Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr unlikely to practice

texan279

Hall of Fame
LINK

Quarterback David Carr, who reinjured his sprained right ankle in Sunday's win over the Jaguars, will probably be held out of practice on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Texans' coach Dom Capers told the Houston Chronicle he expects Carr to return Friday and participate fully in that practice.

How many Practice's does he miss for firing his helmet on the field.

We are finally getting some recognition for how good Carr is. It is well earned. But I would like to here a little critism from the fans on this. I'd rather here it from you guys that care about the team then a Jags or a Tacks fan.

Ranger98 said:
I mentioned this a little in the Post Game Analysis thread. I think our young offense showed some Jeckle and Hyde maturity in this last game. There were several things our young offense did that didn't get heavily criticized besides Jabar's fumble due to the win. I pointed out that the helmet throwing incident cost us a shot at a makeable first down,TD or FG at the very least which could've put this game on ice (i believe).

However, in today's Chronicle, Capers said that David Carr apologized to the coach and to the ref which provoked the ref to tell Capers "You have a classy quarterback." That to me is the other side of the maturity. Let's hope that goes a long way.

i personally dont think anyone can get mad at carr for doing that even though it cost us yards. When they make it such a big priority of protecting the quaterback now days and the refs blow a call like that it will get ya a lil rowdy ! He was doing fine and now look he misses half of his practices this week because of that cheap shot !!!!!!!!!!

Bummer....and Carr is really going to need that mobility against the Broncos. They've been cramming the middle. That's how Vick exploited thier defense this past Sunday. I hope he heals up rather quickly!

Ranger98 said:
Of course it was wrong, and it likely cost the team 3 points. But, Carr's display of emotion did energize the crowd ( which had gone a little flat after the AJ fumble). The defense fed off the crowds energy, and that was the ballgame. Sometimes the QB has to show some emotion.

Lucky said:
Of course it was wrong, and it likely cost the team 3 points. But, Carr's display of emotion did energize the crowd ( which had gone a little flat after the AJ fumble). The defense fed off the crowds energy, and that was the ballgame. Sometimes the QB has to show some emotion.

NO it wasnt wrong ,,,what was wrong about it was no flag on the late hit ! And i do agree it gave the crowd energy and pupmed up our defense .

Lucky said:
Exactly, I was pretty excited to see Carr react with some emotion. I got pretty tired of seeing him walk off the field after an INT or 3 and out with that little smile on his face.

Ranger98 said:

We are finally getting some recognition for how good Carr is. It is well earned. But I would like to here a little critism from the fans on this. I'd rather here it from you guys that care about the team then a Jags or a Tacks fan.

Actually im kinda glad to see DC show some emotion . All he's ever shown is cool , calm and collected all the qualities you could ask for from a QB .But this isnt a nice guy league , its the NFL . Full of the biggest baddest meanest players in football . In this league "Nice Guy's" finish last . I want to see that "Killer Instinct" that was missing from so many games last year . Had they shown that last season they woulda won several more games. (Tennessee , Indy and New England come to mind ) :twocents:

No More Mr. Nice Guy

I like the emotion but it cost us points and killed a drive. There is a slim margin for victory each week and we can't give up any opportunities.

I'm sure Carr learned his lesson like Gaff did though.

I didn't know about the apology. And it's classy. I have a fundamentalist belief that Carr is classy through and through. Looks like we have some slightly different opinions. I hope Carr continues to be an emotional leader and that both he and J.G. learned from taking points off the board this week. Cheap lesson given the win.

Lefty was injured in our game. At the time I talked about injuries showing up after the half. In this case they hid it, but now people are aware of it. The game is a tough one and injuries are the norm rather than the exception. I believe Carr is having more problems than we know. I point to the fact that he was trying to heal this injury during the bye week. Apparently, its a lingering injury and hopefully not chronic. Wiegert also spoke of it a week ago and said it was nice to have David back at practice once again. If we loose David we will not be the same team. I think its just a matter of time before he takes a hit, unfortunately.

Ranger98 said:

Well, when something like that costs you 15 yards, it definitely hurts. And I can definitely say that if anyone else on our team did that, they would be getting a lot of heat for it. It's hard to critisize your starting QB for getting emotional, especially because you know that he won't do something like that ever again. Plus, he was taking off his helmet as he was being walking off the field due to injury. That's a pretty borderline call. Carr is an intelligent guy. He learned his lesson and isn't going to do that again.

Back