Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr traded to Oakland? (Unfounded rumor)

That type of logic drops my jaw to the floor. With CJ and AJ as WRs, it would be a matchup nightmare for any defensive coordinator. You'd have to double up on both WRs.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have both AJ & CJ. I just don't think trading all the way up to #1 overall to get CJ is the way to get it done.

I truly believe that the 2004 season was still dancing around in the front office peoples' heads. I believe he had like 3500 yards a couple more TD's than Int's and a decent record, so where does all that just go? Also let's face it, we men never like to be wrong about anything:bigboss:

he did not have a decent record. banks won two of those games and was partly responsible for a third. Do the math and you realize that Carr only won 4 games that season. If that is a decent record, well then you really need to readjust your expectations or remember your history. Bottom line is that the best QB we have ever had was Banks. Yes, it is sad, but the facts backup these facts.

Carr had a decent 3rd season but still not good enough to warrant a franchise QB contract. His 4th and 5th seasons necessitate him taking his sorry act to another city. dude is a bum.

this whole rumor is total bulls__t. if the raiders made this move the Raider Nation would spontaneously explode. No team would be this stupid. Carr is worth at best a 5th round pick due to his contract. If he reworked his deal (which his brother Hulk said Carr would never do) he could be worth as much as a 3rd rounder. Our best bet to trade Carr is to trade him for another overpaid underachiever (moss and roberty gallery come to mind). No one wants Carr's sweetheart contract that McNair authored for his cabana boy, Carr.

We will be lucky to get anything for him and its looking more and more like a June cap casualty ala McNair. Our fans have shown much patience towards Carr so I don't think we necessarily have to have a long term solution in place this year. This means we don't have to move up to get Quinn or overpay for a franchise level QB like T. Green.

as long as we don't have Carr behind Center, I am fine with whatever the franchise decides. Addition by subtraction.

Those are some BIG words dude!

BANKS?? Give me a total break! I guess you missed the games when he tripped over his own shoe strings or threw interceptions, just like Carr did. Someone set the man straight. SO BANKS WON TWO GAMES...? I was under the impression that the WHOLE team won those games.

Now let me get this straight, when Banks or any other QB wins a game, they are considered a WINNER. BUT, when CARR wins games, it was the team around him and not anything that he did. RIGHT? I just wanted to clear that up.

you can try and put words into my mouth, Dr. Phil. I am fine with that. If you want to get nitpicky and change 'won' to 'started' that is fine, but I had assumed that we were all smart enough to forego the semantics and just point out that Banks had a .500 record as a starter behind the same line, same coaching, same everything. carr was 5-7 as starter that 'glorious' year and played like total garbage the 2nd half of that season. then we get 2-14 the next year and this year we managed 6-10 in spite of Carr. We overcame Carr to win 6 games this year. The games we won tended to be games that Carr wasn't asked to do anything at all. When we would ask Carr to do something that would be when we would lose.

Everyone acts like the 7-9 year was some feather in Carr's cap. Hardly. We actually were 4 or 5 big plays on offense from being 10-6. But Carr could never get the job done and finish. Its been a tailspin ever since...we need to pull out

If I only played 2 games and won one and lost one I'd have a .500 record too. That means nothing. You can't compare a whole season, different games, different players, different defenses, different game-plan to the games that Banks played it. NO WAY. I'm not buying it. He was a great guy to have on the team, but no way better, no way.

I can take those same stats you are quoting and twist them to make my opinion look right too. So we don't agree....period.

:cool: Last queston: Where did Banks go and play after he left here? I can't recall? OH ya, nowhere.

Sad indeed since he performed better for less money behind that line..lol..oh I forgot..different defenses, etc. Dear Lord.

If I only played 2 games and won one and lost one I'd have a .500 record too. That means nothing. You can't compare a whole season, different games, different players, different defenses, different game-plan to the games that Banks played it. NO WAY. I'm not buying it. He was a great guy to have on the team, but no way better, no way.

I can take those same stats you are quoting and twist them to make my opinion look right too. So we don't agree....period.

:cool: Last queston: Where did Banks go and play after he left here? I can't recall? OH ya, nowhere.

Banks played over a span of 5 games not 2. Also wouldnt you think it would be harder for a backup to step in and perform than knowing you were the starter? banks had everything going against him that Carr supposedly did, and he managed to overcome it. All I ask is that you go back and look at the games in the 2nd half of that season when Carr came back from injury. Look at how the season played itself out. The writing was on the wall even back then and it all played itself out the following year at 2-14. And my post history shows that I was talking about this whole thing way back during the supposedly glorious 04 season. Sadly, I am posting the same things about Carr that I was posting back in 04...and nothing has changed but now more people agree with me. same deficiencies, same inherent flaws in his game, same inability to burn the blitz, same inability to throw short over the middle, same inability to make progressions and not just lock on AJ, same inability to display good footwork in the pocket, same inability to inspire and make the players around him better.

drafting Carr is in the past and the mistake was made. but until we admit it was a mistake and move on, we will never turn things around here.

