Carr is done in Houston

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This is not a Carr hate thread, I supported Carr for 5 years, I hope he moves on somewhere else, but its time to move on in Houston.

This is a talented team.......let me say that again........this team has talent, we held the Jets to feild goal and were wore down late.......same story different week. Its time for a change, Sage can play and the results will be the same.

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I agree with you. The reason is no longer important in my opinion. It's just time.

3. AustinTexansFan

AustinTexansFan Rookie

Man do I AGREE!!!!!!!!

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I hear Oakland needs a QB. Send David back home.

5. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I was saying this same thing a couple of seasons ago.

6. DomDavis

DomDavis Veteran

This is not a talented team. Not close. We're a very long way from winning, whether it's with Carr or another QB. It doesn't really matter.

7. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

i think carr gets more credit than he deserves bc of his high completion %. that is the most overrated stat on carr's line. how many TD passes does he have? not enough for the amount of completions he has. carr has old habits that havent been broken yet. he locks in on AJ, and if he isnt initially open, then he dumps to the RB. when sage was put in the game vs tennessee....he had no problem finding his WR's and the threw downfield and had 3 td passes in one half. our 2-minute offense is slow and inefficient. i dont really think lundy is the answer, but the run game would be better if we could spread the ball more and stretch the defense down the field. alll the dinks and screens just keep the offense compacted and therefore, its harder to run.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Dude this is a talented team, we are no different from the 2004 Chargers just need better QB play and a RB.

This team has talent

9. mexican_texan

A big difference there is that Brees had to save his job from a rookie. Kubiak has told the media that Carr is the QB. Carr doesn't have to worry about being benched, or at least not losing his job.

10. Osso

Osso Veteran

Carr will not improve any more with the last 5 games to play.....Put in sage and see what he can do.

Please.:lightbulb:

If he does well than carr know he better learn how to be a better qb before preseason starts.

11. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

Don't know what's going on anymore. He's great at the underneath stuff, but we are getting absolutely nothing down the field. Maybe it's all playcalling, maybe it's him being gunshy and not wanting to turn the ball over. I have no clue anymore, the guy puts up a ridiculous QB rating and we can't score. I like the fire Sage showed on that tackle. Until this year I was pretty sold on Carr being no good, he's shown some flashes to and the ability to stay upright, but neither the W-L nor the offensive production has improved.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Veteran

No...the difference is Brees HAD LT. Some are u are just *****s.

13. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Carr needs to go. We need to get rid of that freaking bum.

Carr, you need to take your pretty boy image, your gravy training father, and your 'aww shucks' smile and get the hell out of our city. You are a bum, a stat farmer, and a COMPLETE LOSER.

I have held my tongue long enough. The guy needs to go and now.

Sage better be starting next game or I wouldn't be surprised if the team (as well as most realistic fans) mutiny against this TOTAL EMBARASSMENT that is the Texans.

Carr, you suck.

Doug From The Woodlands

14. mexican_texan

That too. LT wasn't the one that threw all those passes though.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This is what I don't like, Carr is not the answer at QB, but he is a good person and has stuck it out through 5 horrible years.......I honestly wish him the best.....honestly, he has good values and a good family. Seperate football from real life.

Do the Texans need to move on...yes
    Do we need to trash Carr as a person..No

He failed....everybody has failed at one time.

Heath Shuler likes this.
  16. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

What talent do you see out there? We have one playmaker on offense and a couple of rising star players on defense. Other than that, we simply stink. Not saying whether Carr needs to stay or go, but until we have a solid offensive line, more offensive playmakers, and a secondary that can cover someone, it won't matter who is taking snaps...

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

nice Carr bomb.. I agree with that, I think people forget that friends and family (from all ages) come on this board.. and the personal attacks IMO are unwarrented

have to take a rain check on the rep until it gets spread around again.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I'll say this, besides the injuries on the OL, this is easily the best talent we have accumulated on offense at the skill positions.

AJ,Moulds,Walter,Putzier,Daniels,Gado,Lundy,Cook and Carr.

19. DomDavis

DomDavis Veteran

This is a talented team at the SKILL POSITIONS. This is one of the worst teams I've ever seen up front. There's not a quarterback in this league that could take this team to the playoffs - or even a winning record - until there's better protection and a running game, and that starts with the 5 guys up front.

20. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

Maybe Texans are shooting for the top of the Ping Pong ball. Not a bad strategy all we need to do is loose our next 5 games and I am sure we will in contention for the top pick again.

It is just so frustrating being a Texans fans these days with the bone headed play. In the first half defense played very well but our offense simply let us down again. I am sure this must of had a bad effect on the defense in the second half. In ability to move the chains.

For all the stats lovers: Carr was able to pad up his stats in the last 5 minutes of the game so now his stats will look good to public view and his completion % must have increased as well. This is the way you win ball games.