Carr to the Vikings for a 3rd???

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Jan 23, 2007.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

If the Vikings don't end up with free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia of the Eagles, David Carr of the Houston Texans might be available for a third-round draft pick. Garcia would cost Minnesota nearly $4 million for one year.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/16522412.htm

Now that would be a steal!!!

2. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Pull the trigger before they change thier mind. They must not have watched any film yet, otherwise, they would have to be :drunk: to make that trade.

3. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Make it happen.

4. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

that would be great wouldnt that put us back to back in the 3rd with picks 7 and 8?

5. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Get it done now.

6. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Who is this CHARLEY WALTERS guy? He is just making stuff up? I wish he wouldn't tease me like that if he is....

7. Bert

Bert Rookie

Do it!!!!!

8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't see it happening. Warren Moon got traded to Minnesota for a 3rd rounder.

9. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Who knows. Everyone outside of Houston still assumes Carr has an upside. The Texans need to take advantage of that false assumption. Getting anything for Carr would be a bonus.

10. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I wonder what it's like to spend one's days desperately combing the internet for David Carr trade rumors?

11. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Moon was 52 years old when that happened. Carr is still quite young for a QB and some still think he's not been given a fair shot (this board is a testament to that).

12. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

I feel as if giving up our only quarterback for a third round pick would be flushing our 2007 season down the toilet to be another "rebuilding season". Then when we draft that rookie qb next year, we have the next 3 years to develop. So I hope everyone is patient.

13. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Dump Carr on the Vikings, go after Garcia ourselves :)

14. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

i wuoldnt mind garcia... and then draft a qb to mold and he can learn from garcia thatd be nice..... :stirpot:

15. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

do it....do it....

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Sticking with Carr would be flushing the 2007 season down the toilet and would make it another "pre-rebuilding season".

V Man likes this.
  17. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I caught it .:ok:

18. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

they got sick of stoking those "Carr to Oakland for Moss, Carr to Cleveland," fires. if carr is moved, i couldnt imagine it would be for more than a 4th at the best.

19. cbnjwill

cbnjwill Veteran

get that deal done now!!!!!!!!!!! im amazed by people who say david carr wasnt given a shot here in houston that to me is a joke.. carr has been handed the startinhg job for 5 complete seasons, there has never been a situation in the league where a qb could be so bad for so long and still keep his job. if carr was on any other team in the league his time would have been up before now. carr has been given way too many chances here in houston and its really put this franchise in a bad spot. this past season we had a perferct opportunity with the first pick to bring in a qb, and what do we do give carr another shot. now a yr. later we are searching for a deal for carr, get this thing done and let this backup qb move on

20. srstex

srstex Veteran

I watched Garcia very little, but what I did see was a QB come into a winning season on a winning team and winning. Then in the playoffs they should have been bounced by the Boys and were by the Aint's, oops sorry, Saints, he had happier feet then Fred Twinkle Toes Flintstone, please look at what we have, Sage and Van Pelt, both can MANAGE a game and the system should do the rest. Draft some one to watch and learn before feeding them to the rest of the league. Give the running game a chance at stability, the same guys, same line, same play calling, consistency would be nice. If no-one else was watching Manning,McNair,Brady all played pretty bad through out the playoffs, it was the defense and the running games that came through. Manning threw 3 picks and won ! if Carr did that what would this board say. Look at Grossman, would you want HIM, he is going to the Super Bowl. No QB coming into Kubiaks system can make a huge difference because the QB has a specific job, "Do as I say, nothing more, nothing less". That is why we need a manager, not a game changer. When this system matures, everyone will be on the same page at the same time, and the team will be good.