leadership skills at all. I see him in interviews talking and sometimes I am embarassed for our team because its almost like a joke. On the field, he never rallies the guys and makes a statement. I just really dont think we are going anywhere with this QB.

I am watching Gradkowski for the Bucs lead his team downfield. Down by 6. He just scored the game winning touchdown agaisnt the BENGALS, with a 0-5 team. His teamates are hugging him and really letting him take them to the win.

Superstar likes this.
  2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think that much of the Texans fanbase holds a degree in "Wrong Tree Barking" but that's just me.

3. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Sage>Carr.....

today.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

For the love of God--so the DB's can't cover anyone, the RB's can't paddy cake a hole much less hit one, AJ while a great WR still has a hard time knowing a football is to be caught and it is Carr's leadership today. Yeah, OK. Geez, the wrong tree must have mistletoe all over it.

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Look, nobody on the team did anything. No defense, no run game. In this offense, the run is to set up the pass. Without the run, the pass goes no where. Carr has had a pretty good season before this game. Lets see how he bounces back.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Carr didn't get sacked, he got hit, maybe 3 times. we have tightends, & 2 #1 Widerecievers. RBs that can catch the ball out of the backfield, but he didn't get it done.

He stared down AJ on the pass that was intercepted...

but I won't blame this loss on Carr. OUr lack of a running game(OLine, not RBs) made us one dimensional from the get go.

We can't blame the defense....... the field was way too short on each scoring drive. We can't blame play selection.......

This loss lays squarely on the shoulders of our offense.

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

can anyone find any MORE excuses to hate on Carr?

PLEASE..lets get a thread with ALL OF THEM ..

8. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

True

9. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

I'm sure you gave Carr's early season 4th quarter drives equal credence?

10. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

for crying out loud, it was 34-6 .. Dallas wasn't really worried about us coming back on them by then.. not to take anything away from Sage, but Dallas was in the "don't give up a quick score mode" (if that at all)

11. TPIMP

TPIMP Veteran

To the ONE YARD LINE on the first drive and they couldn't run it in from there! They failed to convert 3rd and 1 three times trying to run. That is not Carr's fault.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

exactly.. Sage's stats are "GARBAGE stats"

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

if I recall Carr led the Texans to the one yard line early in the game but NO running game could get them in.

14. sleepwalker

sleepwalker Veteran

This loss had everything to do with absolutely no running game...To try and say that it was Carr's responsibility to lead his crappy-talentless offense line to open some holes to run through is ridiculous.

Give me a @#$@#% break.

15. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

Please. With any other quarterback Dayne and Gado would have like 10 yards per carry. Carr has the motivational skillz of Eyeore :sarcasm:

16. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Ummmm DUHHHHH? The one yard line on the opening drive where an even half way competent rushing game would have poked it in. Care to play again?

Anyone that doesn't point to 19 yards on 14 attempts as the great failure of this game is a moron.

17. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

i agree 100%

18. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

And here we go...........................

19. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Let me try to end this stupid thread...............David Carr was your leading rusher today!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey lets not forget the balls that Andre dropped today, I am tired of him going under the radar, MAKE A PLAY WHEN YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU!, NOT just jump balls and wide open balls, catch the hard ones, SICK AND TIRED of watching him drop balls over and over.

This is a stupid thread, talk about stuff that makes sense! Critique all you want BUT Carr has NOTHING TO DO with the run game after the ball leaves his hand into the RBs.

We need a running back now NOT another 300lbs RB KuBES! Take some draft picks and find a RB! There ARE HOLES AND CUT BACK LANES for the tailbacks, are big guys just stick their heads down in the back of our lineman and grind out yards............CRAP!............. sorry, NO you know what I am not sorry.

20. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Boy, you aren't kidding. With a fanbase so ignorant, does one see why I get in trouble all the time cracking on other posters?:brickwall