he just doesnt have it and never will. you have to make plays and its not always a perfect situation. he has never shown the ability to do this on a consistent basis.

carr is just a bad NFL QB. its that easy. that sound you dont hear is the sound of the Texan's phone not ringing. no one really covets him and anyone that is even considering him knows that they can get him as a Free Agent after the June deadline unless we just hold pat and keep him around another year, but that is looking less and less likely daily. The act is just getting old. its frustrating and I just want the team to start fresh. we never built anything so its not like we are in rebuilding mode. we just need to start a new era..to begin anew...whether that means drafting Quinn and grooming a new QB or drafting defense and trying to 'Chicago' our way into and through the playoffs. at the end of the day I am fine either way. i have survived 5 years and it has only made me stronger.....and poorer. I feel like a damn Cubs fan....

No, I don't hear the phone ringing, but my names not Mr. McNair either and last I heard, they aren't sharing!!

You will probably get your wish to have a new start, but DC will get one too and we'll both sit back and watch won't we? The fact is NEITHER one of us knows just how that will turn out. Do we...I just wish him the best, and by no means will I ever or would I ever call another human being a "bum". You are entitled to do as you wish. :)

he's been a bum for us, that is all i am saying. i hope he does well wherever he goes. last time i checked he has given back to the community and hasn't tried to 'make it rain' or some other stupid narcisistic garbage. we just need to start expecting more from our leaders and start holding people accountable for their play regardless of excuses and rationalizations or public relations concerns/saving face.

either way, you are right that neither of us know what the hell is gonna happen except that DC probably wont be the starter. even that is probably only 60/40 in favor him actually not being on the roster come June.

i just look forward to a time when The Bullpen has topics like 'Mario will crush Peyton come Sunday' or 'DeMeco demolishes Young in Tennessee' instead of the zombie like procession of 'David Carr Sucks' or 'I Love My Carr' threads. When I go the STL Cardinals forums and post on my beloved team's forums the topics are just so much more positive and possess such great comraderie. We criticize and support our players but its almost always nearly a consensus one way or the other (except for LaRussa...he is as divisive an issue as Carr is). This whole Carr debate has been really strong and hotly disputed for about 24 months now and the VY/Bush/Mario thing only fueled the flames further.

I hope it is all coming to an end though. I think we all just need a little taste of success here as Texans fans....and I think we are starting to get on the right path

Go Texans

I guess you missed the games when he tripped over his own shoe strings or threw interceptions, just like Carr did.

So if I understand this correctly you admit that David trips over his own shoe strings and throws interceptions.

If we find that level of play unacceptable from Tony Banks at a bargain price why would anyone be surprised that nobody wants to see it out of the expensive starter?

It only works one way.

...maybe Carr will be Banks team mate again, soon

but you are in cap hell when it comes time to extend CJ, and drafting a WR in the first round still doesnt fill your bigger needs at offensive line and in the defensive backfield. i just think it would be a mistake...you guys have your opinions about other things and i have mine about this. your offensive line is in ALOT worse shape than your WR's.

Word

Nice post.

My sources tell me that the Raiders are offering Randy Moss for David Carr. I don't know where you got the Carr & #8 for #1. Then the Raiders would target Calvin Johnson, not Houston. The Raiders want to pair Carr and Calvin Johnson, I posted this information on my blog about 6 hours ago.

Carr to Bears for future 4th round pick. I just read it on an "unspecified" message board. It's just a rumor. :joker:

My sources tell me that the Raiders are offering Randy Moss for David Carr. I don't know where you got the Carr & #8 for #1. Then the Raiders would target Calvin Johnson, not Houston. The Raiders want to pair Carr and Calvin Johnson, I posted this information on my blog about 6 hours ago.

Our owner would never sign off on Randy Moss. McNair is trying to amass a roster of 53 choirboys.

i personally don't think that carr is going anywhere this season. i think that the texans will draft a qb in 3rd round maybe...carr will play half the season, the the rookie comes in. texans will buy out the rest of carr's contract. i would love to see carr leave so he doesn't have to deal with an organization that doesn't know how to build a team to protect a qb, only destroy ones before they have a decent shot at having a professional career.

this is all a bunch of BS. However if true I would be ecstastic! I would trade down to pick up Gaines Adams/Amobi Okoye and LaRon Landry

The Texans then could trade Moss for a second, or third, which is more than they would have received for Carr straight up, IMO. It seems like the best they could get would be a 4th rounder for him. If they could do this, I am all in. Business is about winning, and this would be a good business move.

You a worse that a 2ned gradre speller.

:joker:

Weeeeeee, Drama. Congrats, you pointed out that I happened to type too fast in that post and omitted the a and the r from the word 'are'... I withdraw my name from consideration for Message Board Poster of the Year, and instead, submit yours...
I truthfully would expect a better response from you, but color me disappointed...

Ooops, I better remember to spel check right now... oh, good god, spell check can't help me now... it wouldn't have pointed out that I typed 'that' instead of 'than'... I am doomed...

