Carr interview on 610 this morning

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by wwffan99tx, Dec 11, 2006.

1. wwffan99tx

wwffan99tx Veteran

Let me start this by saying I am not a Carr hater. I have supported him his entire career with the Texans. But this morning on 610 he was asked about taking a knee with 53 seconds left in the game. He said Kubiak asked him what he thought and he responded with "It's up to you coach." Then he proceeded to ramble on that the Titans were getting a good rush all day and if he dropped back he would be on the goal line and blah, blah, blah. This pissed me off. Would VY or any other great QB have that attitude? No, they would WANT the ball and take a chance to win the game. I'm through with Carr now. He is a loser and always will be. Kubiak can't make him have heart.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I don't know who is to blame, but when you haven't turned the ball over all day, with 1 minute left in the 4th and an opportunity to win (I don't care where you are starting from), you at least try.

Playing with that much fear, playing not to lose, is the best way to ensure a loss.

3. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I was just glad he didn't take a knee in the end zone.

hollywood_texan and Yankee_In_TX like this.
  4. real

real Guest

If Carr said that then he's a loser....

I can understand a coach making that decision...But not my QB....

5. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

O my good lord gosh!!!

Football IQ runs strong in your family does it not, lets go 88 yards with no protection like there was all day and maybe get sacked or have a ball tipped and picked, lets throw it to Dre and trust him O wait he already dropped 2 balls that day I am sure we can trust him to come down with one, I could go on but I am sure I would just loose you...........

I am not a Carr hater but I think he is a looser? Who are you trying to fool with a comment like that.

Lets just say more bad things could have happened to you then good at that point.

6. wwffan99tx

wwffan99tx Veteran

Since you are so intelligent, you probably already know this...... LOSE is spelled with 1 O, not 2.

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

He's a loser, and I finally see it now. I had so much hope for this guy, the face of the franchise and all that.

He's a loser who is comfortable losing

8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

And what if Carr had been sacked in the end zone? Would the same folks have defended the attempt to score?

I doubt it.

They had a 1 point lead at that point and it made good sense to take the knee...IMO.

9. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Still does not chaange whhat II saaaid doees ittt!

10. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

we need a new qb.. one whose not afraid to step up and take chances.. I can't imagine any qb not being eager to go for a win with the game tied and 50 seconds still left. I was watching the cowboys game( even though that game turned out to be the massacre of texas stadium) and even before the game turned into a rout, i remember it was 4th and 8 and Romo started signaling to Parcells he wanted to go for it. That's the attitude we need, that's the attitude of a winner and a leader. And David Carr is neither a winner or a leader.

11. real

real Guest

I don't know of a single QB with any kind of fire in his belly that would have said no thank you to an opprotunity to drive his team to get into position to win...And I don't know about the 88 yard thing...all we needed was a field goal....

If David Carr said no thanks to that, then he didn't have faith in himself or the team...Had I been one of his offensive lineman, I would have looked at him like WTF did he just say ? I can understand Kubiak wanting to be conservative, but as a player for you to not want an opprotunity like that is pretty weak, lame, and sorry....JMO

12. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

I agree, i want a quarterback with a champion's mentality, Carr does not have that from what i've seen. He's a good guy and a good athlete but he just doesn't have the intangibles like a Peyton Manning or Brett Favre has.

I hope next year Sage is back and given a chance at the starting job. I've seen a few interviews w/coaches and other players that say Sage is a true leader and players gravitate toward him b/c of his competitiveness and field general-type qualities.
    If not Sage, i hope we can get someone else in here like maybe a Jeff Garcia, or Jake Plummer even. Mabye even Culpepper if he's booted out of Miami since the Piano-man Mr. Harrington seems to have the controls now.

13. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

"No we should have went deep 3 times":tease: :tease:

Your right taking a knee was the right SMART call.

14. texan's blue

texan's blue Rookie

It would've been nice to see them go out with their guns blazing... you had to guess though that if the Titans got the ball first in overtime they had a really good chance at scoring.

15. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

And the story builds, if you would really like to know, Kubiak said at his presser yesterday after the game that it was his call, so I guess we can just argue this now.

16. real

real Guest

The game was tied first off....

And yes.....I would have still supported the decision....

This comment makes no sense, because the only people who would have been upset afterward had he gotten sacked would have been the people that didn't want him to go for it in the first place....not the people who wanted them to try to get into field goal range to begin with...

17. wwffan99tx

wwffan99tx Veteran

Actually I would rather they lost while TRYING to win than to give up and let VY punk them the way he did.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Of course it was, but Carr did say basically what was quoted on his interview too.

19. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

This is my view on this whole thing.

Carr has most of the abilities needed to play QB, he can run, he can throw, he's in very good shape.

What he lasks, and what this radio interview somewhat acknowledges is that he is not a very good leader. For me a good leader is someone who makes a decision and acts upon it, regardless of whether or not it results in a success. A good leader is one that acts, regardless of the outcome; A bad leader is one that does not act.

To me this is Carr's flaw, he does not act, he does not make a decision. I know there are many other factors to why he has not had too much success, coaches, playcalling, offensive line, running game. But even considering all of these things, I still see a Carr afraid, unable or incapable of acting.

ATX likes this.
  20. real

real Guest

Well If you look back at my post post, I said IF Carr said that....

and IF Carr said that he is weak minded...