Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr IS staying...

texan279

Hall of Fame
Per Bob Glauber on Cold Pizza, Casserly told him directly via phone that we will resign Carr because the front office feels he was improperly coached. It was on about 1 minute ago...

texan279 said:
Per Bob Glauber on Cold Pizza, Casserly told him directly via phone that we will resign Carr because the front office feels he was improperly coached. It was on about 1 minute ago...
I think that is a good thing. Carr seems to have good leadership skills and a cannon for an arm. Once he gets put into a good system and has an oppurtunity to make some plays people will change their mind about him. Has Bush said if he's going pro yet?

Runner

Hubcap Diamond
Staff member
texan279 said:
Gary Walker publicly said the coordinators were to blame for this season. Reeves (apparently) recommended keeping Casserly and firing Capers. Pendry started Riley at LT for 4 games and Capers didn't overrule him.

I see a pattern here...

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Anybody see that article in the Chronicle about the Texan players watching Reggie Bush play and being impressed?

Wasn't it funny how they were all talking about Reggie and then Gary Walker says that they should draft Vince? He must really hate David Carr.

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
You can have the fastest CARR in town BUT if you don't know how to utilize it's speed then it's just another car. Here's to better coaching and to brighter days ahead.

SBTexans08

Rookie
tulexan said:
Wasn't it funny how they were all talking about Reggie and then Gary Walker says that they should draft Vince? He must really hate David Carr.
LOL....Gary Walker is a pretty shrude guy at times. I believe however that with the right coaching staff....our O-line and David Carr will improve dramatically. Our ex-coaching staff was a virus to our players. Having Bush in the back field or on the slot will help the Texans offense out a great deal. Casserly had better pick up Bush! Even in Bush's quietest game in a highly anticipated game, he still came out looking like a stud. I'd love that kind of "bad game" in a Texans uniform any Sunday!:ok:

Coach C.

Veteran
The Texans organization is heading in the right direction. Fired Capers and his Cronies, signed Carr, now all we need to do is have a good draft, sign Lecharles Bentley and some other hole fillers, and hire Gary Kubiak, B. Shottenheimer, Dennison, and a nice DC and we are on track. btw Texan Asylum your avatar is likely the second best to TexansCanes on this board.

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
Coach C. said:
The Texans organization is heading in the right direction. Fired Capers and his Cronies, signed Carr, now all we need to do is have a good draft, sign Lecharles Bentley and some other hole fillers, and hire Gary Kubiak, B. Shottenheimer, Dennison, and a nice DC and we are on track. btw Texan Asylum your avatar is likely the second best to TexansCanes on this board.
Hard to compete with perfection!!!

KING_HOUSTON

Practice Squad
Sign CArr...yeah go ahead and give G. WAlker a 8 million dollar bonus while your at it... CArr has had 4 years and hadnt done NADA!!! Im not jumping on the bandwagon..i been on the VY wagon since last year....If you seen the rose bowl last year, you know that Vince was going to win last night..he wouldnt let that happen..He is a Winner..Havent you guys seen CArr this year...He gets scared of his SHADOW!!!..as far as Im concerned CArr is damaged goods, time to move foward and stop hanging on to CArrs Jock Strap!!:slap:

tulexan

Hall of Fame
This was college football.

Wanna know what David Carr did his senior year at Fresno State?

4,308 yards 42 touchdowns 7 interceptions 5 rushing touchdowns

KING_HOUSTON said:
Sign CArr...yeah go ahead and give G. WAlker a 8 million dollar bonus while your at it... CArr has had 4 years and hadnt done NADA!!! Im not jumping on the bandwagon..i been on the VY wagon since last year....If you seen the rose bowl last year, you know that Vince was going to win last night..he wouldnt let that happen..He is a Winner..Havent you guys seen CArr this year...He gets scared of his SHADOW!!!..as far as Im concerned CArr is damaged goods, time to move foward and stop hanging on to CArrs Jock Strap!!:slap:
So u'd like to take VY at QB and just let Carr go for a few draft picks or whatever. Come on man...we're not playing a video game here. And how can u say Carr is scared of his shadow, the kid keeps getting up hit after hit after hit and never wavers. I know he does hold on to the ball too long some times but I believe that has to do with 2 things. One the offense coach and scheme....didn't have this problem in college. Two the number of hits he has taken....think this has just messed up the timing in his head. But he did make one improvement this and that was the # of int's...he only threw 12 i beleive. Carr with Bush and new coach/scheme and he'll be the most improved QB of 06. VY will be good...just not here.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
:challenge If Carr stays he has got to be the leader on and off the field . There has been alot said about this already but this is priority 1 .

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame
Honoring Earl 34 said:
:challenge If Carr stays he has got to be the leader on and off the field . There has been alot said about this already but this is priority 1 .
I think his leadership will only improve once the stiffling effect of the previous coaching regime is gone and a fresh approach utilizing his natural skills is in place. I said many weeks ago that I thought he was reeled in talent wise and leadership wise. He just seemed to operate like he was under someone elses thumb. Well thank the powers that be the owners of that thumb are history.
Hopefully!

MightyTExan said:
Is Walker even going to be here next season?
Yeah i think we have him signed for a few more years. Too much of a cap hit if we let him go. But u never know with the texans....look at all the veteran leaders they let go last year.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Texan Asylum said:
I think his leadership will only improve once the stiffling effect of the previous coaching regime is gone and a fresh approach utilizing his natural skills is in place. I said many weeks ago that I thought he was reeled in talent wise and leadership wise. He just seemed to operate like he was under someone elses thumb. Well thank the powers that be the owners of that thumb are history.
Hopefully!
It does seem like the coaching staff never gave him a chance to be a leader. They never allowed him to call the plays at the line, and when he did for a half, they scored 24 points. But then never was able to call them again.

Hopefully Kubiak can nurture him into a good quarter back because he has success with quarter backs of his style.

KING_HOUSTON

Practice Squad
TXurias said:
So u'd like to take VY at QB and just let Carr go for a few draft picks or whatever. Come on man...we're not playing a video game here. And how can u say Carr is scared of his shadow, the kid keeps getting up hit after hit after hit and never wavers. I know he does hold on to the ball too long some times but I believe that has to do with 2 things. One the offense coach and scheme....didn't have this problem in college. Two the number of hits he has taken....think this has just messed up the timing in his head. But he did make one improvement this and that was the # of int's...he only threw 12 i beleive. Carr with Bush and new coach/scheme and he'll be the most improved QB of 06. VY will be good...just not here.

So what do we do??? give CArr the reigns to the horse for another 4 years, than what??? Young is the guy..youre right this is not a video game...in case you didnt see last night....that was no video game either...vince took over and showed the non-belivers that he is the real deal!!! The scheme, coaches...sounds like excuses to me.....carr is gun shy, hes been knocked around too many times..hes tough, hes earned that..but if you weigh the risk vs. reward, its a no brainer...VINCE IN O6...Come Home Vince!!!!:yahoo:

bigTEXan8

Rookie
I doubt VY comes out this year. He was kind of peeved about not getting the Heisman. It's pretty much his to win unless he rips his achilles right off anytime between now and then. That and I believe he has a lot of loyalty to Mac Brown...so I think VY stays.

jmerog

Waterboy
TXurias said:

I couldn't agree more.

besides, even speculating about young is useless because carr IS staying

KING_HOUSTON said:
So what do we do??? give CArr the reigns to the horse for another 4 years, than what??? Young is the guy..youre right this is not a video game...in case you didnt see last night....that was no video game either...vince took over and showed the non-belivers that he is the real deal!!! The scheme, coaches...sounds like excuses to me.....carr is gun shy, hes been knocked around too many times..hes tough, hes earned that..but if you weigh the risk vs. reward, its a no brainer...VINCE IN O6...Come Home Vince!!!!:yahoo:

you know saw all this woohoo Reggie Bush crap and now we have Vince Young nonsense, Reggie fans ready to toss him out and go with Young...please pick a player or do we wait for baseball season and say boy would that Astros pitcher make a heck of a QB :brickwall

KING_HOUSTON said:
What don't u like about carr....does he take too many sacks for u....or does he throw to many interceptions.....or is it his passing percentage?

