Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr to bucs/plummer to texans

kubs-elway

Practice Squad
Just a rumor, thought i would spit it out for you guys. Denver would still get 4th round pick from bucks. Rumor says this is being said on houston radio stations

eh, I'm listening and its just stuff they are kicking around from emailers and stuff.

eh, I'm listening and its just stuff they are kicking around from emailers and stuff.

So its just fans emails and they are reading them out loud?

Probably the same fans who would have us trade Carr, this years first, second, third, and next years first to move up to #1 to draft Peterson.

I'm all for Jake Plummer coming to Houston and he obviously wants to or he wouldn't have nixed the deal to Tampa. With that being known, there is no way I give up anything for him. He will not be in Denver next year and he wants to be in Houston, why let any team scare us into giving draft picks away? If teams want to play games, I am fully prepared to wait out the Plummer situation and, if necesary, go with Rosenfels as my starting QB in 2007.

Otherwise deal Carr on draft day for picks and see what you have to work with, Plummer or Sage, from there.

Can someone clarify - is this just callers speculating or an actual media generated rumor?

How about we get the 3rd from TB, and send our 4th to Denver? That would sit better with me, but either way, I would make this deal.

this deal sucks. texans are better off getting a fill in qb to groom a rookie like the oilers did with chandler/mcnair. hell i'd take bledsoe or brooks over plummer.

at least plummer doesnt fumble as much we he gets sacked, they better get kolb in the draft whether they have to trade up or not, i would say kolb + peterson + grubbs or blalock = promissing future offense.

plummer basically wants to go to a team he knew he will start which is why they're saying that. now because of that trade they're going to need to throw a 3rd party who wants plummer which i pray is not houston.

this deal sucks. texans are better off getting a fill in qb to groom a rookie like the oilers did with chandler/mcnair. hell i'd take bledsoe or brooks over plummer.

You haver got to be joking!! Bledsoe is a human statue and brooks...well he coulnt even stick with the QB-less Oakland...

So its just fans emails and they are reading them out loud?

Probably the same fans who would have us trade Carr, this years first, second, third, and next years first to move up to #1 to draft Peterson.
Tons of rumors floating around all over the NFL today on mb's and call in shows...I got a few in my inbox this morning too, but I only discussed one openly since he's been very credible for years.

wow this just in! The Chronicle has reported that we are looking at Jeff Garcia.

sounds like one, bullshi** and two, a pile of shi**.

It wont happen, and if it does it will be retarded for management to land. We have so much dead cap space right now...the only big move will be what we do at #8.

This sounds better to me...

1) Plummer retires and Denver cuts him, he then re-enters FA in order to sign a deal with the Texans. We don't give up anything and get Plummer. The only way Plummer comes to us is if he is willing to take a huge pay cut.

2) Still trade Carr to TB for 3rd round pick.

I'm not a fan of Plummer and I don't think he is an upgrade, but if we get him for cheap and a draft pick I'm all for it.

1) Plummer retires and Denver cuts him, he then re-enters FA in order to sign a deal with the Texans. We don't give up anything and get Plummer. The only way Plummer comes to us is if he is willing to take a huge pay cut.

This is from the chronicle article about Garcia that has already been linked in this thread:

If Plummer follows through with his retirement plans, the Broncos would still own his rights for three years, which would keep him from being reunited with Kubiak, his offensive coordinator for three years in Denver.

2) Still trade Carr to TB for 3rd round pick.

I'm not a fan of Plummer and I don't think he is an upgrade, but if we get him for cheap and a draft pick I'm all for it.
I think Denver might keep him just so Kubiak can't pick him up...
dosen't matter.... Jeff Garcia is a real upgrade over Carr.
That's if the Texans are really trying to land him.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4596957.html
Garcia, who turns 37 this year, is one of the hottest free agents on the market. When coach Gary Kubiak was the offensive coordinator at Denver, the Broncos tried to acquire Garcia but couldn’t pull it off.

“Yeah, we chased him in Denver,” Kubiak said. “I’ve always been impressed with the guy. He’s one tough son of a gun. He makes smart decisions. He’s been productive just about everywhere he’s been.”

610 just said they heard:
carr + 5th rd to TB
TB 3rd to Houston
Houston sends 3rd to Denver for Plummer

So we move up in the third, loose Carr and the fifth pick, while getting Plummer. Do it!!!!!
But I agree, Denver should not be getting a third for Plummer.

Because you saw him play in Detroit and Cleveland.

I am just guessing.

yep...

I'd rather go with a plan of a consistent running game and dominant defense, to be honest. Don't let whatever/whoever QB we have throw the ball more than 15 times a game. Beat the opponent by ball control offense and stout defense. Boring yes, but winning cures all that.

This is just not the year to find good QBs, IMO.

yep...

