Carr's chance for salvation.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansBull, Oct 11, 2006.

?

If Carr has the game of his life and beats the Brokeback boys, what will you say?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2006.
  1. I am satisfied for the rest of the season. See me in the offseason.

37 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. My hate for Carr is worse than the hate for the Cowboys and he needs to be replaced.

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. My man love runs deeper. Am I supposed to feel this way?

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Other-post at bottom

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

Not to make this a Carr thread, but with as much hate most Texans fans have for the 'girls, I have a question for the Carr Haters, the ones with their vote still out, and any others.

If Carr wakes up on game day and turns into Manning, Young(Steve not Vince...), Montana, or whomever and has the game of his life to pull out a W, at that point, and not waiting for the rest of the season to play out, what will you say?

1. I doubted Carr, but I am all cured for the rest of the season.
    2. My hate for Carr runs so deep not even beating the Brokeback Cowboys will make break my opinion.
    3. My man love now runs deeper. Am I supposed to feel this way?
    4. Other-post at bottom

Lets have a little fun with this. Things might be tense until Sunday.

2. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

if someone picks 3 i will be terrified to come back to this message board

anyways.

i'm satisfied with carr, and i will be for the rest of the season, hes got great skills, and im sure kubiak will make him a consistant player. as of now i really like what i see, but we'll see at the end of the season, but im sure that carr will have a great career as a texan, and will retire as a texan

3. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

I'm happy with Carr right now. If they beat the Cowboys it's only icing on the cake. I honestly believe that this team is on the way up and will see the conference finals before the girls will. I know we have parity in this day and age but I think once everything settles down, and Kubes has something to work with, the Texans will suprise the ***** out of a lot of people.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Weird choices, I don't want to choose any of them...

Maybe a "I'm satisfied with Carr at the moment, and think he has great potential, lets see what he does in the rest of the season"

5. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

Yea, maybe I was a little too creative and had too much fun making them.

I didnt mean for anyone to take them literally. If you choose the third one doesnt actually mean you are part of the rainbow coalition. Thats why I put "other" up there and just post at the bottom. Have fun.

6. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I am extemely worried about the LT position. Some have similar feelings about the RT position. I'm more worried right now about having a healthy QB after the game. They are very physical and get away with a lot.

I hope the back, be it RB or FB, knows how to pick up the blitz in this game otherwise they will make mince meat of Carr. I certainly hope Kubiak proves me wrong, but I have an extemely bad feeling about this game. He keeps talking about suiting up only 7 O-linemen for this game. Ahhh, we aren't that strong coach and we have a lot of injuries in the O-line. Aren't at least two of them coming off of injuries? To me that sounds like asking Carr to take hemlock.

7. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Where's Vinny? Just joking.....

8. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Actually this is a game we should start Sage. I know it sounds crazy, but it would change the nature of the game defensively. They are basing their defense on the tendencies of Carr so give them a different look to start with. We have to do something to upset Parcell's game plan.

9. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

I really like what i'm seeing from carr this year and i really think if he can be consistent the whole year, we'll be seeing him and AJ rep the TEXANS in the pro bowl. Regardless of this Cowboys game, I'm sticking with my boy. I know if we do lose this game, all the Carr haters are really going to get their kicks on saying it was his fault regardless, so i'm just preparing myself to hear the negative bull#### from these individuals.

10. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Carr is my favorite player next to DD if he has the game of his life against the cowturds it wont be a surprise to me because i always thought when he gets a legit shot he would shine.

11. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

I wanted to take the man-love for DC a lot further but decided I'd just be happy with beating the local Cryboys and making The Human Headline, T.O more frustrated for 1 extra week just to see Jerry realise that he shouldn't have taken a punt on T.O. with a declining QB like Bledsoe...

12. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

I don't like your poll. Why do I have to have "man-love" if the other alternatives don't fit my opinion?

Are you saying that a man would have to be gay to like the play of David Carr so far this season?

13. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

?????

14. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

"Carry that through the rest of the season Carr."

15. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

At the end of the day it's another W, and I would just want him and the team to keep building on it and getting better.

*I'd still rub it in the face of other Cowboys' fans though. :yahoo:

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'd say I told you so....... I always knew he could do it.

Honestly, I'd say I'm pleased with his progress, hope he keeps it up.

Now, if he does something like that scramble at the end of the Eagles game, but it actually works, in a come from behind Victory..... I'll say I want to have his baby.

17. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

You know, might not be a bad plan, but it would only work for a short while. And it definitely wouldn't be fair to Carr after the year he has had so far. Might shake them up in the middle for awhile somewhere, maybe just enough to throw them off balance.

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

My sentiments exactly. And nobody has had more uncertainty, really less talented and/or inexperienced players protecting his blindside than Carr has.
    I rate this as the 2nd toughest challenge Carr's LT will have this year (the first being against Freeney at his home in the Indy Dome).
    I hope Kubiack is not making a mistake keeping Chester at guard instead of moving him back to LT where he's started for us 2 whole seasons and part of a third. Continuity and all that good stuff is important for a teams interior line, but I don't think as important as protecting the QB from a real beating.
    Salaam may be experienced, but talent wise he's gonna be way in over his head against DW. I just like our chances better (and more importantly Carr's
    chances) with the younger Pitts at LT.
    If we get behind early (which I expect) it could be brutal, and I honestly would have no problem with Carr faining injury. He's more than paid his dues
    with all the beatings over the years because of inferior OL protection.

19. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I will begin to slightly like him.

20. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Man love will run deeper. :spy: