Carr : QB's to fear in the future...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TMac48, May 23, 2006.

1. TMac48

TMac48 Veteran

Just saw on NFL live they asked the question, "What QB's will we fear in the future?" One guy said Matt Cassel, the other said Carr. They said when he's not not on his *****, he can make every throw.

2. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

I love Cassel's story... played maybe two snaps while at USC backing up Palmer and Leinart and gets drafted by NE in the 7th round. Great story.

3. Texans51

Texans51 Waterboy

he can also has the ability to run as well. he's no vick but he can pick up a third and short if needed

4. AtheGreat

AtheGreat Veteran

heard that same kind of thing on 790 on day before the draft. Some guys from espn asked 4 or 5 coaches who is the most qb with the most potential and all of them said Carr. Lets just hope we can keep him upright this year and prove those guys right!:redtowel:

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

yeah...respect feels nice.

6. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

David, psst.. David are you listening? I expect 4,000 this year.

7. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

Carr makes poor decisions, that is his biggest problem.

His athletic ability is not in question and his mechanics aren't perfect but good enough.

Why would it matter if you have cannon for an arm and deadly accuracy if you can't read a defense and throw it to the right guy? Why would it matter if you are not a leader when you are the quarterback and everyone expects that from you? Why would it matter if you can't step up in the pocket to buy a half a second than just sprint out of the pocket? Why would it matter when you don't throw the ball away from time to time when it make sense?

Carr's problems isn't physical, it is mental!

8. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

give him a break, new system

3300 and ill be happy

9. This is funny actually, because all of this "issues" have with Carr can be solved with a good system and a good line, something he's never had.

10. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I've been a DC guy from day one and I defended him when half the board wanted VY. I still think he can become an elite player but as of right now I'll believe it once I see it. The same holds true for the entire team and it's players. Tired of hearing talk about potential and all that b.s.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

It is hard to fathom that we are 32 million into this investment and we are still talking about potential. I mean we're talking about potential. Potential man.

12. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Lol. When you put it like that ... :) I still can't get past the ineptitude of the previous coaching staff and how we really don't know how the hell any of our guys can play yet ... but yeah, I can understand that frustration ...

Honest question though, and forgive me if you've stated it previously and I just don't remember ... if not DC, who would you have liked us to utilize? Abandoning Carr and going either through draft or FA ... Anyone you have in mind?

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

He is our QB and want to leave it at that. ;)

My feeling regarding QB's in general is that one team's garbage is one team's treasure at a very discounted rate. Super Bowl Champions do not have top tiered Qb's making top tier money at this position in the salary cap era.

14. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

They also mentioned that Mario will be on their show tomorrow.

15. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

You are so full of disengenouse BS in your posts. You make it sound like Carr is payed at 10X the amount for starting QBs when in fact he is at about the middle for QB that are starters and on their second contract or extensions. Add to that that you NEVER mention all the amounts that others who have contributed little or nothing are/were getting. You have made it VERY clear you don't like Carr because vertually every post you make is some sort of refference to him and his contract when all your intent on doing is to take a shot at him. If you were truly concerned, you would be contantly harping about a BUNCH of other financial leaks that are much more severe based on play time or acomplishment, but of course that doesn't match up with your agenda. Naturaly you never mention that he never had a line or coaches that could find their butts with both hands.

Texans_Chick likes this.
  16. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

it aint my money. 32 million or 320 million.. as long as he has the potential to be a great QB, then im gonna keep expecting him to "turn the corner".

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

No doubt, Carr is very well paid. One of the best paid players on this team & one of the better paid players in the entire NFL. I feel much better about Carr's prospects under Kubiak though. It's true he can make every throw and he is a physical prototype, but that was never in question with DC. Hopefully with good coaching he can turn the corner. In other news, I heard Kubiak on a 610am sound byte saying the Offense was struggling today. :francis:

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Your agenda is quite evident as well and I would surmise that it is you who is embedded with Carr the person more so than I. My thought process has always been about the position of QB and the value of that position when you look at Super Bowl champions.

If you continue to focus on my sarcastic digs on Carr rather than what I am saying in total then please put me on your ignore list.

19. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

I'll admit, I'm a Carr homer, but that is the biggest issue right there.

20. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

Would you stand in the pocket with the corner stone of the pocket being McKinney? I think our new probowl center will change his confidence concerning the pocket, but remember Kubiak does want him to run actually more than he did. According to the reports, if Carr sees yardage and people are covered, he's to run it.