I'd rather go with a plan of a consistent running game and dominant defense, to be honest. Don't let whatever/whoever QB we have throw the ball more than 15 times a game. Beat the opponent by ball control offense and stout defense. Boring yes, but winning cures all that.

How often did Dan Pasterini (I know it is spelled wrong) throw the ball? I do remeber being in the playoffs a couple of times...

yep...

Thank you, if teams don't move past the 50, they don't score. Our offense does not have to put up 40 pts a game to win, they just have to stop turning the ball over. If we added defensive standouts in the draft and had less turnovers on offense we would be fighting for a playoff spot. We are not going to out score Vince and Peyton, but we can knock their heads off.

yep...

I agree whole heartly ,DEFENCE and srtong running game win championships -wish is what we want right!!:shades:

How often did Dan Pasterini (I know it is spelled wrong) throw the ball? I do remeber being in the playoffs a couple of times...

Prior to 1977 - a lot ( almost always in the top of the league )
after 1977 - a little ( almost always in the bottom of the league )

However, Pastorini was hurt A LOT during his entire stay in Houston.
( flak jackets for QBs were pioneered by Pastorini and he held the rookie sack records until Carr came along )

Pastorini had the most regular season passing attempts of his career in 1978. That was the year they went to 16 games but when you look at avg. per game it's not that much different from pre-78. In '78 he had 23 attempts per game average and pre - 78 his highest per game average attempts was 24.4 so it wasn't that much different.

And even though he got the crap beat out of him, he rarely missed a game due to injury -- only about a half-dozen in 9 years.

A lot of people have the misconception that Earl ran the ball 30 times a game. Earl averaged 20 carries per game in his rookie season. His highest carry per game average was in 1980 (when Pastorini was already gone) when he averaged 24.8 carries per game. Stabler threw a bunch in '80 too with 457 attempts.

Why is my awe not inspired by the possibility of getting Jeff Garcia? :um:

You must not have watched any of the Eagles games after Donovan got hurt.

He'd be a hell of a lot better than Plummer. Talk about awe inspired .. NOT!

You must not have watched any of the Eagles games after Donovan got hurt.

He'd be a hell of a lot better than Plummer. Talk about awe inspired .. NOT!

I don't disagree with you, Marcus.

My only point about Garcia is that I don't think he'll be able to do more with less, either. He's another QB that can succeed with the right team around him, which is the type of QB that Car is, as well (IMO).

The thing with Carr, Plummer, or Garcia is that they can be good game managers, but I don't think they'll be carrying teams on their back. The Eagles were a solid team in 2006, and that, as much as anything, is why Garcia had a good year. Same with Plummer and the 2005 Broncos going to the AFC Championship game.

But I honestly don't see much of an upgrade to the Texans by just adding Garcia or Plummer.

My only point about Garcia is that I don't think he'll be able to do more with less, either. He's another QB that can succeed with the right team around him, which is the type of QB that Car is, as well (IMO).

The thing with Carr, Plummer, or Garcia is that they can be good game managers, but I don't think they'll be carrying teams on their back. The Eagles were a solid team in 2006, and that, as much as anything, is why Garcia had a good year. Same with Plummer and the 2005 Broncos going to the AFC Championship game.

But I honestly don't see much of an upgrade to the Texans by just adding Garcia or Plummer.

I am not a huge fan of Garcia, but that is one tough dude. He has no problem taking a hit while making a PLAY, not going into the Fresno Fall like our current albatross.

I'm just going off of memory here...but wasn't the problem last year with the Eagles that the team started to expect McNaab to carry the team on his shoulders, and when Garcia stepped in, it started to become more balanced (a la more running)?

Pastorini had the most regular season passing attempts of his career in 1978. That was the year they went to 16 games but when you look at avg. per game it's not that much different from pre-78. In '78 he had 23 attempts per game average and pre - 78 his highest per game average attempts was 24.4 so it wasn't that much different.

And even though he got the crap beat out of him, he rarely missed a game due to injury -- only about a half-dozen in 9 years.

A lot of people have the misconception that Earl ran the ball 30 times a game. Earl averaged 20 carries per game in his rookie season. His highest carry per game average was in 1980 (when Pastorini was already gone) when he averaged 24.8 carries per game. Stabler threw a bunch in '80 too with 457 attempts.

1978 is big change in the NFL. Not only because of the schedule, but also the passing rules. When I look at the pre-1978 Oilers, I see far more passing in comparison to what every other team is doing. Meaning it was harder to pass before 1978 and not seen as much.

( 1973 is when Gillman comes on board. Pastorini and Burrough make a name for themselves here in one of the early vertical offenses )
---

Stabler in 1980 was a completely different offense ( the ACE )... gone was the vertical stretch and in with the short passes to the TEs and the running backs ( not Earl though, Carpenter... I don't remember Earl being that great of screen threat. )

Also Carpenter shared the carries load with Earl in 1977 too. ( 144 carries )

Back