I believe Carr is due for a breakout season....if he has DD, Bush, Dre, Mathis and please give him a pass catching TE I could see going for at least 3000yrds 20TD 12INT. I maybe reaching but I believe in Carr.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Straight from the Horse's mouth (through Bob Glauber) as reported earlier in this thread.

Charley Casserly has said that they do not need a quarter back but need a big playmaking running back.

Hmmm... Who could that be? Does Vince Young play running back?

eriadoc

Texan-American
KING_HOUSTON said:
Actually, it's either a two or three year extension, not four. I think what you'll see is Carr getting evaluated next year with improved line play and the evaluation process will be ongoing. If this team has improved line play next year and Carr does not progress, then we'll likely have a high draft pick again and we'll probably see the team draft a QB at that point. If Carr shows progress and the coaches feel that he really is a quality QB, then we're fine and we can get on with the business of winning.

I am in awe of the way VY takes over a game and a big part of me hopes that he returns to school so that if Carr does not progress, VY is there for the taking next year. Regardless, VY doesn't buy a thing at this point and would not win anymore games on this team than Carr has/will. Our 2-14 record was truly a total team effort.

BREAZE

Waterboy
This whole notion that Carr will all of a sudden gain respect and become a leader with a new coaching staff is nonsense. You either have leadership skills or you do not...Carr does not. These last few years have taught us that much and a leader is what this team needs more than anything else...

BREAZE said:
This whole notion that Carr will all of a sudden gain respect and become a leader with a new coaching staff is nonsense. You either have leadership skills or you do not...Carr does not. These last few years have taught us that much and a leader is what this team needs more than anything else...
please tell me what u expected from carr the last few years....his numbers had steadily increased untill this year obviously. He and the offensive cordinator didn't see eye 2 eye and the teams performace suffered. U r a texan fan so might as well be a carr fan because he's not going anywehre. Cold pizza said that Casserly pretty much said they are not taking a QB in the 1rst rd.

The Preacher

Waterboy
tulexan said:
Straight from the Horse's mouth (through Bob Glauber) as reported earlier in this thread.

Charley Casserly has said that they do not need a quarter back but need a big playmaking running back.

If Kubiak is hired I would think the Texans Bush talk is just for show. Denver regularly makes studs out of non 1st talent. Kubiak has seen that first hand and knows the importance of a solid line.

BREAZE

Waterboy
TXurias said:
please tell me what u expected from carr the last few years....his numbers had steadily increased untill this year obviously. He and the offensive cordinator didn't see eye 2 eye and the teams performace suffered. U r a texan fan so might as well be a carr fan because he's not going anywehre. Cold pizza said that Casserly pretty much said they are not taking a QB in the 1rst rd.

I'm saying our QB is not a leader...I'm saying he can not put a team on his back and perform when it matters most...I'm saying he is not a vocal leader. That's a pretty fatal flaw at that position if you ask me.

I'm not saying Carr has not improved and does not have talent. Winning rings takes more than talent. Montana, Brady, Elway, Farve, Namath...Carr?

