Carr situation (realityville)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HeroTime, Mar 11, 2007.

1. HeroTime

HeroTime Rookie

RS says we are bringing in a veteran to challenge Carr:
    Garcia courted turned down because he wanted starter money.
    Ramsey came in would have been a cheap guy to push Carr.

RS says 2 teams called about Carr's availibility and says basically anyone can be had if it makes the team better:
    Force fed a gazillion internet rumors by Dick Justice and Cross Dressing Mclain, which the fanbase buys along with that oceonfront property in Arizona or however the song goes, yet still no trade.

Do we see a pattern here yet?

I want the Texans to win as bad as the next guy so don't call me a Carr homer or hater.

2. DarkNinja

DarkNinja Veteran

Honestly, I'm a Carr hater. If they are going to keep Carr, make him work/practice harder than anyone one the team to prove himself b/c he is not proving anything....you know just like on a REAL everyday job. Hey bring in a special vet QB coach just to tutor him on the field. Make them both play catch in the backyard somewhere. I'm ready to spend my money on a different team at this point....I don't care if he goes or stays.:confused:

3. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

A typical halftime speech in the Houston Texans' locker room goes something like this I bet:

"Hey guys, we're down 34-21. What's that all about? If we're gonna lose, let's do it right. I'll meet you guys back on the field in a half hour so we can get this game over with. I gotta go #2."

4. McClain and Justice are the type of guys that try to make the news instead of reporting it. They've had an agenda ever since Vince Young came into the picture and just won't let up. They will not go out on a limb and guarantee success if David Carr is not the QB of the Texans. So far what has McClain been right about this offseason?

5. Daonly

Daonly Veteran

Honestly I think David Carr will be a Raider. He's a Hometown Guy, Bakersfield Played at Fresno, from California, Being back on the westcoast will do him some good. Raiders fans thinks David Carr will be the next Jim Plunkett. Played on a bad team got drilled to the ground then goes to Oakland to lead them to the Super Bowl. They Need D-line help in the worst way.

So let's offer them David Carr Jason Babin #8, and our second rounder for Oaklands #1 overall their 3 rounder and 5 round picks.

I also see a 3 team trade between Houston,Bucs and Raiders.

Houston moves up and take Adrian Peterson. Dropping Russell and Quinn and Thomas to the Lions and Browns. Lions Take Thomas, Browns Take Either Russell or Quinn.

Bucs Takes Calvin Johnson at #4 and ships him to Oakland for Moss and Okeye drated #8 Bucs gives Houston rights to Jake Plummer.

Draft Trade Recap Results

Houston Recieves: Adrian Peterson #1 Overall. Raiders 3rd rounder, Raiders 5th rounder ship to Bucs for the rights of Jake Plummer.

Oakland Recieves: Calvin Johnson #4 Overall, David Carr, Jason Babin, Houston 2nd rounder.

Bucs Recieves: Okeye #8th overall, Randy Moss, Raiders 5th rounder (plummer).

What you guys think? :wild:

6. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Since Plummer officially filed his retirement papers, I don't think the Bucs hold his rights anymore. That could throw a wrench into this plan.

7. TexansSB07

TexansSB07 Veteran

that Kevin Kolb is his new mancrush, I for one am all for making a list and having a betting pool on who will be Mcclains mancrush in 2008...anyone with me

8. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

i'm with you.

perhaps it will be morten andersen...maybe brett favre...maybe he'll think Hakeem O should give football a shot

9. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

No, if he decides to unretire, the Buccs will hold his rights and I think it's for the duration of his current contract. So, let's say he's got 2 years left on his contract, he has to wait 2 years before being able to come back as an unrestricted free agent.. I THINK. Don't quote me on that.

If that wasn't the case, someone like a Lance Briggs who's pissed about getting franchised would just retire, sit out a little bit, and then come back and pick whichever team he wanted to play for.

10. dvs1

dvs1 Rookie

I'll take Anthony Alridge.

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I guess it's all DC's fault we "usually" give up 34 first half points. I thought DC was better at D than that!!! With D like that, he has no NBA career ahead of him, either.

Silver Oak and freedoggy77 like this.
  12. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

McFadden.....

13. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

rep your way!

DC has his problems but he doesn't miss blocking assignments or let receivers run by him for consecutive td's.

14. Texan_Bill

Not to mention a TD pass with like 9 seconds left in the game to let the Bills win...

15. rascous

rascous Rookie

Not likely. Oakland dosen't have to trade anything to get CJ and TB the same with Okeye. Moss will probably be signed with Green Bay (or someone else ) before the draft. Plummer swears he is retired for now. Oakland might be interested in DC, but if there is a trade there, I just don't see it a 3 way trade.

freedoggy77 likes this.
  16. Texan_Bill

What happened to ALL the talk about this lately? The rumor was hot and heavy for the first couple of days, but lately it seems to have slowed down. Did I miss anything? Has anything changed?

17. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

I like the idea of a trade but if we had #1 I would use it on Thomas or Johnson, not Peterson.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Halftime is only about 12 minutes long.

19. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

See 1st Colts game , see New England game .... yes he has a big part .

freedoggy77 likes this.
  20. Texan_Bill

Him having a big part, is not the same as it ALL being his fault. See Buffalo.