Carr is Mr Sack. It's all him. This week is your proof.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by lod01, Dec 6, 2006.

1. lod01

lod01 Practice Squad

Sage Rosenfels vs TEN on 10/29/2006: 18-25 186 3 TD/1 INT.

ZERO sacks.

Sage for the year: 27-39. 1 SACK. IF that was Carr, there would be 3-4 sacks. He averages 1 sack every 10 attempts. Why is it that Sage doesn't behind the same line?

Carr this week vs TEN:

I'll fill it in after the game but he will suck.

Carr vs TEN last year, 7 and 6 sacks.

2. joedinkle

joedinkle Veteran

are you really blaming the sacks on Carr? I'm no Carr homer. I think we should build up the o-line this off season, and if he still cant perform, dump him, so there's no carr love in what i'm saying. but seriously. you're blaming the sacks on carr?

3. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Do you really want to go so far as saying ITS ALL DAVID CARR??

4. real

real Guest

I'm not going to go that far....

But I will say that Sage is a better QB than Carr...

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Let us not forget the fumbles which occured after Carrs sacks.:brickwall

6. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

so are you so naive to think that sacks are all the Offensive Line's fault. sacks are a stat that are both the fault of QB and OL. To be honest, in the first 2 years a lot of the sacks were the OL's fault but the past 2 years many have been Carr's.

7. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

How easy is it to sit here and say Sage is the better QB?? Dude, barely played. His sample size is extremely minimal... so its all a guessing game.

You give Sage an entire year behind an O-line that has gotten progressively more injured week after week, and obviously worse in play....and I would like to think he would stink it up too.

8. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

So if you are going off this sample size for Sage...and multiply it to add up to a full season. We have a PRO BOWL QB on our bench??? Exactly. Its such a small sample size, you really can't conclude a whole lot.

I'm no Carr lover, but I can also see that a back up QB Sage Rose would not save this team either.

You can also take sample sizes for Carr from back earlier in the season when our O-Line was more healthy, or during that 7-9 year when Carr had time... he was a very effecient QB,etc.. Doesnt mean that he truly is.

Bottom line for me is when the QB is our MAIN issue.... all our other positions have been solved, and we are basically ready for the playoffs. We were 2-14 last year. We still have a LONG way to go. It wasnt all going to be fixed in ONE YEAR.

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Carefull there Tailgate.... With a post like that you will get labled a Carr Pimp...

People wont read your post and take it at face value. They will railroad you as a Carr Lover or Apologist, rather than looking at some of the good points you make....

10. A Texan

A Texan Veteran

That's the big problem. Everything has always been given to David Carr. He's never had to earn it. And with Rosenfel's superior performance, I would have thought they would have given him more of a chance to prove whether he could do it again. They didn't. It's always been that it's David's job no matter what and they won't even consider anybody else.

11. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Some of the more astute posters (and they know who they are) have been saying for years Carr should get credit for leading the league in sacks. He ranks right up there with Reggie White and Bruce Smith. As for how do we know Sage is better than Carr, umm, because he isn't Carr. I would bench Carr and start Owen Daniels if I had to. I'm tired of watching week after week of total ineptutide at the QB spot. I would rather play pretty much anyone at this point whose last name is not Carr. Heck, I bet even Daniels can hold on to the ball when sacked.

12. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Again, I am NO CARR LOVER. From what I remember... Carr bounced back well from the benching. The Carr critics were silent. There have been a couple of harsh Oline injuries since then as well. Either way... I just put my trust into Kubiak. He is a QB guy ALL THE WAY. Not to mention its only his first year. People like to question him passing up Vince all the time. That will probably turn out to be a mistake....but lets not overlook the fact that we could also have another Julious Peppers on our hands. I will take that. And Demeco... nothing to say there. Owen Daniels, Spencer, Lundy,etc,etc...

A few more drafts like these... and it WILL interpret into a winning team.

Times are tough... and its always the easiest to put all the blame on the QB. Just the way it goes I guess.

texflex513 likes this.
  13. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I guess that would make Rosenfels soft or injury-prone. Apparently, he gets hurt every time he gets hit. Does anyone in Houston remember Chris Chandler?

14. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

From what I recall Carr didn't so much "bounce back well" from being benched as he "bounced back careful". There was no light suddenly coming on and there was no distinctly different David Carr to be seen (not that you're saying that or anything). I'm just thinking it over and I've seen a number of people mention that he bounced back well from being benched and I didn't really see anything to get excited about. It was just the normal ebb and flow of his game in my opinion.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Carr is not a leader that inspires his offensive linemen to protect him at all costs. If you think none of the sacks are his fault, the you've got blinders on. I don't blame him for all the sacks, but he doesn't have the best pocket presence, and hardly ever gets himself out of the grasp of a defender. He certainly never seems to 'feel the heat' of the rush...at least not lately.

He's not a clutch QB, either. He's a guy that needs a pro-bowl line and pro-bowl receivers, along with a dominant defense, for him to be on a winning team.

So the question fans have to ask themselves is if they want a 'Trent Dilfer'-type QB on this team...and, if so, perhaps he should take less money in his contract so the team can afford all that pro-bowl talent to put around him.

16. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

You probably have a point. He didnt exactly tear it up. Just saying... it didnt necessarily warrant a Sage replacement EITHER. If it werent for 2 stupid Cook fumbles (giants, and Bills). After the benching... Carr could have "led" us to 3 straight wins. The numbers werent all that impressive... but neither are Youngs. But they win, and he gets all the credit of course.

Sage very well may have been better than Carr if they replaced him. Again, its all opinions at this point.

17. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Well, most NFL teams do. There are only so many Bradys to go around. And if thats the case... thats what we have to go for. It wouldnt hurt even IF David is the man. But really, besides passing up VY (in the past)... who else is availabel that we could stick back there and NOT need the same thing?

18. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Joe, you were 16 when they started building the line for David. You gonna wait until you're 60 for it to work.

Kaiser Toro likes this.
  19. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

:listening

20. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

They started building a line?