Carr will get blame for O-line disasters

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Sudds, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Sudds

Sudds Rookie

Go on haters...keep blaming Carr for everything. You never seem to mention anything but Carr. His O-line for 5 years has been horrendous, absolutely horrendous. His numbers today are indicative of his poor line play. Period. Point to Carr's stats all you want, but Kubiak recognized the line was in trouble and modified the offensive play calling.

bah007 and texflex513 like this.
  2. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

EEEEEEEEGGGGGxactly!!!!! Dayne was running very well so why submit your QB or any for that matter to hard hits and pressures.

3. AndreRulz

AndreRulz Veteran

Hopefully we go get some linemen.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

If you want my opinion on it, you can read my other post.. but......

Carr is flawed.. he has many bad habits that carried over from his time under Capers, and I think we will be wasting our time, and hurting this team, if we stick with him till he gets over them.

I like Carr, but I think this team would benefit alot more from replacing him, rather than keeping him.

Also, you see alot of QBs step up and make plays when things get tough like that.. that is what makes a good QB.. he carries his team when things are going bad, and keeps them from digging themselves into a hole. Carr has done that before, but more often than not, he is sucking right along with everyone, and many times he specifically has made big mistakes at the worst times.

We are sitting on one of the best QB coaches in the league, and im thinking that we are wasting his talents by trying to make Carr into what he could have been had Capers not wasted his talent. I hate to do it, I really do, but for the good of the team I think we need to draft a quality QB and let Kubiak start from scratch with an unblemished prospect.

5. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Osama Bin Carr is always to blame. He had a bad game this week, yet he had a bad game last week?

Carr has had only 2 bad games this year, but Carr haters are jealous of his life so they just hate.

6. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

finally ppl that arent stupid ive been tryig to state that for sooooo long but people dont listen. he got drilled everytime he fumbled. how can u expect him to hold onto the ball whn you got guys 250 plus spritin full speed and blind sding u??????????????

7. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

1: Step up into the pocket and you wont get blind sided

2: hold onto the ball

The oline isnt great.. thats for sure.. but not every great QB has a great Oline, yet they seem to be doing alright.

8. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I dont think the first fumble was a fumble, but oh well.

He needs to work on it because other QBs are getting hit by 250+ guys as well.

9. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

i find it hard to believe that the o-line can be the scapegoat for 5 yrs out of 5 yrs. the one constant has been carr. somewhat of a coincedence?

10. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

The Cowboys had a terrible line before Romo started playing. The Titans has a terrible line before Young started playing.

QB's able to avoid the rush and buy more time in the pocket means a lot.

11. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

he doesnt even really get a good 3 step drop before he is hit most of the time he is dropping back and is hit by lkike 3 guys up the gut or 2 guys 1 from each side wiston sucked thats for sure nough said

12. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Like Carr or not, you must admit that Carr plays as well as the o-line does. When all starters were healthy and the line played well, Carr played well. Now that injuries have mounted and the o-line play is getting worse, Carr's play is getting worse.

texflex513 likes this.
  13. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

i couldnt agree more. not to stir the pot or anything, but has anyone paid attention to v-yeezy lately? :stirpot:

14. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Yeah, it's someone else's fault that Dinkin' Dave fumbles everytime someone touches him. And it's someone else's fault that he can't throw the ball downfield and has no pocket presense and that none of the players respect him. It's always someone else's fault but Dave's.

Look, no one is jealous of Carr's good looks or his lifestyle or whatever. We just recognize that he is not a very good NFL QB. He was good in college and high school, but not in the NFL. He's a good christian, but he's not a good NFL QB. He's a good person, he's just not a good NFL QB. All we want is a player, at the most important position on the field, that can lead it to wins.

15. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Give me one GREAT QB with a bad line.

16. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Romo.

17. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

sorry but today was the day i switched sides on Carr because it was the first full game ive watched...i agree the fumbles aren't all his fault- its the way he makes the short read and 95% of the time will throw to them even if he doesnt have that much pressure on him- you could see today that alot of times oakland knew what was coming and didnt respect the long ball at all which kept the whole defence compact in

18. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

1. romo is not great so release his genetalia.
    2. dallas's line is light years ahead of ours.

19. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Yep he handed off to Dayne so he gets the assist .

20. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

ESPN wont release it. One more story on Hom...er Romo and Im going to shoot my TV