Carr Trade Discussion

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by wee_man082008, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wee_man082008

wee_man082008 Rookie

I have two questions........I believe the Raiders are after Carr. The question is, what is he worth? Moss could be in the discussion because the Raiders were willing to give him up for a 4th rounder. Thats a possible option but I dont want Moss because of his attitued but thats just me. My personal opinion is that we try to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Carr since we gave away so many draft picks for Schaub. What do you think? My second question is would Levi Brown or Reggie Nelson be a good choice at #10? Because now the Falcons will get LaRon Landry.

2. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

IMO, we should now go after Nelson with the 10th pick. He can be in the situation that Whitner & Dunta were in a whil e back. Carr to the Raiders is a possibility, but I'm not sure if I want Moss here. If he can get his act together, then I have no problem, but IMO he is a underachiever, & he needs to get his act together.

3. Zagen30

Zagen30 Rookie

I'd like for us to get a 3rd round pick (I don't see anyone dumb enough to give up a 2nd, except maybe Matt Millen), but I fear that, with Schaub now in town, the most we can at this point get is a box of Twinkies and a 6-pack of Diet Coke. And I'll take even that.

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

A.J. Feeley got a 2nd rounder.

So, id say a 3rd rounder is "par for the course"..and that a 2nd rounder should not be out of the question.

5. TXurias

TXurias Rookie

I don't think LaRon will be there at #10 but if he is it will be a blessing for us.

6. Zagen30

Zagen30 Rookie

Except for the fact that Feeley had played very little (7 games, 5 started according to here: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235056), kind of like Schaub, while Carr has started almost all of 5 years, and has not looked remotely good the past 2. It's not all his fault, especially 2005, but after last year, especially the last 10 games, I can't see any team saying "Wow, he's performed well enough, has enough potential, and is confident enough in the pocket to be worth a first day pick."

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Oakland looks like they are the top team to take carr.

I think 2nd is out of the question...3rd may even be too high but i dont know

who has the advantage? we need to get rid of Carr because of Contract and Schaub is hands down our starter...carr will not be our backup $$$$ and sage is good. Oakland probably wants carr so they can draft the best player in the draft in calvin johnson...

I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a deal worked out contingent on our deal with atlanta. or at least one near completion....

I would like to see a better pick next year than one this year. Maybe we ask oakland for their 2nd round pick next season. that helps us because of the one we already traded. Oakland has a superb defense and will be better next season imo...Porter,Moss?, Johnson! Carr >walter and brooks. defense is #3 overall....lamont jordan and didn't they get another FA OT??

they aren't going to have the #1 pick in the 2nd next year i wouldn't think maybe 10-20...(i might just be crazy but it'd at least be close to ours next year i would think)

I like that trade a lot better. David Carr for Oaklands 2008 2nd rounder.

then our Schaub trade would essentially be 2007 2nd round pick and move down 2 spots. that'd be a heck of a deal.

If we had the 12th pick in the draft next year (speculation) and oakland ended up having like the 13th...or at least close whereever we end up then..itd be awesome!!

oakland gets david carr! houston gets oaklands 2008 2nd rd pick!!! i hope

8. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

I would be extremely happy with a fourth.

9. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Where did you hear Da Raiders would take a 4th for Moss? Every team in the league would've jumped on that. From everything I've heard, Davis wanted comperable value for what he gave for Moss-1st rounder...
    I ws big on a str8 up trade Carr for Moss, maybe even sweeten the deal with an extra draft pick.

10. MrLizardTX

MrLizardTX Veteran

What would you do if some team offered a 3rd for Rosenfels or a 4th for Carr?

11. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Some of you are going to be really disappointed when Carr is released.

If he didn't have that fat contract that McNair gave him, there might be a market for him.

All I can say is . . . prepare yourselves.

12. Ole Miss Texan

hmm good question. i'd probably ask for next years 3rd for carr. (his contract is too high for a back up) or just take the 4th.

Id then as for a 2nd next year for sage.

I'd then have van pelt as my back up to schaub w/ at best an extra 2nd and 3rd next season...lol

13. Zagen30

Zagen30 Rookie

Good question. Sage is a tough one-the 3rd would be nice, and yet I want him on the team as the backup, as I don't think that there are any better backups currently available in free agency. For Carr, however, I think that's about the best we can get (hopefully it's a high 4th) and we have absolutely no use for him at this point.

14. GoTexans

GoTexans Rookie

i'd be more than happy if we got a third round pick for Carr.

15. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

He'll fetch no more than a 4th, if that.... someone will play chicken with us on this one.

Harrington set the market with a 5th last year... no reason to think that Carr would fetch a third given that and the fact that Texans won't want to carry that salary into 2007.

16. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

With that contract, no way he gets traded. Other teams know that the Texans will have to cut him. They could play hardball and stuff him at the end of the depth chart until some team bites.

17. TexansCM

TexansCM Rookie

I really hope the Texans have a deal in place for Carr to be traded. If not any hopes of a third are out the window after today, and a fourth would be lucky.

18. Ole Miss Texan

exactly. trading for schaub and giving what we did would not be smart unless a deal was in place. we forced to get rid of carr and if no deal is in place...all the other teams are in the driver seat...and we just cost ourselves severely. shot ourselves in the foot.

19. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

in all honesty not speaking as a fan of the texans a fourth rounder would be a fair trade. speaking as a fan i think we would be lucky to get a 7th rounder the way david plays but i think there are still some people around the league that believe in david so it will be easy for us to get a 4th rounder.

20. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Carr's contract was just as huge before the trade. His contract is the reason why he won't be traded. The trade today has no bearing on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.