Carr's going away party this Sunday....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Bullpen Drew, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

How will you thank him?

2. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

where is he going?

3. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

Well he is McNair's boy so I am not to sure this is it.

4. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I will not be there as I am headed for a cruise the next day. I did not boo him this past Sunday and have never done so at the game. I do want him to play well as his play does impact our team positively or negatively. Furthermore, his play will have an impact on his perceived value for any possible trade offers, that is if anyone is interested. Carr playing well is a win win situation in my opinion, always has.

5. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

by giving him another year here at 4-5 mil:neener: :sarcasm:

6. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

I am going to say he might be the Lion's QB!

7. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

the lions will draft brady quinn most likely.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The smart move would to not take him, but they will. They will have so much money tied up on the offensive side of the ball they better be the Greatest Show on Turf II.

9. The catch 22 is that we call it a day with the Carr era and draft a rookie QB in a draft class that isn't all that special and try to make this rookie QB the next Vince Young, putting all of our hopes into him while trying to ease feelings of VY lovers because we didn't draft him. We draft a QB in the 1st round while neglecting other needed areas. Or we can stick with Carr if he finishes with a strong game against the Browns and finish 6-10 (exactly where I pegged them to finish this year), build up on this team that finishes on high note. We then draft in needed areas CB, OL, S, etc... and take a QB late in the draft that fits our scheme. If Rosenfels is as good as people were making him out to be this year, then there is no reason to reach for a QB this year in a weak QB draft class.

10. VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent Rookie

Give him Boob McLoser's *** - he's been hanging on it for the last five years!

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If there were any organization I could understand a QB refusing to play for..... It would be Detroit. There has not been one QB to make it out of Detroit...... not one, ever.

Even if the Almighty Vince Young would have gone to Detroit, his career would have been over before it started.

12. QB75

QB75 Veteran

I hope that you prove to be right.

13. VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent Rookie

WHY would Detroit want Carr? He sucks more than they do...

14. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

I will remember the leap against Jacksonville, the 2nd half against Minnesota and the Dallas game in 2002. But mostly I'll reflect back on the 5 years of incompetence and all the games that he lost for us by turning the ball over, making dumb mistakes or simply not making any plays. I think we will feel a huge sigh of relief in this city when the David Carr era officially ends.

15. ROCKY

ROCKY Rookie

Maybe ill get him something for his home, as he will be here for a long time to come. Then I will have to hand out a bunch of towels for the haters to cry on.

:tease:

16. Roughnecks

Roughnecks Veteran

I don't get it we could very well go 6-10 after a 2-14 season last year and people still have it out for him. I understandhe made some mistakes this season but not untill the oline got injuried. Yes he should still be able to play good regaurdless but after 5 years of getting beat up and getting up it might still be in his head but I think it he is getting better at adjusting. We saw what happen when he had time to step up in the pocket and throw. I am not going to try and change anybody's mind I do not have the time or energy to do the impossible but I really think he and the team turned a corner last Sunday. If you do not agree well I really don't care but he did lead this team to it's first win aginst the Colts like it or not if he does not manage the game like he was suppose to if he does not make that throw at the end of the game the Texans don't win and for some of the fans on this MB not to give him some credit for the win is a shame and I will not give a second thought to their reply's for the simple fact that all they are are Carr haters and can not give a person their due even if it was for one game.

17. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Rookie

Holy run-on sentence Batman.

Look, just because somebody sees Carr's faults doesn't make them a "hater".

18. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Hopefully the Texans will thank him by trading him...It will do all of us a favor.

19. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

HAHA that was too funny! Mix in a comma or something!!

20. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

Sheesh. Even in the face of total defeat & disappointment, you guys won't let it go. You guys are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Carr will be here next year.

As far as, how I will thank him? I'll cheer him on, because he'll still be a Texan, & I'm a Texan's fan.