Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr on the front page of NFL.com

texan279

Hall of Fame
Link

Carr has Texans on cusp of success

By John McClain
Special to NFL.com

HOUSTON (Oct. 28, 2004) -- David Carr's evolution as a bona-fide NFL quarterback can be traced to his improved health, a third year of experience and the terrific progress of the players who surround him.

Carr, the first player drafted by the expansion Houston Texans in 2002, enters Sunday's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars as the NFL's fifth-rated quarterback with a career-best 97.8 passer rating.

Sunday's game features Carr and Byron Leftwich, the Jaguars' second-year miracle worker who has pulled out five victories in the fourth quarter. Carr, Leftwich, Peyton Manning and Steve McNair give the AFC South the best starting quarterbacks in the league.

texan279 said:
.. David Carr's evolution as a bona-fide NFL quarterback can be traced to his improved health ...
And here's to his health staying intact thru the next two games!
Jacksonville has shown us plenty of their dirty side, and Denver's players are getting a bad reputation around the league for causing season-ending injuries.

SassyTexan said:
Jacksonville has shown us plenty of their dirty side, and Denver's players are getting a bad reputation around the league for causing season-ending injuries.

Yikes, I hadn't thought of that.

SassyTexan said:
Here's to the man staying healthy AAAAAALLLLL season...

SteveMcK4 said:
Here's to the man staying healthy AAAAAALLLLL season...
Yes, I agree with you on that. I should have said especially the next two games.

I was thinking of this poll when I said that:
SI Players Poll @ SI.com ..Based on a survey of 354 current and former players. Players were not allowed to vote for members of their own team. Who is the dirtiest player in the NFL?

Rodney Harrison (S, Patriots)..... 15%
Hines Ward (WR, Steelers) ........ 9%
Jon Runyan (T, Eagles) ............. 8%
Dan Neil (G, Broncos) .............8%
Kyle Turley (T, Rams) ............... 6%
Frank Middleton (G, Raiders) ...... 4%
Kenoy Kennedy (S, Broncos) ...4%
John Welbourn (T, Chiefs).......... 3%
Tom Nalen (C, Broncos) ..........3%
Chris Hovan (DT, Vikings) .......... 3%

SassyTexan said:
Rodney Harrison (S, Patriots)..... 15%
Hines Ward (WR, Steelers) ........ 9%
Jon Runyan (T, Eagles) ............. 8%
Dan Neil (G, Broncos) .............8%

Wow, a receiver voted as 2nd dirtiest player in the league. What exactly does Hines do that gets him this rep? I've never really noticed anything, but I don't watch opposing team's wide receivers all that closely unless they make a catch.

Hines Ward plays the WR position with a defensive mentality. He wants to hit the defender before they hit him. He man handles DBs when he run blocks.

Ward is one of the toughest, hardest hitting/blocking WR's ever in the NFL. He will earhole you in a heartbeat.

Back