Sometimes people are just in a hurry and type fast, McGruff...

p.s. Anyone who doesn't realize that I purposefully misspelled the word spell earlier, please go to the end on the line...

ESPN The Blitz just reported that the McNair and Al Davis are in discussions of a proposed trade that would send David Carr and our #8 pick to the Raiders for the top overall pick. The deal also included the Texans send their 5th round pick to the Raiders for their 6th round pick. The report is that the Texans have their sites on Calvin Johnson. If this trade goes through, it looks like the Texans would draft Johnson to start opposite of Andre Johnson and look to draft Ryan Kalil (USC, Center) of Reggie Nelson (Florida, Safety) in the second round and go quarterback in round 3 (Kolb or Stanton).

ESPN known for having nothing to say and 24 hours to not say it in, I say BS Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak BOTH have said and I will repeat s-l-o-w-l-y for all the ESPN fans..."We are not looking to give away picks, we are looking to get MORE picks"

ESPN The Blitz just reported that the McNair and Al Davis are in discussions of a proposed trade that would send David Carr and our #8 pick to the Raiders for the top overall pick. The deal also included the Texans send their 5th round pick to the Raiders for their 6th round pick. The report is that the Texans have their sites on Calvin Johnson. If this trade goes through, it looks like the Texans would draft Johnson to start opposite of Andre Johnson and look to draft Ryan Kalil (USC, Center) of Reggie Nelson (Florida, Safety) in the second round and go quarterback in round 3 (Kolb or Stanton).

Maverick 1 post, hey isn't your name the same as a Dallas NBA team...I bet he is a Dallas fan trying to annoy us, listen friend call us when you get a REAL GM and a WR that knows the playbook and doesn't have QB telling how to run routes:dance2:

Calvin Johnson?....hmm... that sounds really neat and all..but it smacks of the Lions.

once again, i didnt read many posts in this thread. what smacks of the lions is drafting a defensive lineman (okoye, branch, adams, anderson) again at 8. babin, travis johnson, mario williams ...

i like drafting "skill" players less than anyone but the trade of carr and 7 spots in the first round when we have adequate cap room makes good sense to me. in an ideal world we trade this pick several times to stockpile mid-late first day talent.

I'm ok with the trade, but not with CJ as the pick. If your going to go WR at number 1 overall, he is a franchise WR. We already have a franchise WR. Why draft CJ #1 for him to be a #2 WR?
To take the pressure and double teams off of your #1 receiver. If both your #1 and #2 receiver are in single coverage, that is called a win-win for the passing game.:victory:

I think CJ would end up as the #1 WR in a year or two over AJ. He is as good as AJ no disrespect to AJ. He is just as fast can jump up to get the ball, adjust to the ball but he can separate from the DB better than AJ IMO. Look at the the two WR tandems the Colt, the Bengals look at how good these teams are. This would bring the play on offense up a notch or two with these two guy's playing in this offense if only because they could get rid of the ball quicker.

If they pulled off this trade & didnt take J.Russell I'd be done....Whos gonna throw them the ball??

if I was Al Davis/Lane Kiffin I would take Carr and pick up C. Johnson somehow. Then I would draft TROY SMITH in the second and groom him for a year behind Carr.

I was looking through some Raiders forums and a lot of people were supportive of Carr and thought that he could do better with Oakland if they bolster their O-Line in the draft. There was this link to a site (i'm not sure if it was official) that said Raiders were offering their third round pick for Carr and then they would use their first on Joe Thomas. I would be happy with this but then we would have to draft Quinn and not Landry!

I was looking through some Raiders forums and a lot of people were supportive of Carr and thought that he could do better with Oakland if they bolster their O-Line in the draft. There was this link to a site (i'm not sure if it was official) that said Raiders were offering their third round pick for Carr and then they would use their first on Joe Thomas. I would be happy with this but then we would have to draft Quinn and not Landry!

Feels like WR instead due to burn of Gallery, and if Quinn is taken I still say Kolb in second

scariest thing about CJ is that he played with a bad QB and still tore things up at the college level, imagine if he had a good QB, he would be the best prospect to ever go into the draft

scariest thing about CJ is that he played with a bad QB and still tore things up at the college level, imagine if he had a good QB, he would be the best prospect to ever go into the draft

No that can't be, Reggie Bush is the best prospect ever. Remember? A once in a life time pick. I guess I didn't read the small print......until next years draft

Mr. CJohnson... I know Eric Moulds. I have seen Eric Moulds. And CJ... you are no Eric Moulds!

I'm sure the Charlie Adams and Kevin Walter fan club members would lobby hard to keep CJ out of a Texan uniform because our depth at #2 is juuuuuuuuuuuust fine. :sarcasm:

On the thread and the trade rumor...I can't see the NFL allowing this trade. Al Davis would be institutionalized and Raider nation would burn down the Colussium and perhaps the entire Bay area just for $&its and giggles. :joker:

Back