KING_HOUSTON

Practice Squad
tulexan said:

David get off the computer and go pretend to be Vince in the backyard!!! Uncle Charlie said we need a "BIG PLAYMAKING RUNNINGBACK", Thats the exact reason his behind should have been gone with Dom!!! Its the the ineptitude to judge talent thats got us in this mess in the first place!! To pass on Vince if he comes out..would be an insult to the Texan Fans..and to this city...ITS TIME TO COME HOME VINCE!!!:yahoo:

Honoring Earl 34 said:
DITTO!:ok: I hope the new HC (Kubiak) will give Carr some homework and extra tutoring too! David's contract should state... must put in overtime or give back some of the $$$ I would not put all the eggs in just this basket... bring in some competition for him too!:twocents:

Go TEXANS:redtowel:

CenTexNative

Waterboy
Hulk75 said:
Put it to rest now.
They do NOT need a big time running back either. What IS needed is a line that can actually block long enough to give D. Carr enough to be able to look for a receiver and or open a hole/block downfield for the runnings backs to be able to actually be able to run downfield.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
The Preacher said:
If Kubiak is hired I would think the Texans Bush talk is just for show. Denver regularly makes studs out of non 1st talent. Kubiak has seen that first hand and knows the importance of a solid line.

Maybe if you say it enough times it will come true

KING_HOUSTON

Practice Squad
Hulk75 said:
MANY times Dom has said he is one of the hardest workers on the team and one of the most competative, stop throwing made up crap around this board I am not buying it.
Yeah and we all see where Dom ended up?????

BREAZE

Waterboy
I think its funny that a team that already has a 1000 yard guy with a bad O-Line all of a sudden needs a new RB. We already have our unproven leader at QB so in no way do we even consider the idea of a new one.

I think Bush is freaky good, but I'm just hearing inconsistant reasoning from our fearless GM...

Hulk75 said:
Toss the accusations around, MANY times Dom has said he is one of the hardest workers on the team and one of the most competative, stop throwing made up crap around this board I am not buying it.

If that's true and you believe Dom... where is he now? Just think about what I wrote... he should be held accountable if we give CARR more $$$ I think he could be a good QB but why not challenge him too?

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
Little female input here??! Vince Young looked awesome simply because he had 10 other great players on that field making him awesome. He had so much time to DECIDE what he wanted to do after the ball was snapped, I swear I could have taken a nap!! The entire Texas team deserves credit for that win, not just one young man! Those boys played their hearts out and let VY take all the credit. Yes, he is good, but that was college ball, not the NFL. ONE player cannot carry a team in the NFL, it just will not happen. Any QB would have looked good behind those guys. Give a little credit to the other guys on that Texas team, on both sides of the ball.

humbleone

Waterboy
tulexan said:

When did CC ever say that the Texan's need "a big playmaking running back?"

I do remember him saying the first part of your quote regarding not needing a QB though.

BREAZE

Waterboy
SheTexan said:
Little female input here??! Vince Young looked awesome simply because he had 10 other great players on that field making him awesome. He had so much time to DECIDE what he wanted to do after the ball was snapped, I swear I could have taken a nap!! The entire Texas team deserves credit for that win, not just one young man! Those boys played their hearts out and let VY take all the credit. Yes, he is good, but that was college ball, not the NFL. ONE player cannot carry a team in the NFL, it just will not happen. Any QB would have looked good behind those guys. Give a little credit to the other guys on that Texas team, on both sides of the ball.
You can say the same thing about Leinart, Bush and any other past Heisman winner for that matter...

tulexan

Hall of Fame
humbleone said:
When did CC ever say that the Texan's need "a big playmaking running back?"

I do remember him saying the first part of your quote regarding not needing a QB though.

He said it right after saying that the Texans are not taking a quarter back. Then Bob Glauber said that you can connect the dots on who they are taking.

Hulk75 said:
Why would I not beleive in a guy like that?
Were you there everyday talking to the guys and knowing how hard they work, NO.
So yes I do believe in a guy that so many respect and trust his word.
It would be a little different if the guys rep was bad but it is not.
Hey "I BELEIVE" just like you, but in the TEXANS ORGANIZATION... I prey they will wait as long as they can for the HC to determine how much we should shell out for David! No, I don't have any evidence how hard these guys work, but they do get paid the big bucks! Guess the expectations for my TEXANS are too much for some.:cool: