Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr One Of The Most Physically Gifted QBs?

texasguy346

Mod Squad
Chris Mortensen: (2:41 PM ET ) Next to Vick & possibily Culpepper, David Carr may be the most physically (arm and athletically) gifted QB in the NFL. Letfwich sould be a great one. I just need to see him make that leap forward this season, which I believe he wil

Just thought you'd guys like to see this bit from a ESPN Chat with Chris Mortenson.

ESPN Chat

Another bit from Mort's chat:
Nick Seccco (chicago): Mort, you begged the question... Drafting TODAY... top 5 QB's on your board?

Chris Mortensen: (2:32 PM ET ) I'll play this game X 2...off the top of my head: 1. Manning; 2. McNair; 3. Favre; 4. Culpepper; 5. Brady; 6. Vick (if healthy); 7. McNabb; 8. Pennington; 9. . Carr; 10. Hasselbeck,
Mort must really like David.

Wow...that's pretty high praise form Mort. I honestly believe that Mort has some of the best insight on personnel and teams among the major analysts. It is good to hear this type of commentary on the franchise player, even if he hasn't had the "breakout year" as of yet.

I wonder what Mort's opinion is of Carr's potential and prediction of how his season will look?

Chris Mortensen: (2:32 PM ET ) I'll play this game X 2...off the top of my head: 1. Manning; 2. McNair; 3. Favre; 4. Culpepper; 5. Brady; 6. Vick (if healthy); 7. McNabb; 8. Pennington; 9. . Carr; 10. Hasselbeck,

I know I left out somebody.

Marc(Vega$): Carr over Leftwich? Look what Leftwich did behind a very young and rebuilding team last season. To say Carr is the better QB is absurd. Watch this season.

Marc(Vega$): Speaking of Leftwich and the Jags.. a lot of media prognosticators have high hopes for them. What do you see as the deficiencies on this team that could stop them from being a playoff contender?

Chris Mortensen: (2:57 PM ET ) Not much. Really, it's just Leftwich taking it up a notch, having Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith staying healthy, and rookie Reggie Williams making a contributiion. Their defense should be very good. I know I spoke about the NFC South being tough, but if Jaguars and Texans take big laps up this year, then how about the AFC South coming on, knowing that the Colts and Titans will be strong again.

WHich QB would have been better thier first two seasons starting of in an expansion program as Carr did? The only reason Leftwich did so well his first season was because he had an established running game, a reliable recieving corps, and a strong defense.

Beastlyman2003 said:
WHich QB would have been better thier first two seasons starting of in an expansion program as Carr did? The only reason Leftwich did so well his first season was because he had an established running game, a reliable recieving corps, and a strong defense.

Good point and I agree, but the part about Carr being on eof the most gifted QBs is suprising until you think of it, Carr has one of the most rocket arms in the NFL and ,though most of the other teams dont put to much imphasis on it, he is very mobile and can get good yardage when giving the chance, you know he threw the 1st TD in franchise history and ran for the 1st one also.

I sat down and watched the 19-10 ***** kicking of Dallas a couple of weeks back. Mike Patrick and Joe Theisman made some very good points about David Carr. He shows leadership, he has an accurate arm, and he shows amazing ability at what imporvements he made between his senior year and his first NFL start.

wiley2002 said:
I sat down and watched the 19-10 ***** kicking of Dallas a couple of weeks back. Mike Patrick and Joe Theisman made some very good points about David Carr. He shows leadership, he has an accurate arm, and he shows amazing ability at what imporvements he made between his senior year and his first NFL start.

Where in the heck did you get that tape?? I have been looking everywhere for that!

Back